policy.asp modifications
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  01:51:24  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
I have made some minor modifications to policy.asp, both for utility and to remove some typos/grammatical errors.

What I have written very well suits my forum, but I believe that others may wish to use what I have changed and written, so please take what you think will help you. You will notice that what I have written should be easy to understand, and I hope will stand up in court .

If you need the actual code of what I am using, I will be happy to post it (not too hard to do).

I would also like the input of others who can find any ambiguities in the language, or think of something to change.

So, here's what I've come up with:

quote:
If you agree to the terms and conditions stated below, and agree to follow them, press the "Agree" button. If you do not agree to follow them, press the "Cancel" button.

All users of this forum will need to provide a username (a name to identify yourself in the forum and when you login), a password, and a valid e-mail address. The Administrators of these forums, the Moderators who participate in the forums, or the owner(s) of this website CANNOT be held responsible for the privacy of any user of this website or these forums. Please remember that all information that you submit or disclose while visiting this website or these forums could become public information. This website takes precautions to ensure that certain information remain private, but you should always exercise caution when sharing information, especially any personal information. Please remember that technology improves rapidly, and it is increasingly easy to obtain information on the Internet.

By pressing the "Agree" button, you affirm that you understand and accept the fact that virtually any variety of material could appear in these forums. Any user who finds material offensive should immediately notify the owner(s) of this forum. However, the owner(s) of this website do(es) not have complete control over the content of this forum (that is, after all, the nature and appeal of forums) and cannot ensure that the forum will not be entirely inoffensive or unobjectionable. We will, however, remove material and links to material that we feel are inappropriate, when we become aware of them and are able to remove them.

You are in control of your publicly available information! Simply log into the forum with your username and password to change the information in your profile.

This site collects personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your IP address. Cookies must be turned on in your browser to participate as a user in these forums. This site uses cookies to hold your username, password, and certain customized viewing options. These cookies will also allow you to login automatically, if you so choose.

By pressing the "Agree" button, you affirm that you, the user, are at least 13 years of age. You further acknowledge that your affirmation by pressing the "Agree" button supersedes any other claim to be of a different age (for example, if you claim to be over 13 years of age now, but claim later that you are not, we will assume that what you say now is the truth). You accept that you are fully responsible for any information, data, or file supplied by this user of this account (in other words, don't let other people discover or use your login information!). You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by you or the owner(s) of these forums. You agree that when you use these forums, you will not post any material that is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, or invasive of others or their privacy, or material that violates any laws.

If you do agree with the rules and policies stated in this agreement, and meet the criteria stated herein, press the "Agree" button below to join the forums; otherwise press "Cancel".

Important Advice from the Webmaster: If you are using a firewall (such as ZoneAlarm, Norton, Black Ice, or Tiny), you might need to disable it before you press the "Agree" button; otherwise, you will most likely be returned to this page after you press "Agree".

Are you using Yahoo? Hotmail? Rediffmail? Make sure that your mailbox is not full. Every day I receive notices that mailboxes are full. If your email bounces, you will need to register again, and you will need to create a NEW username.

Certain words, names, and terms are not allowed in usernames. Some of these include names of employees of this website and certain other terms. If your name is not allowed, please try a different one.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  20:45:43  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Very nice, Erin. *quickly does copy & paste*

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07