New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  01:38:01  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Downloaded the db and ran a compact & repair which found no errors. I uploaded it and I still can't get to the Check Installation page.
Go to Top of Page

JohnSherwood
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  05:20:17  Show Profile
Hi there,

I've installed v0.7.1 and the banning etc seems to work fine although I have a couple of annoying problems which I'm stuggling to sort out as I'm far from being an expert in asp.

The first occurs when tryign to clear the log - clicking on the 'clean' link results in the following error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E14)
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '*'.
/Forum/admin_ipgate.asp, line 423

The second occurs when trying to delete an IP address from the list of banned/watched address - clicking on the 'del' link results in the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E14)
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '*'.
/Forum/admin_ipgate.asp, line 400

As you can see they are pretty much the same error so fixing one should fix the other.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction???

Cheers

John
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  08:02:38  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
As you can see they are pretty much the same error so fixing one should fix the other.

Maybe, but the syntax is slightly different for each. Add in the line: response.write strsql right before these errors and post the results.
Go to Top of Page

JohnSherwood
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  09:20:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by alex042

quote:

Maybe, but the syntax is slightly different for each. Add in the line: response.write strsql right before these errors and post the results.

Doh!! I'm having a bit of a no-brainer today. The error message says exactly what the problem is - the SQL statement was reading DELETE * from when it should have just read DELETE from...

Only question remaining is exactly how does the clean function work - clicking the link doesn't actually seem to delete anything so guess thaere must be a parameter somewhere it refers to...

Cheers

John
Go to Top of Page

goju

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  18:16:42  Show Profile  Visit goju's Homepage
sorry havent been able to get on for a bit.
Added the config (will double check), check installation worked, changes do not stick.
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  21:50:47  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Only question remaining is exactly how does the clean function work - clicking the link doesn't actually seem to delete anything so guess thaere must be a parameter somewhere it refers to...

Cleaning out the log should delete any log entries older than the expiration date you've specified.
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  23:54:22  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Alex, any joy with my config file?
Regards
Stephen
Go to Top of Page

goju

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  13:15:01  Show Profile  Visit goju's Homepage
Found it, the transfer must have messed up the last time i tried to upload the file .
Go to Top of Page

CJones
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  15:35:38  Show Profile
Well, I installed the dbs (tables were entered), I ran check installation, now I'm trying to find these comments for admin and inc... where exactly are they?? I am using 3.4.03, any help would greatly be appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  20:55:07  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Well I tried putting up my old config file prior to IPGate modification but I still get the exact same error when I go to Check Installation. Anyone got any ideas? I've also tried taking the IPGate include out of inc_header and only in default.asp and login.asp.
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  01:22:57  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I've also tried taking the IPGate include out of inc_header and only in default.asp and login.asp.

You had the include in inc_header, default, and login? You shouldn't need it in all of them. I believe inc_header is in all of them so you should only need it in that file if you want to cover the entire forum.

Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  01:27:09  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
now I'm trying to find these comments for admin and inc... where exactly are they??

There are sections noted in some of the files, but you should be able to install it without making changes. These sections are if you want to customize certain variables like your redirect page names.

Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  01:36:05  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
I originally had the include in inc_header only. I've taken it out and put it on default and login only.
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  03:59:25  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Fixed, working great now!!
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  08:11:45  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Fixed, working great now!!

What did you do to get it to work?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07