Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Kerosin
Starting Member

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  02:24:23  Show Profile
ok, finally i had to take serverhackers version of snitz forum.
So i also have to write it down in german.
Normaly i would do this by searching all files for text that is in english an translate it directly in the code. Is there another way to change the language, so that i can do my part for a multilanguage version?

Greetings from Kerosin
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  03:08:36  Show Profile
Check with Image, he has all the SH MODs, almost EVERY MOD I think and I'm guessing there is already a German lang pack.
Go to Top of Page

Kerosin
Starting Member

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  03:50:43  Show Profile
i was on image´s site, but couldn´t find a download like this. People on the site told me to download the image forum plus all the Mods an then install it.
BUT thats the same i allready did whith the normal snitz forum and i couldnt get it work. I downloaded 2 or 3 differen forums from image´s site, but no file includes the mods :(
May i´m just du blind to see the right download link because a lot of people on image told me the same as you.

I think i try it one more time, but if i can´t find the file again im translating it by myself.

THX greetings
Kerosin
Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  12:31:42  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kerosin

i was on image´s site, but couldn´t find a download like this. People on the site told me to download the image forum plus all the Mods an then install it.
BUT thats the same i allready did whith the normal snitz forum and i couldnt get it work. I downloaded 2 or 3 differen forums from image´s site, but no file includes the mods :(
May i´m just du blind to see the right download link because a lot of people on image told me the same as you.

I think i try it one more time, but if i can´t find the file again im translating it by myself.

THX greetings
Kerosin

I ran into the same thing there. It is very hard to find the copmpleted full site code. Also the site is so darn slow it'll take 3 hours just to browse through all the need topics.

A new member over at Serverhacker just completed a german conversion and I think he is offering it for download if that helps.

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  16:04:42  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Kerosin go to your topic on image and read the anser there.

THIS HAVE ALL THE HELP YOU NED.

http://www.forums2001.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1314

JUST FOLLOW THE TREED OTHER MEMBERS HAVE WRITE TO YOU THERE.

Edited by - serritzlev on 14 January 2004 06:09:28
Go to Top of Page

hoskar
Starting Member

Sweden
6 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  14:09:12  Show Profile  Visit hoskar's Homepage
How can I get the Private Messages icon to appair in the topic.asp page? I mean when you are reading a topic and you just kan klick to send a PM to the author.

Henrik
Go to Top of Page

proeder

Australia
230 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2004 :  18:18:05  Show Profile  Visit proeder's Homepage
As Gargoyle mentioned - I made a SHN translation to german. The demo is available at http://demoforum.sharepointing.com

A few days more and it's finished.

Looking for german Snitz forum? Suchst Du ein deutsches Snitz Forum?
Hier findest Du eins...

Hosting with ASP Support available: http://www.sharepointing.com
Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2004 :  22:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Ah thank-you proeder!

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

Little_Wind
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2004 :  11:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Little_Wind's Homepage  Send Little_Wind a Yahoo! Message
Hello to everybody!
FIRST -> Im' a complete ignorant concerning ASP & co... I'm just a graphic, so please be kind with me!
I've installed this modded forum on my website but there are some things that seem to not work properly. For instance, I cannot set the moderators in the Admin Options (both with IE6 and Netscape/Mozilla). I set two moderators only because I managed the mdb file with Access...
I cannot set any kind of poll because it spit a lot of errors that I do not understand at all...
I followed the install instruction step by step. Where did I made the mistake? Can someone lend me a hand about?
Thanks in advance!!

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

FuglyDragon
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2004 :  07:38:12  Show Profile  Send FuglyDragon an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by NickD

I just have two problems

on the main page
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/include/inc_page_counter.asp, line 9

800401f3

On the guestbook page

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'FORUM_GB_OPTIONS'.

/forum/guestbook.asp, line 25

And on the Rabble page

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause.

/forum/about.asp, line 10

Im so close, any help would be wonderful

Thanks
Nick

As these were the exact same 3 errors I came across and they dont appear to all be answered here, this is how I solved them.

Just in case anyone needs help with these errors, here is how I solved them for my install of the new code and upgrade of my existing SQL database on SQLSERVER

1. Just remove that include from sitenews.asp (inc_page_counter.asp)

2. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'FORUM_GB_OPTIONS'.

and also Table Already Exists errors when running the dbs_guestbook.asp file.

I tracked this down to three lines in the dbs_guestbook.asp file.

lines 19 and 20

G_T_AUTHOR#varchar(150)##ADMIN#
G_T_REPLYTO#varchar(150)##webmaster@snitz.com#

Seems you need to remove one of the #'s before the text (shown in red) so the lines look like this...

G_T_AUTHOR#varchar(150)#ADMIN#
G_T_REPLYTO#varchar(150)#webmaster@snitz.com#

then line 26

You need to remove the refence to G_ID and its set value of 1 , MYSQL seems to set it automatically and gets confused by it being there. So line 26 should look like this after you have editied it...

