MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Did two mini mods...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chief77

New Zealand
114 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  08:33:26  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
Okay.. I guess anyone would have thought of the two mini modifications that I made... (spend my whole Sunday afternoon on many things, but two of which I'm proud of *LOL* )

Anyway...

• First, it is my one-click smilies insertion table. This smilies table is situated on the left side of the posting form (in the same cell as the "Message: *HTML is OFF.....")

A demo is available at Planet Chief

• Second, it is my modification to my "Active.asp". It list all the active topics according to the "Last Post", with no separation of splitting them into different categories.

I guess the best way to describe is to show you the page... here is it.

I'll prepare the mod files soon... but I'm just a bit too tired now... And beside, I want to hear from you all on about this.

Cheers...

Kel.

Edited by - chief77 on 24 February 2002 08:39:18

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  09:57:40  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
quote:

• First, it is my one-click smilies insertion table. This smilies table is situated on the left side of the posting form (in the same cell as the "Message: *HTML is OFF.....")

A demo is available at Planet Chief

This is a nice one. Makes smilies insertion real easy. Really like it.

quote:

• Second, it is my modification to my "Active.asp". It list all the active topics according to the "Last Post", with no separation of splitting them into different categories.

I guess the best way to describe is to show you the page... here is it.

• Well, this one I don't like that much. It makes topic selection a bit confusing because people don't always use very descriptive topic titles. Category info allows you to better contextualize a given topic. Someone else may like it, though, just MVHO.

Congrats on your work.

Edited by - ruirib on 24 February 2002 09:58:27
    Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  14:03:48  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    Okay... One-Click Smilies Mod file is ready...... who want it??

here it is: http://www.planetchief.com/files/snitz_post.asp_smilies_mod.txt

it is a simple text file, tell me if it need rewritten for better instruction or anything. perhaps a better guideline on how to make a standard MOD file description.

Thanks

Kel.

Note: Changed the filename.

Edited by - chief77 on 24 February 2002 17:44:27
    Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
    Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
    4969 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  14:08:56  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
    Nice, I like both "Mini-MODs"!

Will you post the active.asp modifications too?

Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  15:51:02  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    OneWayMule

Sure... let me gather my work a bit... I'll come back here with the link later on...

Glad you like them... I'll crank my mind up for some other MODs soon... but so far, the mind is pretty empty for now.

Kel.

Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  17:46:56  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    Okay....

I've done the Active.asp MOD instruction.

Here are the instructions to both One-Click Smilies Insertion (for post.asp), and Active Topics Type II (active.asp);

http://www.planetchief.com/files/snitz_post.asp_smilies_mod.txt
    http://www.planetchief.com/files/snitz_active.asp_mod.txt

Cheers.

Kel.

Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
    General Help Moderator

New Zealand
    7528 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  18:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
    I like the smiles one Kel, its a goodn. Seems great minds think alike I just modded my active.asp on sunday also

Instead of combining into one table though I took the opposite route and split each forum up into its own table with a small break inbetween them.

http://www.eq-halo.com/forum/active.asp

www.daoc-halo.com
    Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2002 :  23:53:50  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    Thanks Gremlin

I learn from many great ASP masters. *LOL*

Kel.

Go to Top of Page

CooLGiL

126 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2002 :  07:45:18  Show Profile  Send CooLGiL an ICQ Message
    thanks chief you are my god

Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  02:34:59  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    ME? A god???? gosh.. never did thought about that... hehehe

Kel.

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
    Average Member

USA
    640 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  09:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
    I like the one click smiley insertion, but what if you have a lot of smiles? Is there a way to make this a scrollable area?

It might be similar to the topic review mod, check here for demo

I have the code for it here

----------------------------------------
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges
    Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
    Average Member

USA
    640 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2002 :  17:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
    I made the Smiley area scrollable, demo here

All i did was put this above the new table.

<div style="overflow:scroll;width:100%;height:120px;">

and this after the /table

</div>

I also removed the 4 vertical tables and rewrote it to one table with 5 colums and as many rows as were needed. It's easier to add new smiles that way.

Go to Top of Page

chief77

New Zealand
    114 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2002 :  17:24:37  Show Profile  Visit chief77's Homepage  Send chief77 an ICQ Message
    Very Cool Steve....

I didn't have Smilies Mod installed, but I pressume that someone with a stronger coding skill could perhaps enchance the "One-click Smilie insertion" and "Div-scroll" to make it check for all the smilies and build the smilies tables automatically, regardless of how many hundreds of smilies are installed.

Thanks for making a bit more enhancement. BTW, are you not going to make the DIV scroll bar automatic? (overflow:auto)?? I set mine to auto, just so if it needs to overflow, it will show up, else it is just a hidden.

Kel.

Go to Top of Page

Stinger
    Starting Member

USA
    41 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2002 :  23:48:06  Show Profile
    So... What is the final version of One-click Smiley Mod that I can download?

Stinger >:)
    Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
    Average Member

USA
    640 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  09:42:32  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
    quote:

Thanks for making a bit more enhancement. BTW, are you not going to make the DIV scroll bar automatic? (overflow:auto)?? I set mine to auto, just so if it needs to overflow, it will show up, else it is just a hidden.

For some reason I never checked back on this thread. I just changed my Div to Auto for both the Smileys and my Scrolling Topic Review area below the post. Much better. Thanks for the suggestion.

Go to Top of Page

Laygo MyEggo
    Starting Member

USA
    13 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  10:31:02  Show Profile
    Awsome! I set it up this morning and let me just say this is one sweet and easy to set up mini-mod!

-------------------------
    - LayGo My Eggo's -
    Go to Top of Page
      Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07