Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:59:14  Show Profile
quote:

here is the problem i am having with this Content Mod.

i have downloaded and installed version 3 SR4. when i open the post.asp file, i can find and replace the first snippet of code (approx. line 344), but i do not see the second code (lines inserted End) anywhere in the file.

i can tell from the code that it has something to do with the ordering of topics, but i just don;t have it in my post.asp file.

is there another mod that has to be installed to add that code before this one can be installed?

thanks.

j e r e m y | f l i n t
kiNETic communications

Did you find out if there was a fix for this in the link mentioned below?

I can't find this code:

if strRqMethod = "Forum" or _
strRqMethod = "EditCategory" or _
strRqMethod = "EditForum" or _
strRqMethod = "EditURL" then

referenced in the setup text file in my post page.

-Paul

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  07:16:23  Show Profile
Hej eernstbmi - DK

Would it be possible for y to include instructions on how to use this with HUWR/EASTPASCO SR4 release...

The code is somewhat different in their versions, but is it possible to use your COOL mod with them?

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  10:21:36  Show Profile
Would you kindly post all the modified files for this mod? I can't download the sorting mod used in your version.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  08:06:24  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
I've updated the ZIP file with the CAT_FORUM_SORT.ZIP file.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  09:33:34  Show Profile
quote:

I've updated the ZIP file with the CAT_FORUM_SORT.ZIP file.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst

THX for the cool mod...

Could u enclose info on how to use this mod with Huwr-rized Snitz?

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  08:27:38  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
I've just tested it with the "Huwr-rized Snitz".
As long as you don't use the
sort in Sort Order option, then it works fine.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

mazin
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2001 :  04:05:27  Show Profile
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/forum/DisplayTest.asp, line 6

The include file 'forum/config.asp' was not found.

??

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2001 :  04:45:28  Show Profile
quote:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/forum/DisplayTest.asp, line 6

The include file 'forum/config.asp' was not found.

you forgot to change the path of config.asp.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2001 :  14:54:00  Show Profile
quote:

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst

Kool u took out time to test it...

being a newbie at asp, i had no problem with replacing the first and last bits of code, but the middle section I couldnīt figure out, could u post the section u replaced with the middle part of code?...

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

klunde
Starting Member

Norway
26 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  05:59:48  Show Profile
Hi!

I've added your mod into Huwr's version and it works fine, but I do have one strange thing happening. I have changed the main URL for the forum and now display.asp still uses the old one and I can't figure out how it does that.

I added <% =strForumURL %> in admin_variable_info.asp so that I could view the content of the variable and it showed me the new URL, but then if I use another .asp file whitch uses display.asp (displaymode 0 or 30) strForumURL shows the old URL. How can this be?

In the database forum_config I have confirmed that the new URL is in place.

Regards
Morten Lunde

Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  08:53:00  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

quote:

Kool u took out time to test it...

You're welcome. I also run a copy of the "Huwr-rized" version.

quote:

being a newbie at asp, i had no problem with replacing the first and last bits of code, but the middle section I couldnīt figure out, could u post the section u replaced with the middle part of code?...

You don't need to add these sections if you don't want to use the Order By "Sort field" mode.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  08:55:33  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

I've added your mod into Huwr's version and it works fine, but I do have one strange thing happening. I have changed the main URL for the forum and now display.asp still uses the old one and I can't figure out how it does that.

I added <% =strForumURL %> in admin_variable_info.asp so that I could view the content of the variable and it showed me the new URL, but then if I use another .asp file whitch uses display.asp (displaymode 0 or 30) strForumURL shows the old URL. How can this be?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't beleive this is cased by Snitz or the DISPLAY.ASP. I think it's your Internet Explorer that is doing something. Or maybe even IIS.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  09:24:47  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't beleive this is cased by Snitz or the DISPLAY.ASP. I think it's your Internet Explorer that is doing something. Or maybe even IIS.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst

Could u maybe cutīn paste your implementation of the second code of the readme file included? - or maybe even update the readme with a Huwrized section?

MPH73

;o) Pleaseee....?

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2001 :  03:08:58  Show Profile
The current ZIP file doesnīt seem to include
DisplayMAX and MESSAGEMAX...is that on purpose?...could u post a version that does include these two elements?

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  12:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi Erik,

I'm having a strange problem when setting the Display Mode to 1...

I'm using Visual InterDewv and when I step through the code and it gets to this statement:
<%			case 1
Call GetFirst(rs("TOPIC_ID"), DisplayMode, MessageMax)
%> <tr>

...then the SQL statement gets formed properly in the GetFirst sub HOWEVER, as soon as the recordset within that same sub is created here:
	set rs = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

...then the fTopicID object is destroyed and I get an exception when this line is run just a little later in the code:
	strSql = strSql & " WHERE (" & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.TOPIC_ID = " & fTopicID & ");"

When I put a "watch" on fTopicID, it changes to 'Object is no longer valid' as soon as the "set rs = my_Conn.Execute " statement is executed. In the first place, I don't know why fTopicID is being destroyed -- it is still within the same Sub.

Do you know what is going on?

I appreciate any direction you can give me.... BTW the mod seems to work in other display modes. I'm running a heavily modified sr2 forum.

Cheers!

Rob

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 12 March 2001 12:36:17

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 12 March 2001 12:37:18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07