Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  21:02:19  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Thanks a lot for your ideas!

I'm so glad I'm not alone

-------------------------------------------------
Installation Guide | Do's and Dont's | MODs
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  07:06:32  Show Profile
lol... well I'll be busy the rest of the day trying to make the mod (it'll be my first real mod too lmao).

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  11:03:09  Show Profile
Okay well I've got a major problem stopping me from finishing this MOD. I know why I've got this problem: I don't know enough ASP yet

Here's what I've got:
Profile can be edited to
Open Active Topics in - new window or - same window
Open Forum page links in - new window or - same window

That works. I have a dbs_ file that works and all that. But, now I have to get the preference from the database into active.asp and forum.asp and I can not find any code to which I can add the necessary fields (M_OPEN_ACTIVE for active.asp and M_OPEN_FORUM for forum.asp).
If anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be great as I'd really like to finish this today.

Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  17:22:38  Show Profile
Okay, scratch that last reply. I'll leave it there to remind myself how stupid I am... Anyway, I have a demo ready and online: http://www.frutzle.com/testsnitz/ you can log on with username/password : snitz/snitz to test it all. There are two choices as I've said in a previous reply: Active.asp on/off and Forum.asp on/off

All links to topics and post.asp open in a new window if turned on, except the topicpaging links and the forumpaging links. I should be able to add those if most of you think it's necessary, but I don't think it is.

Give me some feedback please.

I'll put everything together for ZIPping tomorrow around this time (that'll give you guys some time to give your opinions).

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  19:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Good work.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
----------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  19:19:15  Show Profile
Thanks

Anyone else want to make me feel good? lol

Go to Top of Page

Aaron S.
Average Member

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  21:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Aaron S.'s Homepage
Great job.

Although I still don't think this is a profile option (I think it should go on the specific page).

--Aaron

MySubs Email MOD
MOD to Smile Mgr
HotKeys MOD
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2002 :  22:11:08  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
good mod roland, i like the way you programed it hehehe

Brad
Web Hosting with SQL Server @ $24.95 per month
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2002 :  13:56:04  Show Profile
Yes Brad, you fixed the SQL stuff for me (I had it almost right though)... lol

Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2002 :  17:28:46  Show Profile
Okay, quick update: I'm not going to release this as a MOD just yet.
Reason: I don't have time to finish it right now (especially the readme file would take up a lot of time) and I have some things in mind that I want to do with it once version 3.4 is released.

Now if you're in desperate need of the MOD I'm willing to send the uncommented files (that'll include a DBS_ file) to you on the following conditions:
1- no support whatsoever
2- no releasing as a MOD
3- don't send the files to anyone else

The first one should be clear.
The second one is mostly because it's a "MOD in progress" and I don't want buggy versions distributed.
The third is almost the same as the second with the small exception that I don't want the files being sent to people who don't know what they're doing (no offence). That's also why I won't send the files to just anyone (again, no offence).

I know this might look like I'm trying to keep it all to myself, but I'd really rather work things out first and then make it into a better MOD for version 3.4
so unless you really really want the codes and know your way around ASP, don't mail me.

Oh, almost forgot, there are two versions right now (that's part of the reason I don't want them distributed):
1- cookies with a select box, one file to edit
2- settings can be made in profile, multiple files are to be edited (active.asp, register.asp, pop_profile.asp, inc_profile.asp, forum.asp and a DBS_ file has to be installed).

Please, I ask of you not to reply to this topic but only e-mail me and even that only if you really know what you're doing and want to take the chance....

Sorry guys & gals.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  10:03:23  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Great job.

Although I still don't think this is a profile option (I think it should go on the specific page).

Great MOD, Frutzle. I too only use active.asp. And it would be easier to click on an icon instead of right-clicking. Sweet job, I will be adding with 3.4 (the cookie method is way better than the the extra icon, imho)

But I agree with Aaron. I think this should be a specific page thing not a profile option. I'll be honest, It had been 4 or 5 months before I went to the profile page and haven't gone back since. The other thing is, this is highly useful in the active.asp page, like reloading every x minutes. But how useful is it on forum.asp? I hate going back and forth in active.asp but I don't do this in forum.asp, then again I barely go to forum.asp. unless I'm posting. But make the MOD, I don't have to add that part

Again, great idea.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07