Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

kcomphlint
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  10:16:15  Show Profile  Visit kcomphlint's Homepage  Send kcomphlint an AOL message  Send kcomphlint an ICQ Message
here is the problem i am having with this Content Mod.

i have downloaded and installed version 3 SR4. when i open the post.asp file, i can find and replace the first snippet of code (approx. line 344), but i do not see the second code (lines inserted End) anywhere in the file.

i can tell from the code that it has something to do with the ordering of topics, but i just don;t have it in my post.asp file.

is there another mod that has to be installed to add that code before this one can be installed?

thanks.

j e r e m y | f l i n t
kiNETic communications
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  02:25:42  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
ey conservative!?

hej!

I like your menu... may I copy the source code!? It looks great!

cheers
/CHEETAH
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  06:23:13  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

ey conservative!?

hej!

cheers
/CHEETAH

sorry... I dont want it any longer! I just came home to my macintosh, and I discovered that your menu didnt work in any of the two browsers for Macintosh, Internet Explorer 5.0 and Netscape Navigator 4.5 (not the newest... but usually used). I want my homepage to be more compatible. Sorry...
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  07:13:06  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

quote:

ey conservative!?

hej!

cheers
/CHEETAH

sorry... I dont want it any longer! I just came home to my macintosh, and I discovered that your menu didnt work in any of the two browsers for Macintosh, Internet Explorer 5.0 and Netscape Navigator 4.5 (not the newest... but usually used). I want my homepage to be more compatible. Sorry...

Hi,
A little of topic, but that's ok with me. I know it got problems with serveral versions on IE as well as NS4x. But until I find a better solution, then I'm not going to change it. Maybe you let me know if you find a more compatible?

Erik

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  07:16:57  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

here is the problem i am having with this Content Mod.
is there another mod that has to be installed to add that code before this one can be installed?

Yes I think so. Check this http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=966&FORUM_ID=25&CAT_ID=17&Topic_Title=Sorting Forums and Categories&Forum_Title=MOD Add%2DOn Forum %28W%2FCode%29.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  14:06:01  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
how do i look a forum so only admin or moderators can post in it ?

Go to Top of Page

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  14:24:22  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
can ya add a "more" a href when ya set the MessageMax for people to read the whole article ?

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2001 :  09:37:19  Show Profile
quote:

Why do you want to make it "nothing like the community of snitz forums"?

I actually think that the fact that it's part of Snitz is one of it's strength. Not only do you only need one database, one user tabel, one admin-interface, one way to enter data. I my organization many of the members and editors does not know computers too much. Even signing up as a Snitz member is a big thing for them. So to have them work with both Snitz and another database publishing/content management interface would not be very good. It would require a lot of training.

Now I just need to train them in using the forum.

Well, the editors will use snitz. I just want the output to be different in style so that the visitors will not think that all I get is one forum. :-) And cause it's nothing related to the community forum, i would like it to be seperated.

btw, I've downloaded the zipped file again, but still haven't found the new functions in it.
and I remember DisplayMax was in another zipped file that was not published by you?
Is the link updated? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2001 :  10:21:07  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

how do i look a forum so only admin or moderators can post in it ?

You need the allowed users Mod from these pages.
I don't have link right now.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2001 :  10:24:39  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Well, the editors will use snitz. I just want the output to be different in style so that the visitors will not think that all I get is one forum. :-) And cause it's nothing related to the community forum, i would like it to be seperated.

Ok then I'm with you. That's actually what I want it to evolve into, and it's more or less how we use it today.

quote:
btw, I've downloaded the zipped file again, but still haven't found the new functions in it.
and I remember DisplayMax was in another zipped file that was not published by you?
Is the link updated? Thanks.

Both the DisplayMax (Maximum number of topics to display) and MessageMax (Maximum number of chars in Message) are include and have been since 2/8.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

eernstbmi

Denmark
113 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2001 :  10:26:58  Show Profile  Visit eernstbmi's Homepage  Send eernstbmi an ICQ Message  Send eernstbmi a Yahoo! Message
quote:

can ya add a "more" a href when ya set the MessageMax for people to read the whole article ?

I'm planning to add a "Read more" where you can select either to go into the Snitz forum or to another page - that you also make with the DISPLAY.ASP.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst
Go to Top of Page

Thor Magnusson
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2001 :  23:36:10  Show Profile
I am interested in using your content manager for our peace web forum (www.peace2000.org). I´m also considering using the www.eastpasco.com version of Snitz Forums, because it already has many mods we need incorporated. Could we use your content management system as is with the eastpasco version of the forum or do we need to do any modifications to use it?
Where is the latest download code for your content management system?

Edited by - Thor Magnusson on 17 February 2001 23:39:26
Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2001 :  03:23:03  Show Profile
quote:

I am interested in using your content manager for our peace web forum (www.peace2000.org). I´m also considering using the www.eastpasco.com version of Snitz Forums, because it already has many mods we need incorporated. Could we use your content management system as is with the eastpasco version of the forum or do we need to do any modifications to use it?
Where is the latest download code for your content management system?

Edited by - Thor Magnusson on 17 February 2001 23:39:26

As a matter of fact I use it with the eastpasco version of snitz. If you want to look check out www.wyrmbane.com" target="_blank">http://www.wyrmbane.com I am still doing some upgrades on the site so it is not finished (who's site ever is) but it does work just the same.

Dewyatt

Go to Top of Page

klunde
Starting Member

Norway
26 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  07:59:39  Show Profile
quote:

I will start looking if I get see anything wrong, but I've never tried it with MYSQL.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst

Well, I'm been looking into it a little bit and I found that there is something wrong with the code for MySQL. The sql statement is missing the last parameter. Here is what the sql statement is right before line 84 (set rsCount = my_Conn.Execute(strSql2)):

SELECT COUNT(FORUM_TOPICS.TOPIC_ID) AS PAGECOUNT FROM FORUM_TOPICS WHERE FORUM_TOPICS.TOPIC_ID > 0 AND FORUM_TOPICS.FORUM_ID =

Any idea on how I can change the code?

--
Morten

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  16:00:38  Show Profile
I use Huwr´s brandnew SR4 release ... will this mod work with that? - anyone tried it out yet?

MPH :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07