Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

takeyourtime
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2002 :  20:42:39  Show Profile
It might have been easy for the experienced user who used User Field before. But it is extremely difficult for inexperienced and new users. Great MOD. Hope you find time to put it up.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  00:08:56  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

just haven't had time to sort it out as a seperate download, but as bozden says, it is fairly easy to extract from my code.
I can sort out a dbs file to do the db updates, should have one lying around somewhere.

If you have got a dbs file already, that would be most helpful; otherwise I'll reverse-engineer the file changes (not too dificult but time consuming) and make a dbs file (my first one )

Update: I have tried to locate the database file on magicmushroom, but the nearest I have got is http://www.magicmushroom.org.uk/dbsfiles/mod_createdbsetup.asp, from which I have extracted the FORUM_MEMBERFIELDS and FORUM_USERFIELDS create and alter commands.

I have found several references which were not delimited with remarks, and even one which does not seem to be used . I'm writing up all the changes as I make them, and will send it to you when I get it running for possible use in the readme. Since I'm using the ServerHacker version I expect some of my line numbers will differ from your version, and from standard Snitz.

Edited by - donburch on 07 December 2002 01:34:04
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  04:36:29  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
almost certainly they will be different, did you manage to get all the fields created for the db ?
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  04:37:13  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
if hit any probs, just drop me an email.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2002 :  00:42:46  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
I got it working on my development PC this morning. Looks good so far

There are 5 new files which contain most of the new code, and including a myupdate.asp instead of a dbs file.

There are 6 program files to be changed, and for these I am listing the changes (rather than including my new versions) in order to make it easier to install on other versions of Snitz. I will also need to try following my directions on plain Snitz 3.04.03 in order to check that all the existing code segments are there.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2002 :  07:53:54  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
donburch,
if you mail it me when it's ready, I will check it over to make sure there haven't been any newer fixes to the code.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  15:26:43  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
Hi Huw,
quote:

donburch,
if you mail it me when it's ready, I will check it over to make sure there haven't been any newer fixes to the code.

I sent an email via this board.

Unfortunately my web host is migrationg to IIS5 at the moment, and I am having troubles connecting to my site via FTP, so aren't able to give my changes a propper test yet.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  04:01:35  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
Huw, did you get my email and the file OK ?
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  14:06:35  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
I don't remember recieving it, but will check to make sure
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  16:47:55  Show Profile
I can give a hand if you need to, especially related to new added features...

Stop the WAR!
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  20:22:21  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:

I don't remember recieving it, but will check to make sure

Huw, I'm concerned (a) that if I publish a link to my file here, that other people will rush to implement it; and (b) that people will look to me for support.

I certainly don't want to take any credit for this - all I have done is to search for key phrases in your code, copy-and-paste into ServerHackers code, and write a readme file detailing all the changes. With my web host upgrade, I haven't had the opportunity to test it out thoroughly.

I do hope that you can use my readme to bring the "official" release of this mod sooner, because there seem to be a large number of people waiting for it.

Anyway, after my web host upgrade, the file is no longer at the URL I gave. Now at [ url removed to allow the code to be finalised before general release by HuwR ].

Note that this is only a beta. The readme.htm is quite detailed, listing all the code which I changed in the ServerHacker version. When I get a moment I will do the same exercise to get line numbers for plain Snitz 3.04.

Cheers,
Don Burch

Edited by - donburch on 28 December 2002 17:28:16
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2002 :  04:19:42  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Thats Ok, I will support it, so no need to panic , I just wanted to make sure there had been no other fixes since you downloaded the code, and no glaring mistakes in your read me.
Go to Top of Page

takeyourtime
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2002 :  08:38:08  Show Profile
Great job! I downloaded it and tried it on 3.4.03. There is a problem after click on New button and click on edit link to edit the newly added field. Popup windows shows internal server error 500. pop_admin_record.asp?utable=...
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2002 :  16:48:19  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by takeyourtime

Great job! I downloaded it and tried it on 3.4.03. There is a problem after click on New button and click on edit link to edit the newly added field. Popup windows shows internal server error 500. pop_admin_record.asp?utable=...

More detail please ?

It sounds like you are clicking the New button and and edit link in admin_user_fields.asp ?
Have you run the included myupdate.asp ? This creates the new data tables.
What is the full error message, including the line number ?
Go to Top of Page

takeyourtime
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2002 :  19:07:14  Show Profile
Yes, it is admin_user_fields.asp screen.
When I move the mouse over edit link, it shows:
javascript:openWindow('pop_admin_record.asp?uTable=FORUM_USERFIELDS&USR_FIELD_ID=3&iPage=1')

I ran myupdate.asp first and there is no line number in the return error page.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Is the last modification 9) in register.asp DoCount function? Just want to confirm as there are a few places that match.

Here is my sequence of operations:
I update all files
upload all files
run setup.asp
run myupdate.asp
then do a Add User Field to test it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07