Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  07:50:53  Show Profile
I've downloaded the new updated version. rs. issue is solved.
But the tables still not created. I am using DSN connection-maybe it's permissions for the .mdb file I need to look at?
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  08:16:00  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
No, the new tables are not there. I looked after I posted my question here. I tried to copy the script from the dbs_ipgate file and go through "alternative" setup MOD, but it didn't work either.

What is giving you any kind of error or have any messages?

quote:
I am using DSN connection-maybe it's permissions for the .mdb file I need to look at?

If your host set up the DSN, it seems like they would make sure the database was in a writeable directory, but maybe they didn't. Can you update data in the database from the website? i.e. add/change topics/members.

If you have access to the database, you could manually add the tables. The table fields are listed in the dbs file. There are two new tables with the forum prefix, iplist and iplog. There are also some values inserted into the config_new table.

Verify that the database is writeable first. Then try the alternative MOD setup which should list the setup in the dropdown and should create the tables. If nothing else works, try manually inserting the information.
Go to Top of Page

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  08:48:58  Show Profile
Yes, I can add members and post.
When I run MOD setup from Admin Options I don't get any error messages. It tells me that the tables already exist, that dbs file can not be deleted, and then it goes back to MOD setup with the same thing in the textbox-the name of this MOD.
Same thing happens when I tried alternative way. No error messages.
I guess I can add it manually, but it should work and I wish I could figure it out
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  09:27:33  Show Profile
When you use a DSN, It's usually the same as using the ODBC driver for Access. the ODBC driver for Access does not support setting default values for fields in a table. So, if the dbs script is trying to set a default value, it's not going to create the table/fields. (the error that the table already exists isn't really correct, it doesn't exist, not sure why it returns that error)
Go to Top of Page

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  09:56:19  Show Profile
I don't think it's trying to set a default value.
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  11:32:00  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
Actually, it inserts default values into config_new. You can remove these defaults in the dbs file and try it. Just remove the ",'1' ,'0'", etc. Or you can just remove the 'insert' section. If you remove the entire insert section, you'll have to manually add the variables into config_new.

Edited by - alex042 on 20 September 2002 11:36:26
Go to Top of Page

hkch1
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  13:37:24  Show Profile
I did that-altered dbs file and took out the changes it was suppose to make to config.asp. Still no result-no tables
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  14:12:53  Show Profile
Have you tried using a DSN-less connection?
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  20:33:00  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
If I have a range of IP's on "watch" - and the administrator IP falls in this range - should I find records of admin in the log - or does it extract the admin IP automatically.

also, am I typing them in correct, say I want to ban everything (FOR EXAMPLE ONLY) that started with a 144. would I type in 144.000.000.000 to 144.999.999.999 ???

and is the date fields US dates and what format - does it matter
i.e. 20/09/02 09/20/02 20/9/02 9/20/02 20/9/2002 20/09/2002

thanks anyone......

brujo
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  21:05:38  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
Brujo, many of the features you've mentioned haven't been implemented as of yet. Note the * beside certain fields in the post description and in the admin menu. It looks like you do have the idea of where the MOD should be when it's finished.

Currently, it's setup for individual IP's entered into the 'start IP'. The range or timeframe hasn't been setup yet although ban cookies are set to expire after 30 days.

Go to Top of Page

cyclingdude

68 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  23:12:12  Show Profile
Oh no.. I didn't know about that 30 day thing. So after a month or so, banned members can create new accounts?

Bummer..
Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  23:30:12  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
Alex,

Apologies - I must have not read it properly.

As the MOD progresses to encompass these features - will I / we be able just to upgrade what we have got so far - or will it be a case of de-installing the MOD and starting over again ?

By the way - it looks like it will be a great addition - and exactly what I was looking for.

Will there be an option to set the Timer for Cookie expiration ??

And - have I read it correct this time in as much that - if I want to ban an IP now - before the MOD is finished - I can put the relevant IP in the start IP field - and this will ban their IP and - if I choose - will put a cookie on their system.

Thanks in advance.

and Good Work !!
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  23:53:31  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
As the MOD progresses to encompass these features - will I / we be able just to upgrade what we have got so far - or will it be a case of de-installing the MOD and starting over again ?

I expect an upgrade may require another install, but you should be able to install over the previous version. I was trying to avoid database changes so upgrades would be easy, but some new features may require this.

quote:
Will there be an option to set the Timer for Cookie expiration ??

This could be something that could be added. Once the cookie is set on the members computer though, it will expire based on what the expiration was set at when the cookie was set.

quote:
And - have I read it correct this time in as much that - if I want to ban an IP now - before the MOD is finished - I can put the relevant IP in the start IP field - and this will ban their IP and - if I choose - will put a cookie on their system.

Right, those basic functions should work. The banned system can either be sent to a blank page with your alert message or redirected to a custom page. If cookies are on, cookies are placed only on the banned systems, but not watched or special access systems.

Go to Top of Page

brujo
Average Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  03:17:31  Show Profile  Visit brujo's Homepage
Thanks Alex !!

All Understood
Go to Top of Page

CodeName

296 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  04:54:55  Show Profile
I installed Final Version Of IPGATE for 3.4.x , but getting error ..

Can you tell How To Ýnstall IPGATE Step By Step ? Like Active Users README
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07