irondribbles

61 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2002 :  18:18:46  Show Profile
Someone send me the code to use with MS SQL. thnx
Go to Top of Page

aluminumcan

63 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2002 :  18:37:40  Show Profile
This may be a dumb question, but does this mod'ed installation include a mod for allowing anonymous posters? I didn't see a mention of it, but I did see that someone had pointed out that the forum does show the number of anonymous members in the interface.
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2002 :  15:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lussypoo

Exile, have you gotten any further? I gave up the other day but it is like going back to a Geo from a BMW. I've gotten no help on Serverhackers website, so I am stuck.

Sorry Lussypoo... still stuck as well. I can point the config file at the old database and the forum works ok, but, the sitnews.asp and the Guest Book do not work. There may be a few other parts that fail as well, but, I didn't try everything. I figure it's something to do with the earlier mods that I put into the old database with a previous version. Some other problems may have been added to it when I tried to set it up. Proly wouldn't have any trouble using the SH forum with a clean database. ??
I would really like to use the SH forum, it's nice. But, I can't see doing it half way.
I just don't know. Sorry, keep watching here for any clues as to what we can do.

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
http://tfebbs.7times.org/forum2/
Read my latest news in my Profile.
Go to Top of Page

kiddanger
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2002 :  11:40:56  Show Profile  Visit kiddanger's Homepage  Send kiddanger an ICQ Message
I have the SH Forum up and running with a few modifications.

1. I dumped the LiquidChat and replaced it with ConquerChat. I made a few modifications there also. If you've ever used LiquidChat, you'll understand why it had to go. If not, try changing the font after you've posted and watch all of the text you've written then change, font type and size, depending. Now consider you're using Web Dings.

2. I moved the database to a secure location rather than being under /<forum directory>/db

My site is new and for web/application development. If you'd like to see it working, it's here: http://kiddanger.com/

You can use guest/guest to review so you do not have to register.

-kid-

Edited by - kiddanger on 05 December 2002 13:35:44
Go to Top of Page

FE TopEagle
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2002 :  21:38:55  Show Profile
Ive tried setting this version up, and havivg some probs!
mainly with config.asp
I got space at
http://flyingeagles.www3.dotnetplayground.com/
I cant seem to get config file pointed right direction!
Any help would be appreciated

my config file is like this///
'strDBType = "sqlserver"
strDBType = "access"
'strDBType = "mysql"

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines and edit it so that it points to where your database is!
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 on Brinkster
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=http://flyingeagles.www3.dotnetplayground.com/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 on Brinkster
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=SERVER_NAME;database=DB_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (OLEDB connection)
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (ODBC connection)
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_IP;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MySQL
'strConnString = "DSN_NAME" '## DSN

Edited by - FE TopEagle on 05 December 2002 21:43:24
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2002 :  03:22:20  Show Profile
FE TopEagle, you need to use the "virtual path" "strConnString" the one your using is for like a file on the server "d:\mywebsite\snitz_forums_2000.mdb"

And just so everyone knows my code is setup for "Access 2000" only, its not working on MySQL or MS SQL yet. Also it for new installs only. I removed this from the first post and forgot to add it back, sorry.

People have been able to upgrade an old database, but i have not tryed to so i cant realy help with doing so. I do this in my spare time to try to help people, because i love the snitz forum code. I can only do so much, as i am but one man.
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2002 :  03:45:29  Show Profile
I upgraded a forum from 3.1SR4 to Serverhachers with no problems at all. Just run the dbs files (still using the old code), then delete all the files (expect the database) and upload all the new files and click the setup.asp and update forum counts - thatīs it !
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2002 :  07:06:27  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
Thanks to all... I gave up on this and simply upgraded to the latest version of Snitz. I'm re-installing my mods a little at a time and it's working well... no portal, but, I'm happy.

Thanks again.

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
Go to Top of Page

steve shakeshaft

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2002 :  09:40:22  Show Profile  Visit steve shakeshaft's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Exile

Thanks to all... I gave up on this and simply upgraded to the latest version of Snitz. I'm re-installing my mods a little at a time and it's working well... no portal, but, I'm happy.

Thanks again.

I got flamed like crazy when I went to Serverhackers (not by SH himself tho') forum and said the code was flaky. I'm glad I am not the only one who has given up on this. I've kept v3.3.5 running on MySQL. Maybe MySQL was part of the problem?

Regards

Steve.

steve@ukbeg.com
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2002 :  18:22:20  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
Hmm...well, I like his code.. it's just that my database will not function with it,(at least enough to allow all the neat stuff to function properly).. and, I don't know how to update it so it will. Lots of folks here and over on SH site have worked with me and advised me in how to do it, and, I've applied their guidelines, but, it still refuses to cooperate. hehe... I'm thinking it's something about my database, probably from all the mods I had in a previous version. I just decided that I'd rather not lose all my messages and the user base.. Sorry you were unable to get it working... it's a nice setup!

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
Go to Top of Page

xcrash
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  18:00:53  Show Profile  Visit xcrash's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wii

I upgraded a forum from 3.1SR4 to Serverhachers with no problems at all. Just run the dbs files (still using the old code), then delete all the files (expect the database) and upload all the new files and click the setup.asp and update forum counts - thatīs it !

I am currently using 3.1sr4 with a couple of mods, Wii, please can you give me a brief step by step of how you did it (i.e what do you mean by 'run' the dbs files, I have only set up Snitz once and it was a long time ago so a little bit rusty on terminology.

I have a large(ish) 15mb database that I would like to hang onto as it contains a lot of info and it has already been corrupt once this week and lost a lot of information.

Thanks for your help Anybody?
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  01:00:41  Show Profile
xcrash, see here for a start:
http://www.serverhacker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=151
Go to Top of Page

eagle1000
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  16:20:50  Show Profile
is it possible to add extra fields to the users profile? I saw Huwr's MOD earlier but it seems that's no longer available ;(
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2003 :  05:20:01  Show Profile
Yes, this will be in my next release.
Go to Top of Page

Tmpj

Denmark
467 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2003 :  16:05:11  Show Profile
Hey ServerHacker, what about the *WAVE* like design you have on your site, will that be in the next release?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07