New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2002 :  12:38:17  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
No that didn't work and I scoured the web for info on disabling the escape key. I still think it's a problem. This is a comment by one of my members:

quote:
By escape, I mean the 'Esc' key. It's a bug IMHO. No text editor anywhere that I've ever seen blanks out the text if you hit Esc. It is common for a Windows app to close a modal dialog if you press Esc (it means cancel in that case), but within a text/memo field, Esc should not blank out the entire text. I don't mind it being a cancel operation, but if it is going to wipe out what you spent 30 min creating, it should at least prompt you with an "Are you sure you want to erase your reply?" message or something like that.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2002 :  18:37:45  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Its a bug in IE then and we all know those are very common.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
----------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

thephantomnl

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2002 :  07:51:54  Show Profile  Visit thephantomnl's Homepage  Send thephantomnl an ICQ Message
RTE gives some problems:

*new cool menu (as seen on HuwR site) does not work annymore when you write a message
*you can upload files bit they are not placed in the message (verry important with pictures i think) (huwr upload mod)
*on slow servers (not mine) it will be verry slow

if some-one have an solution for the rte (especcially for the uploading files) then let me now. i like the RTE stuf but i also like the other thinks that must work!

till that time i put it off

thnx all

www.babbelzooi.nl
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2002 :  12:33:52  Show Profile
quote:

RTE gives some problems:

*new cool menu (as seen on HuwR site) does not work annymore when you write a message
*you can upload files bit they are not placed in the message (verry important with pictures i think) (huwr upload mod)
*on slow servers (not mine) it will be verry slow

if some-one have an solution for the rte (especcially for the uploading files) then let me now. i like the RTE stuf but i also like the other thinks that must work!

till that time i put it off

thnx all

www.babbelzooi.nl

create a popup that has an Iframe running the original pop_upload in it - then have it insert the picture like it does with pop_rte_image

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2002 :  18:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
I no longer recomend using this mod. It is too big a security thret to your site. . .

Nathan Bales
Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2002 :  18:50:43  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
Sorry I've been away for a while...
Did anybody modded the RTE to include images UPLOAD on image inserts?(with a free upload compo or with CDONTS I guess)

Distractly yours... manight@audiopro.it
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2002 :  13:41:52  Show Profile
What are the security risks? - that the thing runs in html is on and if people somehow avoid loading the RTE interface they can post html code? or what? - couldn´t a special cleanstring be configured in inc_functions to weed out all inouts except the allowed? and then set non RTE users field to be HTML off?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07