Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Email List & Message Manager (opt-in / out)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  06:52:03  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Rob... Did you or anyone get the groups to work on SR4? I really could use this mod

Well to tell you the truth I can't get the 2nd version of this mod to work.. I tell it to
email ALL and it doesn't take but about a second then it's done.. and nobody gets any mail.
BUt if I check ALL the boxes manually the email gets sent.

This is the error I get when trying to add users to a group:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_GROUP_MEMBERS WHERE FORUM_GROUP_MEMBERS.GroupID = 1'.

/post_group_members.asp, line 94

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.

Edited by - rick7165 on 06 March 2001 07:15:33

Edited by - rick7165 on 06 March 2001 07:47:57
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  08:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Rick...

No, I haven't. I still don't have an sr4 installation. (I went to look at CTSolutions, but their site had bugs or some problems -- I don't know which.)

I was hoping that Kerry would get it done, but it sounds like he's tied up -- I know how that feels!

When you mean the 2nd version, do you mean Kerry's second version (paging etc.) without the Group enhancements? I did not have any problems with Kerry's base code -- I wonder if it's HuwR base code (that you use), that is the compatability issue...

quote:

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_GROUP_MEMBERS WHERE FORUM_GROUP_MEMBERS.GroupID = 1'.

This simply looks like there is no "operator" in the statement... (Select, Delete, Update, etc...) If I recall, that file only had a a very simple Delete and then Select statement. (I used ADO code to do the Updates) Wait a minute...

Ok... just checked that file the Delete syntax in my file is for SQL Server. I think for Access you have to use DELETE * FROM (asterisk). Try that and see what happens...

Rob

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 06 March 2001 09:00:10
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  08:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Just to be clear, that code section should NOW read this:

strSql = "DELETE * FROM " & strTablePrefix & "GROUP_MEMBERS WHERE "
strSql = strSql & strTablePrefix & "GROUP_MEMBERS.GroupID = " & Request.Form("GroupID")
my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  09:12:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
BTW, Rick... my mail server is down this morning... so if you've sent a reply to my email last night, I've not received it. Weather permitting I'm catching a flight this afternoon... so athe Avatar thing will have to wait till I get back...

Sorry for using this board as an email substitute!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  10:00:24  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Not sure how to do this not up on doing code...

BTW... I got your email... worked great Thanks!

quote:

Just to be clear, that code section should NOW read this:

strSql = "DELETE * FROM " & strTablePrefix & "GROUP_MEMBERS WHERE "
strSql = strSql & strTablePrefix & "GROUP_MEMBERS.GroupID = " & Request.Form("GroupID")
my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2001 :  23:21:22  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Rick,

YOu should be able to just see the very small difference between the orginal Delete statement and the new one I posted. Just make that small change... if you can't seem to find it, email me your file...

Hey Kerry...

Any progress yet?

Rob

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  05:52:07  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I'm so lost it's not funny... it's getting harder and harder to keep up with these updates and patches..

This mod does not and has not worked for me. I've posted over and over I'm having trouble and nobody
has responded that I see...

I can't email using this mod... If I tell it to email ALL users it doesn't work. If I sit here and check 100
users then tell it to email Just Checked.. it works.

This is just like the Members.asp I'm still having trouble with it.. Nobody can help.

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  10:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi Rick,

Hmmm... it sounds like you're having problem with the email portion of the code, (which I barely looked at -- it was not required for my enhancement of Kerry's original mod.)

I'll take a look at the "email" section later this morning, but if there is interaction between Kerry's code and any of the include files, I'll be of limited help -- I'm still using SR2 and you are using a HuwR-modified-SR4.

In an earlier message, you said that you were having problems with the SQL DELETE statement in my post_group_members.asp file. Did you resolve this problem? (This is what I was actually referring to earlier -- this I think I can actually help with!)

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  11:10:56  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
SQL.. Not me.. I'm on Access.

quote:

Hi Rick,

Hmmm... it sounds like you're having problem with the email portion of the code, (which I barely looked at -- it was not required for my enhancement of Kerry's original mod.)

I'll take a look at the "email" section later this morning, but if there is interaction between Kerry's code and any of the include files, I'll be of limited help -- I'm still using SR2 and you are using a HuwR-modified-SR4.

In an earlier message, you said that you were having problems with the SQL DELETE statement in my post_group_members.asp file. Did you resolve this problem? (This is what I was actually referring to earlier -- this I think I can actually help with!)

Cheers!

Rob

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  17:29:44  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Rob...
Can you do me a Access DB with just the entries I need for the Group mod for email?

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  18:08:01  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Rick...

I had already posted an mdb file in an earlier message. It has the tables in them that should work...I checked the link and it's working... Do you know how to add/import a table into an Access database?

From the messages that you had sent earlier, I'm not sure that this was the problem....

So perhaps, I should clarify something...

A SQL statement like "DELETE * FROM FORUM_GROUP_MEMBERS WHERE" ... etc. is used in many different databases including Access.

Sometimes the SQL "dialects" are slightly different... so, these SQL statements, (like the DELETE statement I was refering to earlier), need to be "formed" slightly differently.

If you haven't already checked this problem, you should --- and it's easy to do...

If you are just using a text editor, open the asp file and do a "find" for the word "DELETE" until you come up to a statement that looks like the one I outlined earlier. Then make the changes and save the file.

If you did that and it didn't help, then email me your file and I'll look at it...

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  19:41:57  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
You are right... After doing this mod it wouldn't let me login anymore...

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2001 :  23:33:56  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
does this mod email to everyone in the the forum db ?!?

does it check to see if they have the ALLOW email from admin option ? or does it email to them anyway ??

Go to Top of Page

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2001 :  23:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
quote:

does this mod email to everyone in the the forum db ?!?

does it check to see if they have the ALLOW email from admin option ? or does it email to them anyway ??

Please see the first post for a full description of the functionality:

"Allows users to opt-in / opt out of Forum Email Updates via their profile. (Default is to allow mail and is not presented as an option at registration so you'll at least get one in on 'em )"

-Kerry

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2001 :  10:13:54  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Kerry,

I've now had two emails to me personally about my little enhancement for your mod -- the group manager thang...

I'm still not on sr4 so I can't test or debug it. I've taken a look at that code and I don't see anything that might make it "incompatable" -- I think Rick's problem is not related. (I can't see how -- but you never know...)

Any chance you can take a look at it? Personally, if you're managing 500+ members that can be categorized into a number of groups, my enhancement gives your mod a lot of extra functionality that anyone would want for this type of feature.

If you have any questions about my little enhancement - I'm happy to help but someone "in the know" has to implement/test it on sr4... that would be you!

Cheers!

Rob

(BTW, I went to check your cantonweb site -- totally cool!)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07