Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 We need your keystrokes!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2004 :  03:07:45  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I guess I am just hoping TKC counter will come back online, I have almost 500k of keys to submit and just keep them builing up till maybe they come online. Does anyone have TKC and whatpulse running at the same time? Would be nice if I could keep TKC running till they get back online and whatpulse while everything is waiting to get back online.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2004 :  03:10:18  Show Profile
Yes, you can run them both at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 24 September 2004 :  10:58:02  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage
Here is the latest. Yippee, I have about 300k to submit.

9/24/2004
TKC is coming back!
We are proud to announce the new hosting for TKC has been secured and the service will be available within 48 hours, barring any significant unforeseen problems. It will take some time to restore the server and statistics databases completely, and it may take a few days for the new server IP to propagate to all the DNS servers, so please be patient if the site is not available immediately.

Thanks for all of your understanding and support during our move!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 24 September 2004 :  17:02:26  Show Profile
quote:
barring any significant unforeseen problems

Need I say more ...
Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 24 September 2004 :  19:09:25  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
shame i kept the auto-submit thing on while it was down - id have about a million and something if i didnt!
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2004 :  17:57:24  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage
So far so good, the server is up, he just doesn't have the TKC stats running yet.

Jezmeister - if they didn't submit because the server wasn't available then where did they do? You should still have them.
Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2004 :  18:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
well they dont appear to be there, everytime it tries to submit it just goes back to 0 and gives the error message "an error report file has been dumped...."
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2004 :  01:17:29  Show Profile
Don't say I didn't tell you so

quote:

False Alarm
It appears that there has been a hardware issue during the move of the TKC server. We're taking it back offline until we can isolate and repair the problem. Our most sincere apologies for the additional delays.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2004 :  08:28:27  Show Profile
No laser, that's only half of it. Apoch actually got the server back online (at least, so he says) on Sunday, but then it went back down as quickly as it went up because:
quote:
We've just had a bit of really bad luck... a tree fell on the lines near here and cut power for a while. The server will be down again until we can rebuild the stats (again).
A tree fell on the power lines. lol
Then he says:
quote:
There's been a major issue with one of the data hard drives in the server, probably touched off by the power problem. Until I can isolate and fix it we're going to have to stay offline, again indefinitely - but this time it shouldn't be too long. Really sorry for the false hope - and for those of you who managed to sneak in stats while it was up, you're my witnesses - it DID work, for a while
So it's the stupid tree's fault. lol

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2004 :  17:05:29  Show Profile
ROFL, yeah, he predicted the tree falling several months ago, which is why he hasn't worried about it until now
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2004 :  14:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage
OK, so let's say I'm ready to give up now.

Is there a key counter that can be downloaded and hosted by me? I have a site I'd be more than happy to host it on. It's just a silly toy and I only plan to use it for a small group of friends and coworkers.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2004 :  00:25:11  Show Profile
I've looked for awhile for something like that, but haven't found anything.

I asked Apoch on TKC's website, here is his response:

quote:
Pricing for this option is confidential and must be discussed under applicable NDAs. If you are interested please contact sales@piqsoftware.com.

I can provide a simple overview of the pricing scheme but the actual costs will not be released.

- Fixed one-time purchasing cost for the server software
- Fixed annual licensing fee per server
- Fixed annual royalties per active user
- Negotiated one-time fees for branding the host site
- Negotiated one-time fees for branding the client software

For security reasons we will require that we host the server. Purchasing a server unit and hosting space for the server will incur additional costs. There may also be applicable configuration fees.

Also please be aware that you will not be able to deploy your own server until after our own has been restabilized.

So, they want you to pay for it, but they have to host the server, so I guess you will never actually see what you have paid for. Seems very unrealistic if you ask me..
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2004 :  20:27:56  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage
I saw your post, I was wondering if that was you Richard.

I agree, seems like a strange deal, they'll let you buy it if they can host it, but they can't host it because they can't get the server online. ???
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2004 :  21:08:37  Show Profile
it defeats the whole purpose of wanting to run it yourself. Uptime and reliability. Something they are seriously lacking.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2004 :  02:52:39  Show Profile
Yeah, I wonder what their refund option is ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07