Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

planetpieratt
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  17:37:34  Show Profile  Send planetpieratt an AOL message  Send planetpieratt an ICQ Message
Did anyone make/acquire a list of changes that need to be made in order for everything to work properly under MySql or MS Sql? Right now I'm running via an Access MDB, but I've ordered a hosting change, and would much rather use an SQL host, since I've heard that it is a faster database system.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

kiddanger
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  04:33:53  Show Profile  Visit kiddanger's Homepage  Send kiddanger an ICQ Message
Resources doesn't appear to exist and to download in the Full Site Mods section, it never loads. Appears to be something with the addfreestats.com/cgi-bin/connect.cgi link. 1 item never loads.

-kid-
Go to Top of Page

schwenz
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2002 :  12:41:51  Show Profile  Visit schwenz's Homepage
A few questions:

If I DL this, Can I import my current database so that all the threads remain but It has all the mods installed?

Can you turn off some of the MODS if you don't want them?

I can't program in ASP, and have been having a lot of difficulty installing the mods I want. So I was thinking I could download this stocked forum and turn off all the options I don't need.

thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

Lussypoo
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  04:10:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by schwenz

If I DL this, Can I import my current database so that all the threads remain but It has all the mods installed?

I have had nothing but trouble doing the upgrade to include my old database. Errors of various kinds. But from what I have seen on sites that actually got it working, this MOD'd forum looks great.
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  17:51:38  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
Serverhacker...Great job! But, I think that one of the most frustrating things about it all is trying to use your old database so you wont lose everything. I tried to set this all up and almost lost it all.. I was able to recover after two days of work, though and now my forum is running on the latest version of Snitz...minus all the mods I spent so much time installing. - But, I have another forum folder with Serverhacker's forum running as well, and, it does use my old database. But, alas, the guestbook wont work and the portal won't either... don't know what went wrong and don't know where to look... guess my old database and all those mods I installed are to blame... thinking of installing a third instance of it with just a plain snitz database to see if all the pieces will function... anyone care to guide me on this, if I decide to try it? comments? Thanks for all the hard work, Serverhacker! You did a great job. Just wish I'd done a better install...

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
http://tfebbs.7times.org/forum2/
Read my latest news in my Profile.
Go to Top of Page

Ameriscot
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  05:42:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Exile

Serverhacker...Great job! But, I think that one of the most frustrating things about it all is trying to use your old database so you wont lose everything. I tried to set this all up and almost lost it all.. I was able to recover after two days of work, though and now my forum is running on the latest version of Snitz...minus all the mods I spent so much time installing.

Serverhacker has step-by-step instructions on how to do this. It really does work. I did it! Just follow the instructions exactly - don't try to take any shortcuts.
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  06:23:42  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ameriscot

quote:
Originally posted by Exile

Serverhacker...Great job! But, I think that one of the most frustrating things about it all is trying to use your old database so you wont lose everything. I tried to set this all up and almost lost it all.. I was able to recover after two days of work, though and now my forum is running on the latest version of Snitz...minus all the mods I spent so much time installing.

Serverhacker has step-by-step instructions on how to do this. It really does work. I did it! Just follow the instructions exactly - don't try to take any shortcuts.

Thanks for the response. I'm sure I could have messed up. I usually do, but, I really did follow the instructions to the letter.
But, like I said, I could have messed up. Perhaps I'll try it again in another folder to see how it goes. Since it worked for you, may I call on you for advice if I hit a snag? Thanks,

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  06:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
AmI the only one who has had trouble trying to integrate their old database? If anyone else has had problems with this and overcome them, I'd certainly like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
Go to Top of Page

Jmoore
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  15:27:55  Show Profile
Has anyone figured out how to install serverhacker with MYSQL yet??

I can't get it to work.

thanks for any help

John
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2002 :  03:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
Perhaps I'll ask it this way... If I have two boards setup... one with my old database and one with Serverhackers code in it, and they are both running well, as is, would it be possible to point the Serverhacker config file at the database in the other forum and have the Serverhacker code work properly with that database? Or, would there be other considerations I'd have to take into account? Would pointing the Serverhacker config file to the old database cause any disruption on the operation of the old database with the other forum? What steps would I have to take to insure that both forums would work with the old database without disrupting the operation of either one? After pointing the Serverhacker config file at the old database, would I have to run setup.asp in order to make the Serverhacker forum function correctly?

Lussypoo said, "I have had nothing but trouble doing the upgrade to include my old database. Errors of various kinds. But from what I have seen on sites that actually got it working, this MOD'd forum looks great." I agree, it does look good and it is great stuff... I can't help but want it all working that way. Lussypoo. I hope you get it working as well.

Well, anyway, I'm asking all this after trying everything I could to set up the Serverhacker board with the old database per the instructions of Serverhacker and others. I'd really appreciate some more discussion on this because it would be easy to just dump all the old board content and start all over, but, my users are concerned about the loss and so am I. Ameriscot, thank you for replying already and I'm just trying to learn as much as possible and to proceed as cautiously as I can on this. I would guess that most of you guys are ASP programmers and I am not. I'm struggling to learn what is happening without destroying what I have in the process. I really do appreciate any input on this.

Thanks and please share any guidance you can.

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
Go to Top of Page

Lussypoo
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2002 :  19:15:01  Show Profile
Exile, have you gotten any further? I gave up the other day but it is like going back to a Geo from a BMW. I've gotten no help on Serverhackers website, so I am stuck.
Go to Top of Page

jrountree
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2002 :  21:46:21  Show Profile
privatemess.asp line 119 what the heck.
Go to Top of Page

Lussypoo
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2002 :  04:02:15  Show Profile
This is the error I am getting. Everything else is fine it seems. But this error comes when I open the Members or the majority of my forum posts. The {number: #} seems to be always a 7 or a 5. Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0009)
Subscript out of range: '[number: 7]'
/newforum/inc_func_member.asp, line 133

Line 133 in that ASP page is this:
strNewRankColor = arrRankColors(intRank - 1) I have tried changing that number to other things but it only changes the number in the error.

Edited by - Lussypoo on 01 December 2002 04:59:08
Go to Top of Page

kiddanger
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2002 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Visit kiddanger's Homepage  Send kiddanger an ICQ Message
Is there a different location to get the fully MOD'd code that serverhacker is offering? Getting to that site and getting it to load is impossible.

I understand he was changing IPs but I thought it was already back up.

-kid-
Go to Top of Page

kiddanger
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2002 :  11:46:16  Show Profile  Visit kiddanger's Homepage  Send kiddanger an ICQ Message
Ok. I got it. It appears serverhacker's ISP went down. He says the whole network. Amazing.

-kid-

Edited by - kiddanger on 03 December 2002 11:46:45
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07