Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Snitz CSS with Theme Changer Finally! - Updated!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2002 :  16:34:01  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
It's ok Serevinus, we all live and learn. I can mess cos I have the same db runing elsewhere, one for playing with and one for using so I goose anything up I just reinstal a db.

Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2002 :  07:17:24  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
The partial updater is working fine on 3.4 Serevinus, I'm now going to try just adding my mods direct to your original files......fingers crossed, I have a feeling this is going to take a very long time.

I have a question......when adding the mods do I have to change code : ie this is from additional stars .....

" <tr valign=""top"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Maximum Stars:</b> </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" <select name=""strMaxStars"">" & vbNewLine
for c = 1 to 10
Response.Write vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""" & c & """" & chkSelect(strMaxStars, c) & ">" & c & "</option>"
next
Response.Write vbNewLine & _
" </select>" & vbNewLine & _
" <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('/popups/pop_config_help.asp?mode=ranks#MaximumStars')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"Maximum Stars","") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Stars For Administrators:</b> </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <select name=""strAdminStars"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""0""" & chkSelect(strAdminStars,0) & ">Normal</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""1""" & chkSelect(strAdminStars,1) & ">One Only Always</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""2""" & chkSelect(strAdminStars,2) & ">Minimum One</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""3""" & chkSelect(strAdminStars,3) & ">Maximum Always</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('/popups/pop_config_help.asp?mode=ranks#Stars')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"Stars For Administrators","") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Stars For Moderators:</b> </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <select name=""strModStars"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""0""" & chkSelect(strModStars,0) & ">Normal</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""1""" & chkSelect(strModStars,1) & ">One Only Always</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""2""" & chkSelect(strModStars,2) & ">Minimum One</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""3""" & chkSelect(strModStars,3) & ">Maximum Always</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('/popups/pop_config_help.asp?mode=ranks#Stars')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"Stars For Moderators","") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _

So for example where : " <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Maximum Stars:</b> </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Does that have to become......... " <td class=""popuptable"" align=""right etc?????
If so that's going to be a lot of modding of the mods........

Edited by - terryp on 22 November 2002 12:41:34
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2002 :  17:08:40  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
You dont have to change the mods to css, but you can if you want to
Either method will work...
Let us know if you have problems
Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2002 :  16:25:23  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
I've started with the first mod, active users. The minute I put it on I get this : Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/forum/default/inc_iconfiles.asp, line 155

function getCurrentIcon(fIconName,fAltText,fOtherTags)

I've tried always to sort it but can't. The update works fine, My db stays intact but it doesn't like being modded. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong Serevinus?

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2002 :  21:34:55  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I assume active users has an icon in it

It looks like you might of added the line as they told you to, to inc_iconfiles.asp :p
Try removing "const " from the variable name on that line and it should work... take a look at the other variables in the file if you dont understand what I am talking about

Just to check, you did add the line to /forum/default/inc_iconfiles.asp and not /forum/inc_iconfiles.asp? if you added it to the latter file, it would cause problems

I would download AU but the server seems to be busy at the moment
Let me know how you get on
Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  03:46:53  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
There is no modification to inc_icon.asp in active users 4.0. :( Saying that I would have automatically modded forum/inc_icon.asp if you hadn't said. I imagine message icons 3.4 will give me some grief? I can live without that as long as we can have private messages. Am happy to try them out Serevinus, and you're welcome to my files if they help any.

Edited by - terryp on 25 November 2002 03:56:32
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  10:22:34  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
You can zip your modded files, include the 2 inc_iconfiles as well please, and email them to jim@quicksilverwd.com
I will try and sort it out

I havnt looked at the message icons mod, but providing you add the iconfiles code correctly you shouldnt have any problems
Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  13:51:55  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
My mail server is rejecting that e-mail addy serevinus so I've uploaded the zip here : http://d-c2.com/active.zip

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  20:21:07  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sending me the code to check
Your solution is simple... you forgot to add the red line in the code below to config.asp (right at the end of the file)...

'#################################################################################
'######################## ADDED FOR INTERNATIONAL MODS! #########################
strLangLCID = "1033"
function fLang(s)
' fLang=eval(s) ' commented out for IIS 4 compatibility, all related function calls changed
fLang=s

end function
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_iconfiles.asp"-->

That shoud solve your problem...

On a side note, I honestly don't see the point in having a function thats sole task its to assign a passed variable to itself... wouldnt it be easier, and faster, just to use the s variable inline rather than jump out to assign it?
Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  20:58:56  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
Duhh.....told you it would be something stupid. Sorry Serevinus, and thanks.

PS, my e-mail suddenly started working again, so I apologise if you find it in your in box too.

As to the last, I assume you're directing that to the modders? I haven't a clue, I just implement others work.

Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  07:35:20  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
I just want to say thanks Serevinus for all your help. I have the active users mod on now, will do PMs put some styles on and then others can have a look.

Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  11:57:38  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
OK, active users and PM are on with a few styles. You can try it out here : http://d-c2.com/forum/default.asp username: tester password: tester.

Now I know the mods will work and the styles mod will work with 3.4 I shall add the rest of the mods and go live on the main domain. A wonderful addition.

Go to Top of Page

robbear7

106 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  21:45:55  Show Profile  Visit robbear7's Homepage  Send robbear7 an AOL message  Send robbear7 an ICQ Message  Send robbear7 a Yahoo! Message
terryp,

Nice job, you have it fully implemented and functioning. Although I did notice on a few of the themes (Snitz Concrete and Snitz Soft) your logo was missing. You may alreayd know, but thought I would just throw it out there.

Also, you may want to stick to straight gradients without curved edges unless you want to make some time consuming changes to the table layouts here and there. (Blue and Blue Large)

But you know what, an awesome implementation to give your users the option to select the large text. Overall you are well on your way to theming Snitz, which is rare!

http://www.r7designer.com
Free Dreamweaver Templates and loads of help for CSS, XHTML and Web Standards.
Go to Top of Page

terryp

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  05:42:27  Show Profile  Visit terryp's Homepage
I'm well chuffed with it Robbear. I know about the logos on the two themes you mentioned but that one is the test site, on the main the logos are semi-sorted..lololol.

Those are quick graphics mainly to get a feel for it, though I think you're right re the blue. Yes, the sizing is a wonderful addition, most of my users are disabled and some quite severely visually impaired. Colours as well as font sizes can make all the difference, particularly as I can now personalise individual themes to suit. I don't need to do a font increase overall which drives me mad having to look at a huge forum.
The mods are coming back, smilie manager plus went on really easily last night as well as a few little tweaks here and there that the users have grown accustomed to. I'll continue adding them until it's the same great forum but with themes...........yeah!!!

I do to the forums what I do at home......I'm forever changing the 'look', fine for me but I know it sends some users potty coming back to a face lick......this has made all the difference. I can change the look to suit my mood and now so can they. This and snitz.......wey hey.

Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  13:25:25  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
well i installed a crap load of mods myself, but im positive i have errors somewhere in the coding http://forumz.sytes.net/forum/ but for the most part here is my forum

if anyone sees any errors in it please tell me

so far all i have found is a problem with archiving forums, but i never archive accept to test things anyways, so i will try and leave that alone

but i did notice when posting a new link there is an error in post.asp there are some values set to NULL they cant be like that, they have to be '' not null
strSql = strSql & ", NULL"
needs to be:
strSql = strSql & ", '' "

besides that i dont think the CSS forum has any errors in it, but i am positive mine with the mods does, cuz im a n00bie ASP coder, but at least i got it to 'look' right
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07