New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  11:37:10  Show Profile
I just noticed something stupid that might explain why I sometimes end up posting a reply or topic twice while I click the "post reply" or "post new topic" button only once:
ZoneAlarm has messed with the redirection of my browser, even with all "special features" turned off. Sometimes post_info.asp doesn't seem to load (I get an error message), at other times post.asp stays visible after "posting", sometimes post_info.asp redirects me to the topic and sometimes it redirects to itself resulting in an error. All these times except when I get sent back to the topic or forum.asp, I end up with double posts.

This brings one important question to mind: how can post_info.asp submit the same information twice without going to post.asp twice?

Roland

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  11:44:20  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
quote:

This brings one important question to mind: how can post_info.asp submit the same information twice without going to post.asp twice?

Well I don't know about that, but I'm also using ZoneAlarm and it doesn't do that with me. I do have all blocking features shut off.

-------------------------------------------------
Installation Guide | Do's and Dont's | MODs
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  12:15:45  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

because the form is on post.asp post_info just processes the request object and puts it in the db, so if you keep refreshing it will keep posting because the form request data is most likely in your zonealaem cache

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  12:33:30  Show Profile
there's a small js submit once. you can find it in the mod w or w/o. if you cannot find it here, go to dynamicdrive.com.

happy snitzing.

Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  12:49:32  Show Profile
quote:

there's a small js submit once. you can find it in the mod w or w/o. if you cannot find it here, go to dynamicdrive.com.

happy snitzing.

Uhh... that's not what I meant bjlt. My problem isn't with post.asp but post_info.asp.

Huw, I checked and ZA doesn't cache (I have that turned off together with all other special features), but I did have "script blocking" on in Norton Anti Virus. I didn't even know it had that function but it must've been downloaded during one of the "live update" sessions. Let's see if that has anything to do with it.

Roland

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07