Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

SniperDude
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2001 :  17:32:00  Show Profile  Visit SniperDude's Homepage  Send SniperDude an ICQ Message
Wow...

I was actually able to make it work...
http://www.nwcfonline.com/main/forum (Please note this site is brand new and under development) =) (Thanks Guys&gals for all your helps!- err messages! )

I took the 3.1Sr4 zip file from snitz forums and the zip file eve made.. put them all in a directory on the webserver and used the mod_dbsetup.asp that someone made.... and downloaded the images from the test site by Slemieux.... found a problem in the mod_dbsetup.asp script... that I corrected...
the lines that create these fields for the database...
FORUM_CONFIG
C_ADMINPOLLS
C_USERPOLLS
C_ACTIVEPOLL
are wrong they need to be integers the .asp script made them as text fields... after I manually changed the DB ... everything works...

-Tim
Thanks Again!

*Graphics Withheld for Adminstrative reasons*
-Tim
System Admin
Go to Top of Page

SniperDude
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2001 :  17:33:11  Show Profile  Visit SniperDude's Homepage  Send SniperDude an ICQ Message
sorry for the multipost... getting a error message .. and I dont know why it wont post.

*Graphics Withheld for Adminstrative reasons*
-Tim
System Admin
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2001 :  22:11:35  Show Profile
Ok, you guys, lets see if we can get this straighten out.

I have included the changes SniperDude and evehawk mentioned in the zip.

Now I figured out why you guys are getting the EOF/BOF error on the default page. We need to start over to setup this mod.

Files that have been updated/added:
poll_dbsetup.dbs
topic.asp
drop_poll.asp
readme.txt

Firstly, I have included a drop_poll.asp file in the zip. This file will delete the poll columns. Extract it to your forum folder and run it from your browser.

Secondly, run the Poll Database setup again. Go to mod_dbsetup.asp, select Slemmies Mod, click Update. It will re-add the columns.

Now that the database is setup, you need to go back to your forum, go into your admin options and click the "Check installation" link. That will re-load your session variables.

Go back to your forum and you shouldn't see the EOF/BOF error anymore.(If you did everything correctly.)

Remember that the polls you had before, won't be there after you have done these steps.

FIRST TIME INSTALLATION:
Extract all the files from the zip to your forum folder (or you can add the code manually).
Run the mod_dbsetup.asp file from your browser.
Select Slemmie's Poll and click Update.
Then go back to the forum and poll away.

Make sure you add a link from your admin_home.asp file to the admin_poll.asp file.

And that's it.(hopefully)

Now if anyone else post anymore errors here...

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Go to Top of Page

L_D
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2001 :  23:23:35  Show Profile
I'm still getting errors, unfortunately. Here's what they are:
drop_poll.asp
quote:
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS DROP answer1, count1, answer2, count2, answer3, count3, answer4, count4, answer5, count5, answer6, count6, answer7, count7, answer8, count8;

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] There is no field named 'count1' in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.

/j/jsp/forum/drop_poll.asp, line 10

mod_dbsetup.asp
quote:
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN answer1 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'answer1' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN count1 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN answer2 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'answer2' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN count2 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN answer3 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'answer3' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN count3 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN answer4 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'answer4' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN count4 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN answer5 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'answer5' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN count5 int NULL DEFAULT 0
(ect. It keept going on like that for a while)

Sorry for the length of the post, but I keep getting those errors. Can you please help?

Oh, could this have anything to do with me using SR4? Just wondering.

Go to Top of Page

evehawk

Australia
65 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  01:06:35  Show Profile  Send evehawk an ICQ Message
L_D go here and download the table editor program, it may help you to check your database.
http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/tableeditor.asp

If you want me to look at yourdatabase ICQ me

Edited by - evehawk on 13 January 2001 01:09:17
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  10:19:22  Show Profile
quote:

I've installed the mod per the instructions at http://209.35.175.12/snitz/polls.txt. The error with the featured topic appears to be fixed. However, I am still getting the error with the first message in each thread displaying a blank message. Any ideas?

HR

Hellrazor, this is an MS SQL server specific problem.

If you look at the SELECT statement in topic.asp in Sub GetFirst() make sure that "TOPICS.T_MESSAGE " is the very last field before the FROM.
You probably added something after it and that is what's causing the topic message to be blank.
Go to Top of Page

Dynamix

Germany
205 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  12:42:32  Show Profile
Is here anyone, woho has a complete mod of this feature for the 3.1 Final?

Go to Top of Page

HellRazor

59 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  16:38:38  Show Profile
Scott, one minor bugfix for the polls.txt at your site:

In default.asp, the line:

if not rsPoll.EOF or rsPoll.BOF

...was resulting in me still getting the error when "Display Featured Poll" was turned on, but no featured polls existed. But when I changed it to:

if not rsPoll.EOF or not rsPoll.BOF then

...it seemed to fix that problem.

Also, Davio, you should replace your default.asp mods with the ones from Scott's polls.txt file...and include the above fix...that will make your archive bug free, the one you have online still has the error described above and I noticed you haven't added the check in default.asp.

Thanks everyone for your help, finally got this working right!

HellRazor

Go to Top of Page

tathy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  17:10:23  Show Profile
thank you, it works for me at http://www.tathy.com/forum

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  18:05:13  Show Profile
HellRazer, the reason the EOF/BOF was occuring was the reason you said. The featured poll option is on by default, but there is no polls made yet.
What I did to fix it was set the featured poll option to off as default, so you would have to turn it on after you set it up.

But i will update the files to include your fix also. Thanks for pointing it out.

Go to Top of Page

HellRazor

59 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  18:34:45  Show Profile
No problem, thank YOU for putting together the archive, it made installing this alot easier!

HR

quote:

HellRazer, the reason the EOF/BOF was occuring was the reason you said. The featured poll option is on by default, but there is no polls made yet.
What I did to fix it was set the featured poll option to off as default, so you would have to turn it on after you set it up.

But i will update the files to include your fix also. Thanks for pointing it out.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2001 :  18:53:37  Show Profile
You're Welcome.

Zip files updated with the corrections slemieux changed in the polls.txt file.

Go to Top of Page

HellRazor

59 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2001 :  01:44:48  Show Profile
One other thing I noticed:

After installing the mod, all my new posts had "poll" next to the subject until I made the following changes to the 'answer1' field in FORUM_TOPICS:

Default Value: Null
Allow Zero Length: Yes

I'm using an Access 97 database, don't know if other databases have the same troubles.

-HR

Go to Top of Page

bpatti
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2001 :  11:57:56  Show Profile  Visit bpatti's Homepage
quote:
http://209.35.175.12/snitz/polls.txt

Uplaoding the demo now
http://209.35.175.12/snitz/

Once we make sure the documentation is 100% correct, I'll clean it up so it is easier to follow. There are a couple small things missing in editing polls. Right now, the only way to edit a poll is go to the topic and click the pencil. However this will be easy to fix.

I am upgrading my main forums tonight and if all is well tomorrow night, I'll zip up all my code for those that want it.

Any Takers to test this out??

Scott LeMieux

Scott,

Is there a full zipped version of the above mentioned forum that I can download?
I'm doing a new install and your forum seems to have everything!!!.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2001 :  12:31:52  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
How have you done:
1) the online users-thing
2) the poll
at http://209.35.175.12/snitz/ !? Just could you write down the exact way to do that!?

cheers
/CHEETAH
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07