MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Profile adjustment?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ssnapier

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  20:12:41  Show Profile  Visit ssnapier's Homepage  Send ssnapier an AOL message  Send ssnapier an ICQ Message  Send ssnapier a Yahoo! Message
I want to be able to have my members list what type of car they have. If I wanted to change say the cool links to a car entry what would I need to change.

Also what would I need to do in order to just ADD something to the profile, and do either of these involve changes to the database? I am a serious ASP rookie, so be gentle!!

If freedom were shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it.

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  20:36:07  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
If you really don't want Cool Links it would be super easy to look in inc_profile.asp and pop_profile.asp and do a search/replace for Cool Links and substitute the word "Car" but if you wanted to do more with it you would be better off adding a new variable and field so you could add it to the member pages and search for member cars if you wanted.

@tomic

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

ssnapier

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  21:11:51  Show Profile  Visit ssnapier's Homepage  Send ssnapier an AOL message  Send ssnapier an ICQ Message  Send ssnapier a Yahoo! Message
so if I added something new would it require any database changes... like I said I am a serious rookie here!!

If freedom were shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2002 :  21:58:36  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Yes, but only 1 new field if, say, you wanted just "car" you could add a field to the members table that is either text or char with a size of maybe 50 and set to allow nulls or not required.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07