Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

japato
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  06:41:11  Show Profile
What is the exact step by step install procedure? I am on the latest, My forum is up and running. I need to know step by step as simply explained as possible. I am still having a tough time understanding sometimes what everyone is talking about. I am sure there are other out there that don't understand how to install it like I am not understanding. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

japato
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  06:48:08  Show Profile
Question about the "Data", "DropMenu" and other folders, does the contect remian in the folders and the whole folder is placed in the forum directory or does the content of these folders need to be placed driect into the forum?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  09:07:15  Show Profile
Got it "half"running on Brinkster... very nice. 5 x 5 uploading so most graphics not up there yet but working fine so far. Changed couple of things on Portal... very easy to re-arrange. Updated EC to a newer version, and also replaced portal EC to cal_default.asp for vertical rather than inc_events.asp... working ok. Will check more but this is very very nice. It's also working in unicode enviornment.... hot out of an oven right now! Thanks for this great moded v3.4.03... Cheers.

Hi again: This stuff is Goooooood...wow. There are still some icons to upload and some minor glitches but believe it is uprunning well... Aloha!

Taku

Edited by - n/a on 04 January 2003 19:59:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  10:17:33  Show Profile
Would like to ask for a help for adding Forum Rules MODS.... I've updated New Events Calendar with a bit more current than comes with the moded forum (one now with a week calendar) and it is working fine. I would like to add Forum Rules to this (and possibly FAQ Admin MOD).... I uploaded Forum Rules MOD and DB setup done...but when I get into Admin Option to create a forum rule, it comes back with the error
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/xxxxxx/forum/rules.asp, line 66

and also the same error message when click on a link. The line 66 is
st frs=my_conn.execute (strsql)

I assume connection string to DB is not properly done (just following a usual standard Snitz MOD setup approach here...): What changes need to be made to make this work?

TIA....
(Otherwise, looking good as a starter...)

Taku
Go to Top of Page

Ez4arab

479 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  16:50:42  Show Profile  Visit Ez4arab's Homepage
Serverhacker your site has been blocked from our ISP, because it contained some word like hack !!!!! I can not browse your site nor received last update

Ez4arab web site Ez4arab |
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2003 :  22:09:40  Show Profile
Feel totally silly but thanks for your attention... both Guestbook[pulldown menu items and portal guestbook sign/view] and Member Spotlight>Member Profile working now.....

(Thank you thank you )

Da, me major lol...
I didn't setup Forum URL in Admin Options.... Now Guestbook in Portal is fine. Sorry about this (this happens when trying to work on 3 V3.4.03 forums at the same time...getting overloaded and diffused... hmm).

PullDown menu ->Sign MyGuestbook still prompting an error server cannot be found.... all other seems to be ok. >>>????Where can I fix this link? Please. - Sorry about this one again. It's working now. Must be something to do with Brinkster bandwidth allowance for a day...went over and couldn't get to it...and probably this was happening when it was getting to the limit....

One more simpleton question, however, am logged in as Admin and clicked on Admin Profile on Member Spotlight, and got a prompt with "There is a problem. You have to be logged in to view this page..."....?? Why is this can be? Any advise???This is working now...not sure what exactly happened before but possibly some setting in Admin or something to do with Brinkster? Anyway, thanks much. This is also settled.

quote:
Originally posted by LeoRat

This may be a simple issue and I feel this is a bit of a stupid qustion but no clue here...

In Site Portal, Guestbook: Sign In is prompting to set.serverhacker.com password protected login window. In Forum Guestbook is working fine. Am running this on Brinkster (General Account) for testing right now and I know there could be some issues for access permission setup for some files...as it takes only .../YOURNAME/db/ as a access permission allowed directory.

Also, I changed a menu from a default type to a pull down. In pull down menu, Guestbook, if I clik on View My Guestbook, it brings to a guestbook view page, but if I click on Guestbook>Sign My Guestbook!, it just goes to a blank page, server cannot be found..... While the Guestbook on the portal sign it|view it remains locked into a password protected login window....

