Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Email List & Message Manager (opt-in / out)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2001 :  10:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
I'll grab a look at it today .

-Kerry

Go to Top of Page

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  07:31:42  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
Rob,

Just a quick follow-up to let you know I haven't forgotten about
getting this SR4-ized. It's just that everytime I get much into
working on it I get interrupted by annoying things like an email server's RAID
controller going out.

...Just so you know I haven't forgotten!

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  21:21:55  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Great Kerry,

I think a bunch of sr4 users will appreciate it.

Earlier posts should explain stuff -- if you have any other questions just let me know.

Rob

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2001 :  18:05:05  Show Profile
Hi,

This is a great mod, and it would be great to see in the next release. How about creating a poll for Snitz as to which addons we would like to see in future versions - that way you would know where to spend the development time.

As for this mod:
On my profile page I get two YES's on the drop-down list for spam.
Also, any quick suggestions on how I can enable this mod for my moderators? I have looked at the Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") = "15916941253" tag, and I am not quite sure how this fit's into everything.

Thanks
Eddie

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  02:43:21  Show Profile
FYI

The memo data type in equal to the TEXT data type in SQL, and should always be the last field in the list. It's probably not a good idea to use TEXT or MEMO data types, as it really uses a lot of space, even for records with no TEXT or MEMO attached to it.

Go to Top of Page

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  04:21:02  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
what would i need to mod ... to just email to who ever members i want ... no matter if they got the "allow getting emailed by admin" option checked :)

Go to Top of Page

b4y
Starting Member

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  15:05:02  Show Profile  Visit b4y's Homepage
Thanks your MOD works fine for myself.
Only the Message-Edit Modus is not centred in the page.

Keep Cool
b4y

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  17:00:17  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Kerry,

Missed a small change in my pop_delete.asp file. A missing "end-if". I fixed it and uploaded it. The original link earlier in this topic will get you the revised version.

Also, just realized I didn't do the:
<% if Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") = "15916941253" then %>

in the post_group_members.asp I don't know if this is a "biggie", but I just logged out as admin and it didn't bump me back to the default.asp page like other admin type pages would do...

So how's it going, eh?

Rob

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
Go to Top of Page

mark
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  20:11:55  Show Profile  Send mark an ICQ Message
where could i get the program file of this. I think its cool to have this. Im just a beginer pls help. And is the file is bug free alredy. Thanks

im the king of the world
Go to Top of Page

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2001 :  03:42:59  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Are you aware of this or is it just my installation. Specifically, I cannot get it to sort by Posts DESC.

Try this:
http://www.cantonweb.com/kerrycode/admin_emaillist.txt

Let me know if that corrects it. Also, is anyone else seeing this same behavior?

-Kerry

Edited by - kerry on 27 January 2001 17:53:13

This isn't the same behavior, but it is frustrating... Only thing I can tell that's different setup wise is I'm stuck with a SQL 6.5 server for now.

Here's the error message when trying to send an email via admin_emaillist.asp (the second version) (I've also made it Response.write the SQL statement so you could see what it was trying to do...)

quote:

select * from FORUM_MEMBERS where MEMBER_ID in (1) AND FORUM_MEMBERS.M_STATUS = 1 AND FORUM_MEMBERS.M_EMAIL <> ''
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cursor open failed because the size of the keyset row exceeded maximum allowed row size.

/admin_emaillist.asp, line 430

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2001 :  22:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Kerry,

Just wondering about the status of the sr4 version of my little add on? I got it working on Rick's sr4 site (Eastpasco), a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I might make an sr4 version available to others. That is if you haven't gone through most of it and were ready to release it your self?

Let me know...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
Go to Top of Page

clandpa
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  09:56:00  Show Profile  Visit clandpa's Homepage
look at what i get when i do it www.clandpa.com/forum/emaillist_setup.asp, what could the problem be?

www.clandpa.121host.net/forum/default.asp" target="_blank">http://www.clandpa.121host.net/forum/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

luis
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2001 :  12:14:42  Show Profile
Kerry , Please advice.. when I ran emaillist_setup.asp I got this below.. since someone had previously posted something similar I changed the
config asp as shown below [i had the 97 access version set too]. As far as version of the forums, I am using the main forum zip file that I downloaded about 1 week ago from the snitz website.
Thanks
-Luis

changes in config.asp:

'strDBType = "sqlserver"
strDBType = "access"
'strDBType = "mysql"

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\mydomain\cgi-bin\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/fpdb/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\mydomain\cgi-bin\snitz_forums_2000.mdb;" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=SQL_USER;pwd=PASSWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_NAME;uid=MYSQL_USER;pwd=PARRWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MySQL

error I get...

Setting up user preference table....

ALTER TABLE FORUM_MEMBERS ADD COLUMN M_RECMAIL smallint DEFAULT 0

-2147217887 | Field 'M_RECMAIL' already exists in table 'FORUM_MEMBERS'.

Setting up admin table for frequently sent mail....

CREATE TABLE FORUM_SPAM (ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) not null CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, SUBJECT VARCHAR(255), MESSAGE MEMO, F_SENT VARCHAR(255), ARCHIVE VARCHAR(1) DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | Table 'FORUM_SPAM' already exists.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  17:28:23  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I absolutely love this feature but just ran into a snag.

when sending email to all members everything works fine and all recipients receive the email. I use CDONTS for senting mail via SMTP but 2 minutes after sending the mail IIS 5 Web Services shut down! I am only sending mail to 50 members right now. Is this a problem mainly because of IIS' CDONTS? Should I use JMAIL or something else so it doesn't conflict with IIS or is there a bug in the code?

Please help, this is probably the BEST feature of the forum for an Admin and would love to continue using it.

Thanks again.

dayve

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 28 April 2001 17:31:25
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  17:49:39  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I can't send to ALL members it will send to those people I check but not if I say all.
Any clue?

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07