New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 30 September 2002 :  20:06:24  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message

Phone Directory for Snitz 3.4.03 by @tomic

Initial Release: September 30, 2002

Turn that Member List into a Phone Directory!

Updated October 2, 2002
Added necessary changes to config.asp

Download it at:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/phonedirectory34.zip

Alternate download(SnitzBitz):
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=70

No demo at this time

This Zip includes:

readme.txt
inc_profile.asp
pop_profile.asp
register.asp
admin_config_members.asp
dbs_phonedirectory.asp
members.asp

On a scale from 1 - 10: So easy your grandmother could do it(if she dabbles in ASP). OK, let's call it a 1

Step 1. Unzip these files to the directory containing your forum. This will overwrite existing files so if you prefer not to have that happen look in the code for "Phone Directory MOD Begin" and add the code until you get to "Phone Directory MOD End"

Members.asp is so heavily changed that I did not make notes. I would just replace the entire file. The same is true with the rest of the files. I suggest just replacing the files(after backing them up) with the ones included in this zip.

---------------------------------

Step 2. Go to MOD Setup in the admin area and create your database fields by running the dbs file.
Back up your database first!!!!

Step 3. Go to inc_header.asp and look for near line 510:

Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _
" <a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp""" & dWStatus("Contact information...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Contact information..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
" |" & vbNewline & _

Replace it with this:

Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _
" <a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp""" & dWStatus("Contact information...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Contact information..."">Phone Directory</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
" |" & vbNewline & _

Step 4. Add 480 pop_config_help.asp

" <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><a name=""Phone""></a><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """ ><b>What are the Phone, Ext, Fax, Cell, Department and Company options for?</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" These options are ideal for a corporate intranet or B2B site where detailed contact information is necessary.<br /><br />You may use all of these together or select each individually except for Ext which is useless without a Phone number." & vbNewLine & _
" <a href=""#top"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconGoUp,"Go To Top Of Page","align=""right""") & "</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _

Step 5. Departments are hard coded in inc_profile.asp so change them to what you want listed.

Step 6. Optional: Ask boss for raise

That's it!!!!

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com

Edited by - @tomic on 02 October 2002 15:11:18

pentiummx

79 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  00:07:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Phone Directory for Snitz 3.4.03 by @tomic

Initial Release: September 30, 2002

Turn that Member List into a Phone Directory!

This is a good one! Sometimes I wonder where you get the time to write these stuff.

I'll give it a try this weekend.

thanks!

- PentiumMX
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  00:10:47  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
This is a rework, and a significant rework, of a MOD I did for 3.3. This one is different in that it allows you to turn on and off each column out of the 6 so you can customize it to some degree. I do need to make the departments a separate include to ease editing, though.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  01:44:12  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Is there a demo site, i dont really understand what the mod will do.

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  01:47:57  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
No I currently have no demo but there is a screenshot I have of the old MOD:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=15242&SearchTerms=Phone,directory

The new one looks quite similar.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

pknaz

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  03:05:07  Show Profile  Visit pknaz's Homepage  Send pknaz an AOL message  Send pknaz an ICQ Message  Send pknaz a Yahoo! Message
Sweet! Thanks @tomic.

[edit]
Ok, when i first looked at this, i thought "Sweet!".....the more i look at it, i think "Wow" :) hehe, you weren't kidding about the "Step 6. Optional: Ask boss for raise "
I'll make good use of this MOD
[/edit]

Edited by - pknaz on 01 October 2002 03:11:05
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  03:49:29  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
I've uploaded the mod but I can't seem to get the Member Options to stick On.

Also, how do Moderators and Admins get to see Last Post and Last Visit fields again.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  12:10:48  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
quote:
I've uploaded the mod but I can't seem to get the Member Options to stick On.

Did you run the dbs setup?

quote:
Also, how do Moderators and Admins get to see Last Post and Last Visit fields again.

They don't. This MOD completely removes that in favor of phone directory related info. On my intranet people could care less about that stuff. Phone numbers are what they care about.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

nealclonts
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  12:25:55  Show Profile  Visit nealclonts's Homepage
I am having the same problem. On the last version of Snitz I had to make some changes to the database fields to make the changes work.
Go to Top of Page

nealclonts
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  14:33:38  Show Profile  Visit nealclonts's Homepage
You will have to declare the variables in your config file.

Add the following to your config file:

Line 109 or somewhere close:
Dim strFax, strDept, strCompany, strPhone, strExt, strCell

Line 280 or somewhere close:
strFax = Application(strCookieURL & "STRFAX")
strDept = Application(strCookieURL & "STRDEPT")
strCompany = Application(strCookieURL & "STRCOMPANY")
strPhone = Application(strCookieURL & "STRPHONE")
strExt = Application(strCookieURL & "STREXT")
strCell = Application(strCookieURL & "STRCELL")

Once this has been done. It will work.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  15:09:08  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message

Ouch. Thanks for catching that. I have updated the zip file.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2002 :  20:41:45  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
If I rename the new members file as phone_directory and change the link in inc_header to point ot this page, can I keep the current members page as another link in the inc_header options? How do I get the link to show and the jump-to page to go to the right file?
Go to Top of Page

ramatalks
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2002 :  16:48:05  Show Profile
Thank you for creating such a wonderful mod. I have installed it but after doing so I am not beign able to get the NT login to work. Is this MOD designed to work with the NT login? Thank you
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2002 :  16:52:56  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
This MOD does nothing with logon since it is just a way to display additional member fields formatted a certain way on a couple pages. I have used NT authentication with this and all seemed well.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

ramatalks
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2002 :  17:23:31  Show Profile
Thank you for the prompt reply. Ealier any new user who logged on had his/her NT login automatically come up. Now it asks for you have to be registered to and after doing that I am getting this error

after i entered my info and hit submit i got this:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'
Invalid column name 'M_ALLOWDOWNLOADS'.
/pge_talk/register.asp, line 626

Any ideas why that would be happening?

Aagin thanks for the prompt reply. Really appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2002 :  19:22:46  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
M_ALLOWDOWNLOADS? Did you just add the register.asp in the zip? If so, that field and its close relative M_ALLOWUPLOADS and M_SHAREFILES need to go! These are references to something you almost certainly do not have. So remove lines with those field references unless I am wrong and you are using My Files. For example:

In an insert or update...

strSql = strSql & ", M_ALLOWDOWNLOADS"
strSql = strSql & ", M_ALLOWUPLOADS"
strSql = strSql & ", M_SHAREFILES"

Remove it.

In the values part:

strSql = strSql & ", 1"
strSql = strSql & ", 1"
strSql = strSql & ", 0"

strSql = strSql & ")"

Remove the red. Be very careful with that.
That's a default value of 1 for UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD and 0 for SHAREFILES. For each spot in register if you delete the fields make sure you remove where the default value/value is inserted/updated.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com

Edited by - @tomic on 11 November 2002 19:27:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07