Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

tuningsv

El Salvador
67 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  17:08:04  Show Profile  Visit tuningsv's Homepage
someone is using this mod with mysql database??
and i am looking for the upgrade dbs files to migrate from snitzs 3.4.3 to shn v8 .... but all the links i saw do not work

thanks for any help

Go to Top of Page

Kesper
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  18:45:48  Show Profile
I cant access the SH site to dl the db files.
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  18:49:31  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
http://www.shnforum.com/forum/
works for me

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Londo-Cat
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  22:29:17  Show Profile  Visit Londo-Cat's Homepage
First off - HATS OFF to Server Hacker. Tons of Killer MODs that work. Love the feature set on that forum.

Still - coolest thing for me is that I can use BOTH the new MODs and the Old Code. Since the SQL tables are just extended, you can use OLD and NEW forums side by side with little modification!

quote:
Originally posted by NickD

And on the Rabble page

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause.

/forum/about.asp, line 10

I had the same error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause.

/forum/about.asp, line 10

Looking at the code:
strSQL = "SELECT MEMBER_ID FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS WHERE M_LEVEL > 1 ORDER BY M_LEVEL DESC, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.M_AVATAR, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.M_AVATAR_WIDTH, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.M_AVATAR_HEIGHT"

In SQL Query Analyzer, the code looks like this...
SELECT MEMBER_ID
FROM FORUM_MEMBERS
WHERE M_LEVEL > 1
ORDER BY M_LEVEL DESC,
FORUM_MEMBERS.M_AVATAR,
FORUM_MEMBERS.M_AVATAR_WIDTH,
FORUM_MEMBERS.M_AVATAR_HEIGHT

I have found only (1) solution for this.

I can fix the problem by changing the FORUM_MEMBERS.M_AVATAR from ntext,null to char(64),null.

This way the you don't get the error "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause."

By changing the SQL Datatype for this value, does this screw up anything else???

Note: After using the forum with real users for a week, I have found no problem with changing the fields value from ntext to Char(64). The only issue that might come up is that the chosen avatar has a longer string that 64 characters (ie: long URL). Other than that - they can upload it to your forum (using the upload MOD) and then use it from your site. Cool!

~ Londo-Cat

Edited by - Londo-Cat on 11 November 2003 12:12:46
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  17:34:59  Show Profile
I installed this mod, and it is def. very cool, but kind of slow, and I don't even have my users transferred over yet. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  19:04:19  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Trina, The code itself runs great! The problem is that a standard web host typically cannot handle the required use of forum variables and so on because they run so many sites on one server. I would suggest hosting companies such as: www.Infoquest.com or www.reddi-web.com" target="_blank">http://www.reddi-web.com
for a good hosting solution.

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

revenger

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2003 :  04:16:12  Show Profile  Visit revenger's Homepage  Send revenger an ICQ Message
It wont upload for me. Is there something you have to do??
Go to Top of Page

revenger

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2003 :  04:46:49  Show Profile  Visit revenger's Homepage  Send revenger an ICQ Message
Ah, it works now - but I'm having trouble setting it up. I need to set the permissions in the db/forum/uploads folders. It says - set the folders to read and write - but how do I do that?
Go to Top of Page

The Goblin King
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  13:37:48  Show Profile  Visit The Goblin King's Homepage
Got it installed and very cool.

I do have one question. Everything works GREAT BUT !!!!

The IP Gate admin panel...

It sais to turn IP Gate on other words Activate Banning. I do thins and the question box sais that once this is done, the banning features are turned on. But I cant see them and cant find them.

When you activate banning.... Where or How do you ban someone. I have a troublemaker I need to take care of.

HELP Please.
Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  14:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Alright if you have downloaded the V8 code which I believe you have you will definitly want to find the "NEW IP GATE" that has been modified by gpctexas. It is posted here as well as at the serverhacker site. Install that and you will have one badd banning program.

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2004 :  12:21:50  Show Profile
New color scheme:

http://www.shnforum.com/forum

Edited by - wii on 11 January 2004 12:22:34
Go to Top of Page

Kerosin
Starting Member

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2004 :  14:53:37  Show Profile
is this forum version a mulitlanguage one?
i have the normal multilanguage version, and some problems installing all that MODs.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2004 :  15:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
No, SHN does not have MultiLanguage support. I think Image's forums support it.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

Kerosin
Starting Member

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2004 :  15:37:38  Show Profile
yes, they have the multilanguage supported forum, but without features like PM, Calendar etc.
I tried to include the PM MOD manually, but the notification doesnt works so as i want it to.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2004 :  16:03:35  Show Profile
Image Forums DO have PM MOD, and Events MOD installed, you can turn them off if you want.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07