Can I link my flash site login to Snitz
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ZS Voodoo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2003 :  23:07:35  Show Profile  Visit ZS Voodoo's Homepage  Send ZS Voodoo an ICQ Message
Hello everyone.
I have a online game I play called raven shield.
I also started a team (clan) of my own and I'm trying to have a web site and forum for the public and team members to come too.

I have a buddy who is good with flash but not so much with forums and as for me.....well I just dont know anything at all...lol.

ok on the site we will have 2 login links one for public and one for team members, sooo now comes the problem...
There is no problem with the public link button to the forum, but for the team members link to the forum there is, you see we have a very cool login on our main page for the team memnbers to use to get to the forum it has a cool eye scanner and all that we want to use and already log that person in, not sure how we can do this cus we want to use our cool login, So as it stands right now if you go thru the portal to the forum thru our login..it takes you to another login! And then to a password login! why you ask? Cuz the part we want our team to go to is password protected ... heres what I want... I like for my team to login and bam there in the non public password protected team forum...any help would be very much helpful thanks ahead of time [ZS]Voodoo.

Minds are like Parachutes
....They only work when open!

Edited by - ruirib on 16 June 2003 10:45:03

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2003 :  03:36:50  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Do a search on login or authentication on the General Help Forum, including archived topics. The topic if using another login system with Snitz has been thoroughly discussed.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  23:56:25  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
If you did search, you'd see there are basically three ways to achieve what you want:

1. Change the Snitz code to use your database structure as the base for the user authentication process. This is an approach that may give you some work and as the big disadvantage that you'll need to redo the code when a new Snitz version comes out.

2. Keep both your database structure and Snitz DB structure, and keep them in sync. Probably a good way to do it if you are using Access or MySQL. Disadvantages: the need to add code to keep the two database contents in sync. Upgrading will be a problem as well.

3. If you use MS SQL Server you can avoid changes to the Snitz code altogether. You can just create a view, combining your existing DB structure and the Snitz DB structure, so that the Snitz code "sees" a FORUM_MEMBERS table, as far as the code is concerned. Vantages of using this one: no need to change the Snitz code, since all you need to do to enable this is done at the database. Disadvantages: well to handle updates, additions and deletions from the view you need to use INSTEAD OF triggers. Of course, this is available only with SQL Server DBs.

So, these are the choices, as far as I can see. You need to decide which one you want to use and go ahead with it.

Go to Top of Page

ZS Voodoo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2003 :  23:46:49  Show Profile  Visit ZS Voodoo's Homepage  Send ZS Voodoo an ICQ Message
Im sorry maybe I did not explane myself well... Sorry.

I just have a login screen box or window... you know a username and password screen that will log you into snitz...well thats what I want it to do in the end

I want to use mine and skip snitz login screen box ( for my team members only) to log into the Snitz 2000 forum.

Plus I also have a pulic link into the forum(just a link button)to the forum they can use the snitz forum login screen box.

I want them all to use the Snitz 2000 DB just go thru my login screen box..that logs you into the forum.
I hope this helps...sorry Im a true nood when it comes to this stuff.

Plz feel free to check out my website to see what I was talking about www.zombiesquad.net to login to the forum: username 4444 pass 1234

Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  01:05:13  Show Profile
Have you looked at this?
Universal Login for Snitz 3.4.03
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  08:07:16  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
So, just to confirm, you just want the graphics of the current login form to change, is that it? You want to use something done in flash with Snitz, right? I'm afraid I cannot help with that, if the answer is yes, since I don't know flash and I don't know how you could access the input data from an asp script. Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

ZS Voodoo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  16:25:08  Show Profile  Visit ZS Voodoo's Homepage  Send ZS Voodoo an ICQ Message
sorry again I did not tell you all the right facts.

heres the step by step path I like to go to my Snitz forum.

(Lets say your a clan team member)

1...You come to my main page.

2...You click on the Clan Members Portal (the [ZS] menu tab on the main page) there you will see a login screen Name/Password.

3...After you put your name and pass in and you click apply, you then are loged into my snitz forum useing the snitz (db) and it open you to the main page of all all listed forums.

(The way it works now)

1...You come to my main page.

2...You click on the Clan Members Portal (the [ZS] menu tab on the main page) there you will see a login screen Name/Password.

