New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

red1

355 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  15:21:31  Show Profile
Yes it only changes the recurrence. That's why I placed the Edit box along with the event fields and not with the subject or the message. You're right, though; it can be confusing. I'll have to see what I can do about this.

> Maybe the key is to have individual topics once an individual event has been edited...

Surely it can be done like this but I think that'll cause too much clutter. But if this is what you want maybe I can come up with some code for you.
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  15:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
What I might end up doing is something different and store the message and subject in the events table so each one could be seperate, but all still linked back to the main topic.

To be honest most of our events don't need the full topic functionality. So I would use the Subject (or Title) field for the events calendar and same with Message (or Details)...

Just a possible solution. I think that too many topics is going to slow things down. Also this way you can have the calendar get info about archived topics as well.

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum
Go to Top of Page

goldfish

82 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  10:43:36  Show Profile
Red1,

I'm with Steve on this, having looked through the new mod reasonably logically, testing it out to see what it would do. Part of the problem is that the start and end date in the edit window refer to the specific day, but the 'edit' refers to the entire period, if that makes any sense.

Secondly, I might be going mad, but having set some specific forums to be 'calendars' in cal_constants.asp I'm not getting the 'New event' option within the forums, just 'New topic'... I used your 'fresh' files and a clean install of 3.4.03 (using SQL 7), so not sure what the problem is...

That said, the new implementation is generally excellent, really heading in the right direction. I'll give it a more thorough investigation and let you know how I get on.

Cheers and thanks for all your efforts!

Simon

Edited by - goldfish on 19 May 2003 06:54:16
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  20:01:04  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
Wow....excellent improvement!!! Really awsome design ! I am very anxious to start using the early alpha

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter

Edited by - MarcelG on 16 May 2003 20:01:22
Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  21:04:12  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
The mod looks great, but given all the changes I have on my Calendar for custom drop down to show Category and Forum names, Birthday Mod, other bug fixes...I guess I would need to make your modifications on top of my code. I assume you don't have a documentation of the changes by file other than the non-calendar ones in the readme? And if so, could I use the basic Snitz calendar files and do a file compare to yours and flush out the edits that way, or do you have some other things going on in your code? Thanks, it looks like a great piece of work that everyone always asks for.

"The difference between good ideas and good results is performance"
the management institute | tmiFinance | tmiCreative | ProfileOnDemand
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  23:24:50  Show Profile
Any News/Updates on this mod?
Go to Top of Page

Yodabutt1
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  11:51:49  Show Profile
Hey I'm unbelievably grateful for this MOD!! I can't wait until it's ready to go. I've been playing with it and I noticed a week or so ago on the test site, when you click a link to an event listed on the home page I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

/mod/inc_adovbs.asp, line 14

Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
------^

Anybody planning a version of this for ServerHacker's code?

Is there an updated download with recent changes?

Thanks a lot!!
Go to Top of Page

Yodabutt1
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  08:30:45  Show Profile
Hey I'm trying out the 6/4 release of the recurring mod. I also get the error I listed above on my site when I click a link to an event.
Any idea what the fix is? Did I mess something up in the coding? I am using my own modified files via the read me. Maybe i'll try the included original snitz ones temporarily.
I much appreciate any help!
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  10:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Yodabutt1

Hey I'm trying out the 6/4 release of the recurring mod. I also get the error I listed above on my site when I click a link to an event.
Any idea what the fix is? Did I mess something up in the coding? I am using my own modified files via the read me. Maybe i'll try the included original snitz ones temporarily.
I much appreciate any help!
Thanks.

Find
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="cal_style.asp"-->

in your files and change them to :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="cal_style.asp" type="text/css">
Go to Top of Page

Yodabutt1
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  14:16:48  Show Profile
ok i did that (only in topic.asp) and now I get:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/forum/topic.asp, line 133

line 133 is:

rsTopic.open strSql, my_Conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

ideas?? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  14:40:22  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
There is a cal_upgrade.asp file that will upgrade
your database to the newest version. (Found on snitzbitz.com)
Try running that one
Go to Top of Page

Yodabutt1
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  15:29:39  Show Profile
I had run the cal_upgrade previously, but I tried again for fun.

By comparing files, I got the error to go away.

Another thing I've noticed is that events i've added to the calendar are appearing as a new event topic in the forum list....but NOT on the event calendar. Older events that were migrated with the cal_upgrade.asp page, are on the calendar.

Anyone know why?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by - Yodabutt1 on 09 June 2003 19:41:11
Go to Top of Page

Yodabutt1
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2003 :  22:02:13  Show Profile
I have redone this mod edit on another forum using a Crash code base. I get the same problem again. When i submit a new event, it is added to the forum_topics table, but not forum_cal_events table. So new events are not appearing on the calendar.
What am I missing??? Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

terre
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2003 :  21:15:35  Show Profile
I am having a problem with the cal_delete.asp file. The page returns an HTTP 500 - Internal server error and doesn't give any other error messages. Usually I can plod along and troubleshoot if I have an error message but I don't have a clue this time.

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion or has found a bug in cal_delete.asp?

BTW, I have had to comment out the cLng in calendar.asp because of errors:

'If cLng(arrRqCalForumID) = cLng(ForumForumID) then strOptions = strOptions & " selected"
If arrRqCalForumID = ForumForumID then strOptions = strOptions & " selected"

Is this another bug and/or is there another workaround?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

terre
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2003 :  21:26:12  Show Profile
Nothing like posting a question to make something jump right out at ya! I found an error in cal_delete.asp:

line 20 should be this -

Event_Date = cDate(Request("DATE"))

but instead was missing closing ) -

Event_Date = cDate(Request("DATE")

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07