Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2004 :  15:46:29  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by serverhacker

Hello, everyone

I'm sorry that I have been so busy that I cant anser your post, in this topic.

But from now on if you are having trople with my modded snitz code, please post your trobles at my site and not here. I've said this in the main post but people keep posting here.

You will get faster help at my site.

serverhacker

As he said, if you have problems with the code, post at http://www.shnforum.com/

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

realnus

Turkey
77 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  13:31:09  Show Profile
Can someone tell me where I can download snitz forums serverhacker version ? The link "http://www.shnforum.com" doesn't work.
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  14:08:28  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
http://www.shnforum.com/forum/sitenews.asp

Go to Top of Page

realnus

Turkey
77 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  18:55:34  Show Profile
serritzlev ,the web address: http://www.shnforum.com/forum/sitenews.asp doesnt work !!! I tried this before.Have u checked the address ???
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  19:40:46  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Yes i have just now i look to that page at serverhacker.

Go to Top of Page

realnus

Turkey
77 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  20:07:07  Show Profile
So the address is not working ... I am connecting from turkey (turkiye)with adsl 256kb.except this address I don't have a problem connecting the addresses (hosts) out of turkey.Can u (or another person) send me serverhacker version by mail ?

My mail address is nusret_araz@yahoo.com .

Thanks for your interest ...
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2004 :  06:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Exile

Hello,
I'd like to offer a suggestion for a slight modification of the Forum Edit function.

Sometimes, special circumstances, require special Admin Control.

In the Forum Edit Function, the Admin is allowed to select what type of user Access is available.

Basically, the options are All Visitors, Allowed members, visible or hidden etc...

With the Allowed Members option, the Admin can select members from the Registered Guests to be included in a particular Forum. In effect, it's a Selection of just those Guests that the Admin is willing to allow to access that forum. But, what if the Admin needs to be able to allow ALL Guests to access a particular forum, EXCEPT certain ones? How does he prevent certain Guests from accessing a forum without either making the Forum PRIVATE, or, blocking the IP of a user?

I have that situation on my board. I do not want to block IPs or make a forum PRIVATE. And, yet, I'd like to have the option and the degree of control to block certain ones from accessing a PUBLIC forum.

I don't want to delete their membership, or, block their IP, or make the forum private. And, yes, I do realize that all they would have to do is re-register as a new guest and they would have access again. (I'm willing to keep on cutting their access as often as it takes)

What I'd like to see is a modification of the Forum Edit Function that would allow a simple REVERSE of the Allowed Members option.

In addition to the selection of ALL Visitors, I'd like to see an option for All Visitors EXCEPT and then let the Admin pick the names to EXCLUDE from a forum.

I can't create this myself, and, I'm probably the only one who needs it. At least, right now. But, I do firmly believe that if created, this small mod would be immensely helpful for all Admins at some point along the way. And, it would certainly help me right now.

If any one wants to tackle it, I'll gladly beta test it.

I'm using Serverhacker Code, so, that may be a little different than the standard Snitz.

Thank all of you for your consideration.

Exile

Bump...

Exile,
Host of TFEBBS FORUMS
http://tfebbs.7times.org/forum2/
Read my latest news in my Profile.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07