Extend Private Messaging ???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yves
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  18:01:42  Show Profile
Is there any posibility to see as admin all posts exchanged? I have the impression the Private Messaging MOD on my board is bringing the number of posts down, and is killing the openness a board is made for.

I'd appreciate if admin_pmmaint.asp would show a full list of read and unread messages and the senders/recipients, as well as a total of messages sent by member. Any simple lines of code I could add?

Thanx for your help!

Edited by - yves on 22 August 2002 06:15:10

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  18:38:48  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Showing unread/read messages would be an easy add-on but a list of all members that have sent PMs and the number would be much harder. If you have the PM Pager installed certain members chatting on that might have outrageous numbers of PMs and that would be great. I think your fear about PMs bringing the number of posts down is unwarranted. Some things are best left out of the public view and should be left to private communication.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

yves
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  06:14:00  Show Profile
Just a proposal for the PM MOD:

Instead of showing a full memberlist, how difficult wuld it be to already sort out those members that do not like to receive PM's?
Now one goes through all effort of writing to read after SEND that the user doesn't want private messages.

It however is a great MOD, a nice addition.

ps, using AU401 on 3303. Installing PM Pager this afternoon
Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  14:28:24  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
I happen to think that if you made it known that PM's were openly available to Admin Staff, people would stop using them, because by definition they are no longer private.

If you did it without telling your members, and they find out, you will get one helluva flame about it.

Regards,

Stuart
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07