Links Manager v3.0 (Snitz v3.4)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Neil Washbrook

57 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2003 :  08:40:44  Show Profile  Visit Neil Washbrook's Homepage
Great I am watching my inbox!
Go to Top of Page

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2003 :  03:19:10  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
OneWayMule... Looking forward to the new beta. I've got the old links directory implemented and running with 3.4, and it's just starting to take off. If you take a look at my site, you'll see that each of the various "IM Centers" have a "top 10 links" generated from the db. I think that feature has really helped raise the visibility of the links and made them more popular, because since implementing, they've been getting a lot more use.

One feature that might be nice is to track popularity by date range (rather than from the beginning of time). Otherwise a link that's been in the directory for a long time may never be displaced by a newer link. This might show link popularity for the past 24 hours, past week or past month.

Neowin.net recently integrated something very similar: Top Web Links (powered by Monster Top List for PHP.

There are also many sites now posting "affiliates" using a defacto standard 88x31 pixel button. It would be nice if the links directory could provide limitations on image size and create similar "affiliate" lists that used the buttons only.

My apologies if these features were already discussed.

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2003 :  12:52:40  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
I agree with you, Jeff! I like that feature on phpBB thingi.

I installed V2 last week and I liked it. Thanks to the author!

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2003 :  15:30:36  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
While the date range thing sounds like a nice feature, that means that instead of just adding 1 to a link when it's clicked, you would then have to create a table in the db for every click. While that's fine for a small site, any site that has a decent number of links and keeps them up for a while may be using a lot of database space for this one.

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

jkmcgrath

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  09:23:35  Show Profile  Visit jkmcgrath's Homepage
Thanks for working on this Oneway. I cant wait to get it lol

Delta Force Seals
Go to Top of Page

Neil Washbrook

57 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2003 :  05:49:50  Show Profile  Visit Neil Washbrook's Homepage
How you doing on this OneWayMule? Still very interested in testing/implementing it. Not got any links manager currently installed - is it worth putting in the V2 or would it be better to just wait. My snitz based forum is not live yet so there is no users missing the feature! Once I have everything in place I will move over from the current dcscripts forum/dclinks database etc

Cheers
Neil
www.netwings.org
Go to Top of Page

majk
Starting Member

Sweden
8 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2003 :  17:31:31  Show Profile  Visit majk's Homepage
As I don't get any of the versions to work I'm really looking forward to this new version.
But when, I wonder?

/Mikael
http://majk.gbg411.net
Go to Top of Page

wiltech
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  10:11:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by majk

As I don't get any of the versions to work I'm really looking forward to this new version.
But when, I wonder?

If you haven't already, try posting here.

I installed it in about an hour, (includd fixing all of the image links)

Tony W

CJOffroad.com
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  09:41:09  Show Profile
Any update on the Ver.3 OneWayMule? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  09:48:37  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I'm currently going through the code for optimizing/debugging;
Expect the beta in 1-2 weeks; (I know I announced release dates before, but this time it will be release - I promise ).

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  22:55:40  Show Profile
Hi OneWayMule,
Thanks a lot for updating and glad that it's upgradable from Ver.2. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

wiltech
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  00:48:05  Show Profile
What's the status on this ?
Is there anything I can do to help? I progrma in VB and ASP all day long and have access to a SQL server to test this on as well.

Tony W

CJOffroad.com
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2003 :  21:15:50  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I'll post a online demo tomorrow.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Ez4arab

479 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2003 :  20:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Ez4arab's Homepage

where is link demo ? ("OneWayMule")

Ez4arab web site Ez4arab |
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2003 :  20:18:16  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Working on it now!

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07