DDos attack
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arne2

Denmark
51 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2002 :  03:12:04  Show Profile
After having been DDosed for 3 days with many millions of reloads and persons trying to become members to read about the effect of the attack, I assure you there is a need for being able to shut down for new members in an easy way. There is also a need to change the forum so that Guests see nothing, or at least do not in any way come in contact with the database so that this also make a strain on the site. The load here has been up to 2 gigs an hour and blew my isp off the internet for a while.

These two changes makes a very big difference. Hiding the forums for guests, stop for new members. And there should be an option to do this with just a click. I had to do it manually. And sitting there trying to click on Members Only for each and every forum is almost impossible when there are so much strain on the board. One can hardly get in contact with it unless shutting it totally down.

have a nice day
Arne

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2002 :  05:30:55  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
There is absolutely no need to post twice about the same subject. Also here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26944

This one can be locked.

-------------------------------------------------
Installation Guide | Do's and Dont's | MODs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07