New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  14:04:29  Show Profile
I have installed the latest version (v0.7.1) and was trying out some functions...

The Banning worked fine...

But the logging gave me some troubles... I'm not good at asp (yet), so I couldn't solve the problem.

I get an error on line 140 in the inc_ipgate.asp file, and because of it, I can't even get inside my forum now! no command seems to work anymore, and I constantly get that error.

- I happened when I sat the function to log ALL IP's...

Please... do help?
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  15:36:31  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I get an error on line 140 in the inc_ipgate.asp file

What exactly is the error you're getting?

Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  15:37:45  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I installed Final Version Of IPGATE for 3.4.x , but getting error ..

What's the error you're getting?

Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  15:53:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by alex042

quote:
I get an error on line 140 in the inc_ipgate.asp file

What exactly is the error you're getting?

I'm not sure... But my forum went beserk right when I enabled the "Log All" function... and it said something like error in line 104 in the inc_ipgate file...
Regardless what I did, I always got that message with the error... I couldn't even go back in the admin functions and turn it off!

- I have the Snitz 3.4.01 version installed...
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  16:29:11  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
when I enabled the "Log All" function... and it said something like error in line 104 in the inc_ipgate file...
Regardless what I did, I always got that message with the error... I couldn't even go back in the admin functions and turn it off!

Copy and paste the error here.

Btw, if you temporarily remove the include from inc_header.asp, you should be able to log into the admin panel to change the settings.

Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  16:49:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by alex042

quote:
when I enabled the "Log All" function... and it said something like error in line 104 in the inc_ipgate file...

Copy and paste the error here.

Btw, if you temporarily remove the include from inc_header.asp, you should be able to log into the admin panel to change the settings.

Yes well... But the problem is, that I've removed it now. I uploaded a recent database and now I have to add the mod again. Only problem is; I cant!

Something weirds happened, and I can't login with my Forum admin anylonger, and so I can't add mods!!!
- I have another admin user though, but that doesn't help me so much here...

Wny ideas?

Do the situation is now the following:

I have the modified files, for this Mod, but not currently uploaded. Now I do want to upload them, but when I can't use the "Install new Mod" function, it doesn't really help me.

So what am I supposed to do now...?

btw, because I've replaced the modified files with the old ones, I don't get the error anymore (but that also means that I'm not using the Mod any longer)... But If you want, I'll upload the modified files and give you the exact error...?
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  18:05:41  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Yes well... But the problem is, that I've removed it now. I uploaded a recent database and now I have to add the mod again. Only problem is; I cant!

Why not? If you've completely removed all traces of the MOD, you should be able to add it again. If you've banned yourself with cookies, you should also remove the cookie from your computer or you might have problems.

quote:
I have the modified files, for this Mod, but not currently uploaded. Now I do want to upload them, but when I can't use the "Install new Mod" function, it doesn't really help me. So what am I supposed to do now...?

'Install New Mod'? You mean the alternative MOD setup in the admin menu? You need to upload the files also. The alternative MOD setup just sets up the database.

quote:
btw, because I've replaced the modified files with the old ones, I don't get the error anymore (but that also means that I'm not using the Mod any longer)... But If you want, I'll upload the modified files and give you the exact error...?

An exact error would help, but you'll need to make sure you have all the required files installed including using the database with the IP tables.

Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  17:59:33  Show Profile
quote:

Why not? If you've completely removed all traces of the MOD, you should be able to add it again. If you've banned yourself with cookies, you should also remove the cookie from your computer or you might have problems.

No... That's not it! It's not a result of a banning... It's someting to do with the database. But no matter... I'll take care of that.

quote:

'Install New Mod'? You mean the alternative MOD setup in the admin menu? You need to upload the files also. The alternative MOD setup just sets up the database.

Just meant to say, that I can't update the database, couse I couldn't login with the Forum Admin! Thereby, not having access to the Mods section... Get it?

quote:

An exact error would help, but you'll need to make sure you have all the required files installed including using the database with the IP tables.

I'll come with it later... Not much time... hope you can spare some time then, and help me out with it...

Regards
- Raziel
Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  04:15:57  Show Profile
Okay...

Now I've re-installed the MOD and it seems to be working fine. But is it supposed to NOT log the forum admin?

Banning works like a charm... that's nice work. However, the logging... I'm not to sure.
Go to Top of Page

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  09:06:40  Show Profile
This is very strange-I had to add tables manually for this MOD, but after that I installed ActiveUsers MOD with no problem with creating tables through MOD Setup option. Strange...
Go to Top of Page

CodeName

296 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  09:14:16  Show Profile
So Mod is not logging Moderators and Forum Admins ?
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  09:34:00  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Now I've re-installed the MOD and it seems to be working fine. But is it supposed to NOT log the forum admin?

If 'All IPs' is ON then it should log everyone including admins and moderators. If 'All IPs' is OFF then it should only log the IPs in the IP list so if the admins or moderators weren't in the IP list, it shouldn't log them.

Edited by - alex042 on 23 September 2002 09:38:07
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  09:37:23  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
This is very strange-I had to add tables manually for this MOD, but after that I installed ActiveUsers MOD with no problem with creating tables through MOD Setup option. Strange...

What database and connection string are you using?
Go to Top of Page

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  10:40:06  Show Profile
I use DSN connection to Access2000 database. It works fine for everything else.
Anyway-I've run into another problem.
Logging IPs does not seem to be working. The Log IP option is turned on and All option is on, expiration is 15 days.
I am suppose to see all logged IPs when I click on Log Administration heading just above Log Configurations?
SamSpade's site does not seem to work either
Go to Top of Page

CodeName

296 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  11:21:41  Show Profile
Mod is working Great but I saw something .. When I added the files and checking the forum , I saw the Title "Net IPGate Include" on default.asp After I checked the files and I saw it at inc_ipgate.asp and I removed it .. And its working ..

I said this for Ýf somebody will see this problem , He or She can fix it so

Thanks for This Mod alex042..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07