Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  18:12:37  Show Profile
I have configured this feature for my site, added a button for it with the post format buttons and in inc_func_common.asp I have added a 'SPOILER WARNING:' tag to sit infront of the highlighted text !
It all works fine- appart from when a member REPLIES to a topic with a spoiler on. in post.asp, the bottom part of the page which is the TOPIC REVIEW- the spoilers are completly showing with no need to highlight !

Edited by - ruirib on 29 March 2003 15:00:24

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  18:20:47  Show Profile
what's a spoiler warning!!

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  18:40:55  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by gareth_moore_2000

I have configured this feature for my site, added a button for it with the post format buttons and in inc_func_common.asp I have added a 'SPOILER WARNING:' tag to sit infront of the highlighted text !
It all works fine- appart from when a member REPLIES to a topic with a spoiler on. in post.asp, the bottom part of the page which is the TOPIC REVIEW- the spoilers are completly showing with no need to highlight !

Sounds like a nice little MOD there. Perhaps a link to your page and to the code in question would help.

DavidRhodes: Try this code and see what happens: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  18:46:01  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
You mean David doesn't know about this feature???

Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  19:01:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

Is this in snitz base code or a mod? What's it used for!

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  19:04:30  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DavidRhodes

quote:
Originally posted by dayve

Is this in snitz base code or a mod? What's it used for!

I find many people use it to make mention of things that they may have seen in a movie that others have not seen yet and don't want it spoiled. Those that want ot read it can just hightlight the text are. There are a bunch of things you can use it for really, we've had fun with it just confusing the hell out of members

It is already incorporated in the Snitz 3.4.x code

Edited by - dayve on 28 March 2003 19:05:24
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  19:17:03  Show Profile
Cool idea, actually remember reading that some moderators use it to make comments on posts

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  19:19:25  Show Profile
Gareth, if you do a 'Reply to Topic' on this page you'll notice the spoiler are still hidden, why not post the code up that you did so people can see if there's a problem with it

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  07:47:00  Show Profile
Its not really a mod but:

in inc_post_buttons.asp I added this line of text (place it where you want the spoiler format button to appear):

"<a href=""Javascript:insertsmilie('[sp0iler][/sp0iler]')"" tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconEditorSpoiler,"Add Spoiler","") & "</a>" & _

You need to create your 'spoiler' format button (or steel mine from post.asp) and dont forget to add that image into inc_iconfiles.asp

Then in inc_func_common.asp search for [sp0iler] and replace that line with this:

fString = doCode(fString, "[sp0iler]", "[/sp0iler]", "<b>Spoiler Warning:</b><font color=""" & CColor & """>", "</font id=""" & CColor & """>")

The results are like this:

http://www.harchester.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4315

I just tried the feature without the changes I made and it still shows the spoiler in black text in the review topic feature- which leads me to think its a fault in my post.asp page ! But I cant see what since I haven't made that many changes to that page !
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  13:31:19  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I've done a new spoiler tag too (puts the spoiler content in a table), and renamed the current spoiler tag to [invisible].
I'll dig up the code if anyone's interested...

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  15:37:36  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

I've done a new spoiler tag too (puts the spoiler content in a table), and renamed the current spoiler tag to [invisible].

I'd be interested in that! It'd be really great for my forum.

I saw something similar somewhere, can't remember where, but yeah, that'd be great for me.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

pyrodude

101 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  18:55:12  Show Profile
This is cool!!
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  17:42:52  Show Profile
yeah, I would like to see that code onewaymule if you have it !
Go to Top of Page

robbear7

106 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  04:38:17  Show Profile  Visit robbear7's Homepage  Send robbear7 an AOL message  Send robbear7 an ICQ Message  Send robbear7 a Yahoo! Message
I created a script that would put the spoiler in a set of <div> tag's along with a text link right above it that said "show/hide". The div tag was set to a CSS class with display:none and the "show/hide" link used a bit of javascript to swap the class of the div tag to a class that would make the content appear. From their clicking the "show/hide" link would toggle the div class back and forth to show and hide the content. It was kind of nice, more dynamic and professional looking anyways.

http://www.r7designer.com
Free Dreamweaver Templates and loads of help for CSS, XHTML and Web Standards.
Go to Top of Page

Vincenzo

Italy
64 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2003 :  07:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Vincenzo's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

Yes, i'm very interested....

Thank You!!!!

Ps: I'have the problem that the spoiler is visible in a "review topic" too.

http://www.targatona.it
http://www.targatona.it/forum

Edited by - Vincenzo on 29 April 2003 07:35:01
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  16:39:41  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by robbear7

I created a script that would put the spoiler in a set of <div> tag's along with a text link right above it that said "show/hide". The div tag was set to a CSS class with display:none and the "show/hide" link used a bit of javascript to swap the class of the div tag to a class that would make the content appear. From their clicking the "show/hide" link would toggle the div class back and forth to show and hide the content. It was kind of nice, more dynamic and professional looking anyways.

Robbie, that sounds nice, too. I've seen the spoiler tag in action with extra stuff at the beginning and end (on vBulletin I think), and it looked great.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07