3...After you put your name and pass in and you click apply, you then Go to a Snitz login screen, There you have to login again (cuz snitz has not see you yet come in)sooo it's just a linkso you login again but this time thru Snitz, then you are loged into my snitz forum and it open you to the main page of all all listed forums.

I like this to be only a one time login prosses and I like it to be from my Clan Members Login screen.

I hope this will help.
Joey

Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  17:50:04  Show Profile
Umm, Am I missing what you want or is the MOD above not almost exactly what you want? You just need to MOD it to use your login boxes etc. Or do you have two DBs?
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  17:54:04  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
So what you want is to use the Snitz DB to login your users, regardless of the way it looks, or do you want to use the Snitz DB and your current graphics look? Sorry, but you haven't made it clear yet, for me at least.

Go to Top of Page

ZS Voodoo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  19:15:02  Show Profile  Visit ZS Voodoo's Homepage  Send ZS Voodoo an ICQ Message
Plz forgive my Noobness..=o(
I like to (sign in/login) from "my" main page, that would be my "home made login screen" to login to snitz fourm...as it stands now "my login screen" is not tied in with the Snitz DB.

That means after you login from my "home made login screen", you have to login again thru snitz to reach the forum home page or list of forums. I had this site bulit for me, sooo i know nothing about ASP or Flash... nor can the guy who worked on it help anymore, But I do know that flash can have many layers..and a login.asp or join.asp is part of that. so does that help explane?
I hope I said it right this time.
here the site addy again www.zombiesquad.net
also I like to place a snitz forum icon on my site to link to you guys.

I hope this helps...

Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  22:05:25  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Does your home made login screen need to be there to access your site, if the user does not want to go into the forum?

Go to Top of Page

lab-dna
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  07:20:39  Show Profile
Try this code in your flash, tie it to a login form and submit button from the Flash Componants list:

#include "NetServices.as"
#include "NetDebug.as"
if (inited == null) {
inited = true;
NetServices.setDefaultGatewayURL("http://localhost:10501/flashservices/gateway");
serviceConnection = NetServices.createGatewayConnection();
serviceObject = serviceConnection.getService("services.YOUR SQL DB NAME HERE", this);
}
var status_msg = "";
status_txt.text = status_msg;
function doSubmit() {
status_txt.text = "Authorizing...";
// Authorize(username_txt.text, password_txt.text )
authorize2(username_txt.text, password_txt.text);
}
function Authorize(u, p) {
serviceObject.authorize(u, p);
}
function authorize_Result(result) {
status_txt.text = result;
}
function authorize2(u, p) {
serviceObject.authorizeByDB(u, p);
}
function authorizeByDB_Result(result) {
status_txt.text = result;
if (status_txt.text == 'OK') {
_global.UserName = username_txt.text;
_global.User.Name = username_txt.text;
} else {
_global.UserName = "";
_global.User.Name = "";
}
}
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  07:25:03  Show Profile
What does that have to do with the snitz login?

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

ZS Voodoo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  11:40:43  Show Profile  Visit ZS Voodoo's Homepage  Send ZS Voodoo an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by ruirib

Does your home made login screen need to be there to access your site, if the user does not want to go into the forum?

If I understand this right...that would be a no.
you can go to my main home page without any login screen, just that when we bulit this site it was made with a very cool login screen to take you to the forum and a eye scanner that works with in the login prosscess (just a visual swf movie) at the very end... of course I like the very very end to place you loged into Snitz.

To tell you the truth...this is a new site, I had this site made for me by a friend who had the time to make it for me (cuz I'm such a noob ) anyway he ran out of time cuz of work he had to do on other jobs.

He was going to make me a home made forum from scrach, but then I found Snitz forum 2000 and we both liked it very much. It's very user friendly and thats perfect for a noob like me

Infact I would be willing to give a donation to anyone who would be so kind as to help me with this (cuz I'm such a noob )

I have learned alot from the start of building my site...but code is something I don't want to mess up.

If asking this is out of line plz forgive me as I dont want to be rude in anyway. just seeking help and answers.

May I also say thank you ruirib and everyone for still looking into this problem.... I' am very Grateful!!

Edited by - ZS Voodoo on 19 June 2003 18:45:44
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  13:08:38  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Look I would like to help, but I really think I'm unable to do it, since I do not know flash, so I just don't know what to do.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07