(g_varfield1, g_varfield2, g_varfield3, g_v1_switch, g_v2_switch, g_v3_switch, g_message, g_v1_req, g_v2_req, g_v3_req, g_pagecount, g_t_mail, g_w_mail, g_t_author, g_t_replyto, g_t_message)#('ab', 'ab', 'ab', '0', '0', '0', ' ', '0', '0', '0', '5', '0', '0', 'ADMIN', 'webmaster@snitz.com', 'Thank you for signing my Guestbook')

HOWEVER, if you have allready run the dbs_guestbook.asp file and are gettign the error above you may have a corrupt GB_OPTIONS table. So you will need to remove the table by adding the following to the top of the file...

[DROP]
GB_OPTIONS
[END]

So the file now looks like this...

[DROP]
GB_OPTIONS
[END]

[CREATE]
GB_OPTIONS
G_ID
G_VARFIELD1#varchar(100)#NULL#
G_VARFIELD2#varchar(100)#NULL#
G_VARFIELD3#varchar(100)#NULL#
G_V1_SWITCH#int##
etc etc

3. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause.

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread this is caused by the data type set for the following fields in the MEMBERS table

M_AVATAR M_AVATAR_WIDTH M_AVATAR_HEIGHT

and as has also been pointed out the answer is to convert the datatypes to nvarchar, however as I dont have direct access to my SQL database i had to do this by use of a dbs file I created.

basically remove those 3 columns from the table and then recreate them with the new datatype, I didnt keep the file unfortunately, but if anyone needs help they can email me at mike@mikesfishing.com

Overall an excellent mod which is working well for me at...

http://mikesfishing.com/onlineworlds/forum/default.asp

There are a couple of things Im trying to track down....

Huntress's Birthday mod (add birthdays to inc_events.asp) for SHN forum (i have only managed to find the snitz only version).

An include for sitenews.asp that shows top downloads (from filelibrary mod)

An include for sitenews.asp that show top links (for link manager mod)

and can anyone tell me if release 8 files are patched to the same level as here on snitz ? (Security wise I mean)

Cheers.

FuglyDragon
Advertising Manager
http://onlineworlds.org

Edited by - FuglyDragon on 02 February 2004 07:41:59
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2004 :  16:05:10  Show Profile
Hello, everyone

I'm sorry that I have been so busy that I cant anser your post, in this topic.

But from now on if you are having trople with my modded snitz code, please post your trobles at my site and not here. I've said this in the main post but people keep posting here.

You will get faster help at my site.

serverhacker
Go to Top of Page

kingsize
Starting Member

Lebanon
31 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  09:32:55  Show Profile  Visit kingsize's Homepage
I upload it.
didn't work :S ...
is there anything should be changed in the forum ???
I only changed config.asp (I changed the directory of snitz_forums_2000.db)

plz if I made anything wrong tell me
PS: im new to asp coding
Go to Top of Page

kingsize
Starting Member

Lebanon
31 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  09:38:10  Show Profile  Visit kingsize's Homepage
and I upload it as it is... didn't change the directories or anything else... and when I open default.asp it gives me (HTTP 500 error....)
Go to Top of Page

Exile
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2004 :  07:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Exile's Homepage
Hello,
I'd like to offer a suggestion for a slight modification of the Forum Edit function.

Sometimes, special circumstances, require special Admin Control.

In the Forum Edit Function, the Admin is allowed to select what type of user Access is available.

Basically, the options are All Visitors, Allowed members, visible or hidden etc...

With the Allowed Members option, the Admin can select members from the Registered Guests to be included in a particular Forum. In effect, it's a Selection of just those Guests that the Admin is willing to allow to access that forum. But, what if the Admin needs to be able to allow ALL Guests to access a particular forum, EXCEPT certain ones? How does he prevent certain Guests from accessing a forum without either making the Forum PRIVATE, or, blocking the IP of a user?

I have that situation on my board. I do not want to block IPs or make a forum PRIVATE. And, yet, I'd like to have the option and the degree of control to block certain ones from accessing a PUBLIC forum.

I don't want to delete their membership, or, block their IP, or make the forum private. And, yes, I do realize that all they would have to do is re-register as a new guest and they would have access again. (I'm willing to keep on cutting their access as often as it takes)

What I'd like to see is a modification of the Forum Edit Function that would allow a simple REVERSE of the Allowed Members option.

In addition to the selection of ALL Visitors, I'd like to see an option for All Visitors EXCEPT and then let the Admin pick the names to EXCLUDE from a forum.

I can't create this myself, and, I'm probably the only one who needs it. At least, right now. But, I do firmly believe that if created, this small mod would be immensely helpful for all Admins at some point along the way. And, it would certainly help me right now.

If any one wants to tackle it, I'll gladly beta test it.

I'm using Serverhacker Code, so, that may be a little different than the standard Snitz.

Thank all of you for your consideration.

Exile
Go to Top of Page

MadGrip
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2004 :  15:31:41  Show Profile  Visit MadGrip's Homepage
FANTASTIC

Thanks so much for this ServerHacker

quick question though if you dont mind.

I get all the admin options for the polls , but cant see a link anyway to start one ??

also chat dosnt seem to work & I get an error

Top work..thanks for this

Phil

webmaster@wyioc.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07