Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2002 :  05:10:41  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
http 500 is an error given by your browser, it does not indicate what the actual error is.

select Tools|Internet Options from your explorer menu, when the poup opens, select the advanced tab.
Now scroll down the list until you find 'Show freindly HTTP error messages' make sure that the box is NOT check for this option.

Now try again and tell us what the error is
Go to Top of Page

takeyourtime
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2002 :  09:37:35  Show Profile
Line 10 include/debugs.asp not found. I just removed it and it works. If you like me to have a link or send you an email with the line number etc, I'll be happy to do it for v3.4.03. Or maybe put out a link with modified v3.4.03.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2002 :  20:51:23  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by takeyourtime

Line 10 include/debugs.asp not found. I just removed it and it works. If you like me to have a link or send you an email with the line number etc, I'll be happy to do it for v3.4.03. Or maybe put out a link with modified v3.4.03.

Sorry, debug.asp is a collection of debugging routines I have collected. I generally find it easier to leave the includes in, rather than deleting and re-inserting them each time I want to dump a record or check the form and query variables. I also tend to forget to remove them when migrating the program to production

And the DoCount subroutine in register.asp is not meant to be changed. My line 638SH is between references to variable "AUHide" and "strEmailVal", which means the landmarks probably won't exist in non-ServerHacker version.

To use a different approach... on line 678SH I have
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_mail.asp" -->
Go up to the my_Conn.Execute statement preceeding it (about 40 lines), and insert the new code after that.

Hope that helps,
Don Burch

Edited by - donburch on 21 December 2002 21:16:04
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  08:15:49  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
hate to be a pain here, but i get this error when trying to register fakely on my local test site:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d' 
Type mismatch: 'getMemberID'
/snitz3402/register.asp, line 653

my lines in register.asp:
			my_Conn.Execute (strSql),,adCmdText + adExecuteNoRecords

if strUseUserFields = "1" then
				Call postUserFieldsInRegister(getMemberID(ChkString(Request.Form("Name"), "SQLString")))
			end if

if strEmail = "1" and strEmailVal = "1" then
				'Do Nothing
			else
				Call DoCount
			end if

regHomepage = ""

NOTE: i use a different variable to check whether the User Fields Mod is turned on/ is enabled.

cHosting.nl

Edited by - crash on 23 December 2002 09:15:11
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  12:59:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
my gues would be you are passing a null value to postUserFieldsInRegister
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  15:39:09  Show Profile
I don't see a memID used in those lines, but I see getMemberID... Do you have inc_func_secure.asp included in that file?

Stop the WAR!
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  16:06:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
memID is the parameter for the postUserFieldsInRegister(memID) function, which is whay it is complaining about memID, that is whay I am assuming that getMemberID(ChkString(Request.Form("Name"), "SQLString")) is NULL, so the function call itself is erroring because it is not being passsed a parameter
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  19:30:24  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
thanks for the replies guys. could you help me along by telling me how i can check whether it sends a null value?

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2002 :  04:08:46  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
do this

response.write getMemberID(ChkString(Request.Form("Name"), "SQLString"))
				response.end
				Call postUserFieldsInRegister(getMemberID(ChkString(Request.Form("Name"), "SQLString")))
			end if

It should display the memberid if it is working if it doesn't display anything, then the most likely casue is something wrong in your form definition maybe the name parameter is not being seen by the form
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2002 :  09:14:54  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
thanks Huwr, i tried that but it comes back with the same error as i posted earlier.

could you explain to me what you mean by "something wrong in your form definition maybe the name parameter is not being seen by the form"

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2002 :  09:50:09  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you have changed the error message you posted first time, what is the actual error you are getting, please try to be accurate
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2002 :  18:31:00  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
the error message above is correct. the one i first posted was incorrect. i'm sorry.

the thing is, i tried

end if

as well as

Call postUserFieldsInRegister(memID(ChkString(Request.Form("Name"), "SQLString")))
			end if

both result in the same error, in which either the word memID of getMemberID appears as being different.

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

randykirkpatrick

73 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  07:34:10  Show Profile  Send randykirkpatrick an AOL message  Send randykirkpatrick a Yahoo! Message
Where can I download this Mod I have looked in the mod with code and nothing. I have searched the site and nothing.

Thank you
Randy K
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  09:18:07  Show Profile
randykirkpatrick,

There is a download link on this page, 6 posts from the top of the page. This mod has not yet been officially released, so isn't in the Mod w/ Code forum.
Go to Top of Page

takeyourtime
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  19:20:34  Show Profile
Silly me. I thought it will work after fields are added. I stopped at this point and when I tested the registration page today, I got the same problem as posts earlier by crash. Anyone find out the resolution?

Edited by - takeyourtime on 27 December 2002 19:21:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07