Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Email List & Message Manager (opt-in / out)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  18:05:04  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
downloading JMAIL seemed to fix my problem of crashing IIS but I would love to know why CDONTS did that in the first place.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2001 :  03:46:05  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Hi,
I find that thread somewhat confusing with all posts and different -txt files (which I'm not sure how to handle.
When comparing my own inc_profile.asp with the one in the zip.file I found that there's so big difference that a prgram such as ExamDiffPro signals that everything differs. I'm not able to sort it out.
Can anyone please help me?
Cheers / Tomas Alsbro
http://www.whiplash.pp.se/forum/

!-Keep distance in trafic-!
www.whiplash.pp.se
Go to Top of Page

Sbdi
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  17:02:53  Show Profile
Can someone help please I have just added this MOD to my forums and its not working. I know the problem is because the database fields were never created I went to the page requested in the read me. I am sure this is just a bug or something I used the files from very first post in topic can anyone point me to the correct ones or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Go to Top of Page

honesteven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  21:22:12  Show Profile  Visit honesteven's Homepage  Send honesteven an ICQ Message
Hello... im sure this add on is good but it has screwed up my forum...

When i went to the "emaillist_setup.asp" page i got this error:

Setting up user preference table....

ALTER TABLE FORUM_MEMBERS ADD COLUMN M_RECMAIL smallint DEFAULT 0

-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.

Setting up admin table for frequently sent mail....

CREATE TABLE FORUM_SPAM (ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) not null CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, SUBJECT VARCHAR(255), MESSAGE MEMO, F_SENT VARCHAR(255), ARCHIVE VARCHAR(1) DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

Then I didnt know what was wrong so i procedded to the mail list page and got this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FORUM_SPAM'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/mp3back/forum/admin_emaillist.asp, line 140

PLEASE PLEASE help me fix my problems... my forum is used a lot and i cant have it only 70% working =/

Thanks...

Go to Top of Page

honesteven
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Visit honesteven's Homepage  Send honesteven an ICQ Message
Hello again...
Ive added the table in ms access "FORUM_SPAM" and the columns...

Now on the admin_emaillist.asp i get this error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/mp3back/forum/admin_emaillist.asp, line 232

Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2001 :  14:58:03  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
hello, i come her on hands and knees, i have a request....
this is a good mod i have used it for a while hasslefree, but...
im setting up an ezine, and i need to have a mailing list for all the people who subscribe, but i dont want to setup another list, and i dont want to focre people to join my forum to be a part of it, so i wondered, could someone create a form, where a person (not a forum user) would put in thier email address and name, and it would add them too the list, this would save me eons of time, and would make managing the ezine a lot easier, please someone help me out, i have no clue about asp...
cheeers in advance, stuart.

Go to Top of Page

daveb
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2001 :  17:39:27  Show Profile
Hello, this mod allows for the creation and storing of messages before being sent.. does this apply to an email message or the bulletin board message that a user wishes to post? reason I am asking is because I am looking for a way to store messages before they are posted so that they can be filtered for improper content. If this mod doesn't do the trick, can you suggest a way?

Thanks,
DaveB

Go to Top of Page

haven
Starting Member

Malaysia
8 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2001 :  13:38:15  Show Profile
i notice in this mod, there is file pop_profile.asp in it. Is there any big different compared to the original pop_profile.asp? May i know which one so i just add the line myself to my file instead. I like this mod but i dont want to replace my pop_profile.asp as it's been highly customized.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07