But, is there a way to remove this password protected login and set it to work? and also how to modify a link for a pulldown menu for this Sign My Guestbook??? Appreciate your advise/help.

SH Moded V3.4.03 testing [Brinkster/General Account] is hereSHV3403 Testing

Also, just downloaded V8 from Serverhacker.com.... is there a difference between V.8 listed here (which I used for the above testing) and the one posted in serverhacker.com for dl (noticed some size difference but not sure what is the difference if any)?

(This is a real good healthy juice... V8, I would say!)
TIA,

Taku

Edited by - n/a on 11 January 2003 02:53:30
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2003 :  23:50:35  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Does this thing work with the latest version of Snitz (the one I've got) Or is it just for 3.x.x

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2003 :  03:42:22  Show Profile
This moded forum by ServerHacker is V3.4.03 core based.... the latest release of Snitz Forum 2000.... what's latest are you talking of? Check the first post here for the detail...(am newbie to this as well.)

Taku

Edited by - n/a on 12 January 2003 03:43:51
Go to Top of Page

Airborne
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2003 :  07:24:42  Show Profile
I know this has been asked about 20 times through out this post but either I have ran across a case of just pure stupidity or blindness one. I need to upgrade an existing Forum and cant find the updating files in the library.

Do they still exist there? If not does somebody still have them thats willing to zip them and email them to me. It would be much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2003 :  07:35:26  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Thay are over at his site. look in the File Library

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2003 :  18:29:14  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Hmm....i'm stuck! I uploaded these files on brinkster but couldn't upload all of them, whenever i upload inc_mail.asp it says: Brinkster File Uploader

Finishing File Upload Process...
Uploading File 1...inc_mail.asp
--> Scanning File ...Error : Improper use of 'on error resume next'. Please remove.

0 file(s) uploaded.

The improper use of 'on error resume next' was noted. Comment out the 'on error...' directive of the offending file and reupload it.

How can i fix this problem?

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2003 :  22:28:44  Show Profile
Faizan, are you using Brinkster General Account?
If so, there are some files which generate "on error go next" related errors...For these, you put "on error goto 0" (0=number zero) at the end of the file before %> and re-upload them.
For some files with over 1mb, you won't be able to upload them, as Brinkster file manager accepts total upload of <1mb. This is like dictionary file (1.4mb or so I think) and test_bandwidth file which also is somewhere near/above 1.5mb... Some of these you can disable either in the portal or in the link after you setup a base SH V8 forum.

Otherwise you shuld not have any problems... I got it running after painstakingly uploading all these files - esp. gif files by 5 x 5 file manager upload.. if you have other brinkster account with FTP - then you should not have a file size problem.

Taku
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2003 :  12:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Leo, it really solved problem in most of the files! But "on error goto 0" thingi doesn't work in inc_mail.asp because when i go to http://www31.brinkster.com/lynx626/default.asp it says:
quote:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/lynx626/inc_mail.asp, line 241

"on error goto 0"
^
what does it mean?

»Snitz Graphics

Edited by - Faizan on 13 January 2003 12:31:06
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2003 :  12:42:32  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
Hi! I had been using snitz 3.3.03 ans was using the cookie info to let people have access to other sections of my site. Here is the include file that I had made so others could access those page:
< % If Request.Cookies("Snitz00User")("Name") = "" Then % >
< % Response.Redirect("../register.asp") % >
< % End If % >

Ok that is what I was using for 3.3.03 and works fine at www.weeweeslap.com (coaster related site)
but I tried using that same snippet on the server hacker forums which I installed at www.coastercrazy.com and it doesn't works It keeps sending me to the register page, like it should if not logged in or registered and I am logged in. Can anyone probably do up the code that would work with the server hacker forum? I would greatly appreciate it if you guys/girls could help me out. Thank you in advance!
WWS

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2003 :  12:43:25  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Take out the " in the code, so it's like this

on error goto 0

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07