Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  04:24:18  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

Could you post in the Help:MOD Implementation forum so I can help you from there? That way we can start a fresh new post without loading all these other postswhen replying.

Also it would help if you could help to show me what is on line 514. I presume it is something like this "my_Conn.Execute (strSql)". If it is, could you also post the SQL statement before that? Or if you know what you added in that SQL statement pertaining to the polls, you can just post that line.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Sure Davio! I show you from Line 508 - 520
############################### Poll Mod - 1 line ##############################
strSql = strSql & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer1, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count1, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer2, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count2, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer3, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count3, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer4, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count4, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer5, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count5, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer6, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count6, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer7, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count7, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.answer8, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.count8 "
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID = " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_AUTHOR "
strSql = strSql & " AND " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.TOPIC_ID = " & Request.QueryString("TOPIC_ID")

set rs = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

if rs.EOF or rs.BOF then '## No categories found in DB
Response.Write " <tr>" & vbCrLf
Response.Write " <td colspan=5>No Topics Found</td>" & vbCrLf
Response.Write " </tr>" & vbCrLf
else

Thanks a lot Davio!
Tomas

Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  11:06:32  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

Could you post in the Help:MOD Implementation forum so I can help you from there? That way we can start a fresh new post without loading all these other postswhen replying.

Also it would help if you could help to show me what is on line 514. I presume it is something like this "my_Conn.Execute (strSql)". If it is, could you also post the SQL statement before that? Or if you know what you added in that SQL statement pertaining to the polls, you can just post that line.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Well, I tok away all conections and ref to the Poll and ecerything worked just fine again!
Tomas

Go to Top of Page

Cygnus
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  00:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Cygnus's Homepage
Sweet. . . this works well.

I have one question though, is it posible to get the siggy to show benieth the poll choices?

Thx if you can help

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  00:29:42  Show Profile
You want your signature to appear below your poll?
It does that already.

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  06:06:50  Show Profile
First off, thanks for this great mod, I really love it, and have been looking for something like this for a while.

I have one suggestion and one question.

Suggestion for a future release:
Each line to have it's own color bar.

Question:
I have installed succesfully as per the instructions, and everything works great except for the fact that the message text does not display. I have looked in my table, and the message text is there, so it must post fine. Any reason why this would not show up on the poll topic? It's also blank when I try and edit the poll, even though the data is in the table.

Thanks
eDuck

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  06:18:51  Show Profile
I have just done a fresh install, with only this mod, and there definitly seems to be a problem with the topic message not being displayed. I have checked some of the other people's sites that have it working, and they don't seem to have the same problem. Maybe something got weird during an update. Can someone who has it working please send me the zip file for this to eddie.fourie@usa.net.

Thanks a lot
eDuck

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  20:27:05  Show Profile
You should post your questions in the Help: MOD Implementation forums next time.

You want to show me a link to your forum so I can see the problem?

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  20:32:16  Show Profile
Also did you download the poll mod from here:
http://www.dsilvera.com/forum/mods/snitz_polls.zip

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  21:45:50  Show Profile
Thanks Davio.

Will post message at right place. I have send you an e0mail. There is definitly something wrong with the post.asp page.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2001 :  09:03:44  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
I finally got everything going, so I'd like to thank Scott for this very cool mod and Davio for doing a lot of tech support!

Cheers guys!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

mdntblu

58 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  17:01:14  Show Profile
Does someone want to help me install this poll? I've tried and messed up a forum and had to revert back to my backup of it. Please email me if you can help. I'll just give you access to my server via FTP and I'll make a complete backup of my forum incase it doesn't work.

brad@everythingdsl.com

Thanks
Brad

Edited by - mdntblu on 27 March 2001 17:03:07
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  21:46:38  Show Profile
You should post your queries in the Help: Mod Implementation Forum.
No need for emailing just yet. Just tell me the problem you are having with installing the mod and what version forum you're using, the database and if you have other mods installed.

It would be better if you told me all that in a new post in the forum I mentioned above.

Go to Top of Page

mdntblu

58 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  21:59:45  Show Profile
OK I posted it in that mods topic you were talking about.

Thanks
Brad

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  23:21:49  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
this thing sounds like what i want implemented but i'm a newbie and can't set this up cause i like the way davio huwr and rick highligh what needs to be changed in the files. I'll have to wait a long while before i can add this.

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  00:30:56  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
tried to implement it everything went fine except screw ups on the page i must have put something wrong in so hopefully i'll lose my retardedness soon and in the near future be able to use this. This mod is exactly what i've been wanting to put on my forum.

Well i think i know how i screwed up, i have the ban ip mod in and a few others and some things are different from the files i got and don't know where to implement a few things.

Edited by - MisterVB on 28 March 2001 00:39:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07