fido
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2002 :  22:34:55  Show Profile

Statistics Add-on to Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.1 SR4
Author: Fido
Version: Version 3.1 SR4 of the Snitz Forums
Ease of Installation: (1 - Really Hard, 10 - Very Easy): 10

I'm one of the few (actually there are probably a whole bunch) people who are still running a rather old version of Snitz Forums. I'm still using Version 3.1 SR4. I've been reluctant to upgrade, because I don't want to loose all the mods I have done to my forums. Eventually, probably when version 4.0 is officially released, I'll upgrade.

I've seen the Statistics Pages built into the HUR Mofified Forums, and really wanted to find something like this that would work with an older version like mine. So I did what any good coder would do - I took the code from HUR's, and modified so it would work in my older version (I hope this is ok ).

I searched through all the messages (including the archived ones) on this board to try to find it (as any lazy good-for-nothing person would) but all of the links to the source files are either missing, or corrupt. So I figured, what the heck, someone else might want this, so here you go.

1) Name of the MOD
Statistics Add-on to Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.1 SR4

2) Version of the MOD

3) Version(s) of Snitz Forums 2000 the MOD has been tested on
Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.1 SR4

4) Database(s) the MOD has been tested on
Access 2000

5) Name of the Author
Fido

6) E-mail of the Author
Fido@littlewhitedog.com

7) Download URL for the MOD
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/download_file.asp?download_file=downloads/stats_mod.zip

8) URL to a demo site for the MOD (optional)
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/forum/forum_stats.asp

9) Instructions on how to install the mod, what existing pages to change etc.
Just upload these files into your /FORUM/ directory and point your browser to FORUM_STATS.ASP

If this mod is too out-dated to be posted here, the admins are free to remove it

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  09:17:06  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
The statistics page you've seen at Huw's testsite is Aznknight's Statistics MOD (you can get it at www.calvsa.net/snitz/) and it works (actually was originally done for) with v3.1SR4.

-------------------------------------------------
Installation Guide | Do's and Dont's | MODs
Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  11:33:31  Show Profile
not so fast lol
this mod is over 3 months old really old and it was made for 3.1 im using 3.1 also and there was nothing wrong with it and someone else created it and its the same and there is nothing changed on it all you did was added a link to stats2.asp thats about it then all of a sudden its yours because of that?

Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  14:05:22  Show Profile
Does Aznknight's Statistics MOD mod work on 3.3 ? aways wanted to know a easy way to show a list of how many members there are and other info.

Answer yes and was not 2 had to hack to get it to work for 3.3

Edited by - SimonT on 26 February 2002 19:11:51
Go to Top of Page

avs

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2002 :  19:01:00  Show Profile
Simon, can you describe the hacks you're referring to? I'm interested in incorporating this as well.

Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2002 :  03:18:12  Show Profile
here is a copy of the file I use

http://www.flagball.co.uk/test/stats.txt

SimonT

I so wish I could code in ASP..
Go to Top of Page

avs

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2002 :  00:43:08  Show Profile
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  16:42:41  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm, yeah it's kinda odd, because the statistics mod I created was in fact desgin for 3.1sr4 (3.3 wasn't even out at the time) as some of you pointed out. It's still available on my old snitz resource site. In fact, all my mods were designed for 31sr4 which was a really stable version (besides the [ img ] hackable bug).

Please do not put your name on the hard work of others. If you're unsure of where or who made the mod, feel free to just post up a topic and ask. Also if you made a mod based on someone else mod, please give the original mod writer some credit as well. Just give credit were it's deserved.

- Alan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07