Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Subscription question (aka I need flippin Mod)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rasyr

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  02:11:41  Show Profile
First of all,MAJOR THANKS to everybody who has helped me so far.

Snitz Forums are amazing! I originally downloaded the forums to play with on my machine (Win2k & IIS 5.0) and since then I have turned my machine into my own web server (although I still can't seem to find time to work on my own website), email server, and I am now hosting a forum for a friend of mine who is CEO of a roleplaying game company!

Thanks yo everybody here, I have learned how to use the forums, fixed a bug in the Members Only stuff, and I have even added a checkbox to the new post screens so folks can subscribe to topics as they post them.

Ahhh.... but an administator's job is never done... I have at least one forum member who wants to be able to receive the new posts directly rather than just a link to the relevant topic.

Does anybody know of (or has created) such a Mod? Personally, I would see this as subscriptions working normally, with a My Subscriptions page that allows them to select between notification, or an email with the full blown post.

I am not even sure that this is possible (although I think it is, but I am also thinking that it would be major work to setup, so I won't be heartbroken if there is not a Mod already like this - I am not planning on attampting to write anything for just one person....).

So, if you know of something like this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance....

**TANSTAAFL**

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  02:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
There have been plenty of people who requested this, but I dont think a mod was ever made.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
----------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07