New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2002 :  20:46:44  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Basically, uploaded all forum files again. I think inc_createforum_mysql and inc_createforum_mssql were not current for some reason. When I upgraded to v3.4.3 I found that some of the files did not upload correctly (problem with my FTP).

Great Mod!
Go to Top of Page

Mikael
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2002 :  05:53:24  Show Profile
Downloaded 0.7.1 and followed the instructions. Did not uncomment anything and get following error trying to access admin_ipgate.asp

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

/config.asp, line 42

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2002 :  14:04:57  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
I couldn't go to lunch without installing v0.8.0.

Line 52 in admin_ipgate.asp and line 45 in pop_ipgate_help.asp should be changed to:
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->

- Kevin

Edited by - kwhipp on 22 October 2002 14:16:00
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2002 :  14:18:12  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Line 52 in admin_ipgate.asp should be changed to:
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->

oOps, I forgot to change VIRTUAL to FILE for that include. It's also in pop_ipgate_help.asp and ipgate_test.asp. I've also fixed the IP range to allow a wider range. (admin_ipgate.asp, Lines 207 & 330, change 3 to 2) I've updated the v0.8.0 zip file.

Edited by - alex042 on 22 October 2002 15:16:08
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2002 :  17:50:17  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
How do I use "Page Key"? Do I have to add something to the pages on the forum? What do I have to enter on the IP Admin page?

Alex this MOD is just what the doctor ordered! Thanks.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2002 :  22:10:45  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
How do I use "Page Key"? Do I have to add something to the pages on the forum? What do I have to enter on the IP Admin page?

This is something I haven't tested yet, but in theory, you should be able to define a value for the pagekey in the page you want to lock and IPGate should compare the value on the page to the pagekey value in the database record to determine if that specific member or IP has access to that page.

So, on the locked page, you'd define pagekey="password" and in the database, you'd create a record with either watched or special access rights and a matching pagekey value to the page you want to allow access to. This is kind of similar to accessing forum admin pages but with individual page values so maybe some admins only have access to certain admin pages.

For example, you have a mixed intranet/internet server and you want some pages to only be available locally so you define pagekeys of "intranet" and an IP range of 192.1.1 to cover 192.1.1.1 to 192.1.1.255 and then maybe setting them as watched status to maintain logging. Someone trying to access those pages from an outside IP should be redirected or alerted.

This feature may require some testing to determine the best method to get this to work exactly the way I want it to. The value on the page may have to be before the include but if that include is in the header, the page value may not be checked. This may have to be changed to something else like a page name and path in the database and the code may have to be changed slightly.

Edited by - alex042 on 22 October 2002 22:19:05
Go to Top of Page

Mikael
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2002 :  03:56:11  Show Profile
Has this MOD been tested or is someone running it with SQL-server?

It's a simple install, tables etc are created successfully and check installation works fine without problems but I still get this error when I try to access admin_ipgate.asp

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

/config.asp, line 42

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

I tryed to access the ipgate_test.asp and get following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

'instr' is not a recognized function name.

/inc_ipgate.asp, line 116

ps
Above is with version 0.8.0 BETA

Go to Top of Page

cyclingdude

68 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2002 :  11:39:24  Show Profile
Mikael..

I have been using version 0.7.01 successfully since it was release. Last night I tried to upgrade to the 0.8.0 version and experience the very same problem! I included "inc_ipgate.asp" in the inc_header - around line 235 or so, as instructed, but I get that same "/inc_ipgate.asp, line 116" error.

I tried everything.. even a clean install of the mod. I deleted all my IP tables and log from the database and the variables from my forum...

No luck. Anyone else got this version working?

EDIT: By the way, I'm using MS Access 2000 db.. not SQL.

Edited by - cyclingdude on 23 October 2002 11:41:22
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2002 :  12:53:36  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
Version: 0.8.0
Database: MS Access
"inc_ipgate.asp" included around line 235 of inc_header.asp

When I try to logoff, I get the following error.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10' 

No value given for one or more required parameters. 

/forum/inc_ipgate.asp, line 160 

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2002 :  15:31:54  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
I changed quite a few things between the versions and it looks like I missed some things.

inc_ipgate.asp

line 113:

StrSql = StrSql & ") AND ('" & userdate & "' >= IPLIST_STARTDATE"

line 157:

StrSql = StrSql & ") AND ('" & userdate & "' >= IPLIST_STARTDATE"

line 167:

if (StrIPGateCok <> 0 & Request.Cookies("IPGate") = 1) then 'check for banned user cookie

The include may also have to be moved down farther, maybe around where the group categories are after all of the login information.

Edited by - alex042 on 23 October 2002 15:50:03
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2002 :  09:10:17  Show Profile
I've just overwrote 7.1 with 8.0 and found a few errors, one shown above, the date and another is in the same sql statement which has InStr in the sql?? InStr is a vb function, not sql.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Rob.B

Netherlands
93 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2002 :  17:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Rob.B's Homepage
Is this mod compatible with MySQL??

I got this error message

quote:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/forum/inc_ipgate.asp, line 166

The line in the inc_ipgate.asp is

quote:

if (StrIPGateCok <> 0 and Request.Cookies("IPGate") = 1) then 'check for banned user cookie

Does anybody know whats wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Eric915
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2002 :  15:02:54  Show Profile
Anyone have a fix for this error?

quote:

/ac2/forum/inc_ipgate.asp, line 116
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2002 :  08:17:47  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:

/ac2/forum/inc_ipgate.asp, line 116

You can temporarily bypass this error by commenting out a couple of lines, lines 111 and 155 in inc_ipgate.asp, that contain 'instr'. Just change the beginning of those lines from StrSql to 'StrSql.

quote:
if (StrIPGateCok <> 0 and Request.Cookies("IPGate") = 1) then 'check for banned user cookie

Try changing =1 to <>null and see if that works. Let me know because if this works, it may require some logic change elsewhere.

quote:
I've just overwrote 7.1 with 8.0 and found a few errors, one shown above, the date and another is in the same sql statement which has InStr in the sql?? InStr is a vb function, not sql.

Are there more errors? Solutions? Will assigning this as a variable before the sql statement correct this?

Once I get my server situation resolved, I can post some updated files.

Edited by - alex042 on 30 October 2002 08:26:14
Go to Top of Page

Eric915
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2002 :  13:16:00  Show Profile
k will try it. And ty for the response.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07