Page: of 3

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2002 :  11:43:56  Show Profile
Nathan...

Iīve send you a modified version of pop_RTE_link.asp

I havenīt been able to test it myself thoroughly + edit the layout of it, since Iīm over at my girlfriends apartment and my server is at home :(

Could you test it - maybe even weed out the few bugs there might be in it?

Morpheus73 - Troelsr@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2002 :  14:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
I'm at school and my servers at home. . . so we are in the same boat. I'll test it if i beat you home

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
---------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

Tmpj

Denmark
467 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2002 :  14:29:18  Show Profile
What about to make a version use the Lang****.asp files and add Poll Mod and other cool mods? An idea add the whole forum at http://www.ls3k.com/snitz to download.

I love your design and left side menu itīs cool!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2002 :  18:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
I don't want to release the code because I do not wish to encourage the use of 3.3.03 with 3.4 so close. I might release the code when I have everything setup right in 3.4

RTE vs 2.0 will support internationalization, file attach, and some other cool things.

RTE vs 1.3 already works with the poll mod, it just makes things tricker to install.

Go to Top of Page

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2002 :  19:01:26  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
Great mod. I've been using it for a couple weeks now, and everything is going well.

Couple of changes I "would like to see/plan to make" (hope this is a good place to put them - if you have a 3.4 development thread, let me know):
  • "Reply with quote" link results in actual RTE style output, rather than seeing the Forum Code.

• Seems that my users who can't use the RTE (Netscrape) also can't use Forum Code (it doesn't get processed). Bug, or is there something wrong with my implementation?

• Perhaps active scanning for Forum Code - auto replace similar to mispelled words in MS Word. I know this is rather difficult to do, but I think it is possible - and it would be very cool, IMO. This might obselete the "Reply with Quote" thing.

• When you disable the "Source" view in the Admin page, the "Mode:" dropdown on the post only has one option. It's counter-intuitive. IMO, it shouldn't be there when it's the only option.

I'm not trying to put more work on you. If I figure out how to do those myself - I'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2002 :  19:23:14  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
The first two sond like bugs. I'll take a look at em.

The dropbox I have left because it might be getting more options in future version.

Go to Top of Page

Dan Martin
Average Member

USA
528 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2002 :  18:25:27  Show Profile  Visit Dan Martin's Homepage  Send Dan Martin an AOL message  Send Dan Martin an ICQ Message  Send Dan Martin a Yahoo! Message
If an example of the bug would help, the 6th post on this thread: http://www.councilofgrey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1382&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=Engress&Forum_Title=General+Discussion

The person who goes by "Agilent" is a MS hater Netscape user. You'll see unprocessed Forum Code.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2002 :  18:43:35  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I have added support for the Poll MOD. You can download it at:

http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/RTE_Polls.zip

Look for line 388 and a few SQL lines that follow for options 1-8. I had to remove the Poll comment lines because I got some odd errors until they were gone.

Here are the Lines that are after line 388:

strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer1, " & strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer2, " &_
strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer3, " & strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer4, " &_
strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer5, " & strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer6, " &_
strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer7, " & strActivePrefix & "TOPICS.answer8, " &_

The rest of the lines are commented and easy to find. Keep in mind that you must have the rest of the Poll MOD installed to even bother with this. This page I posted merely restores Poll functionality to people using RTE 1.3 and Davio's Poll MOD for 3.3

LOL, I just noticed the note above about RTE working with the Poll MOD. I think it's not just trickier, it's extremely trickier to install both so hopefully this file will help some folks.

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 20 February 2002 18:54:02
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2002 :  09:41:02  Show Profile
Hello Nathan - I found this: http://vsbabu.org/tools/ieeditor/ and this: http://vsbabu.org/zips/dialogs.zip

Can we have the table controls that this site uses in V2? - also what I think is reallly great - tahe a look at the add link/image popups ( - both work in zip - on demo only images) - I really like the way you can control the values and browse through images with preview function available.

What do you think?

NB and WOW! - dicovered later - try to select an image, press the "Make Absolute" button and drag it around - now RTE works 100% WYSIWYG.

Edited by - morpheus73 on 04 March 2002 09:44:57
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2002 :  12:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
The table control buttons I intend for version2. I do like the image popup. . . I wonder if that is under a GPL. . . (Think link popup isn't functioning for me)

The I dont know if I can make the image absolute work in snitz. . . but I might be able to make it work with a little CSSification.

Other things I might consider adding to version2 from this ediotor are the

Go to Top of Page

mikey344
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2002 :  02:41:03  Show Profile
Nathan, I found a 2 bugs in private message support when using RTE. When I post a message with a subject that contains a "'" (without the quotes), I get an error message because it doesn't strip that single quote out and goes straight into the select statement. The second bug is that when replying to a private message, it doesn't include the subject for some reason. If you have any idea, let me know. I tried troubleshooting for an hour, with no luck.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2002 :  00:54:36  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I had a report from my members that hitting the escape key erases what they are typing. I tried this out myself. I'm not sure it's truly a bug but it will make some people very unhappy once in a while.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2002 :  01:26:52  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Probably part of IE causes that.

----------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2002 :  16:39:27  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Couldn't the Escape key be disabled much like this...

onkeypress="javascript:if (event.keyCode == 13) return false;">

disables the enter key??

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2002 :  18:57:20  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
possibly

try it, tell me what happens

----------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07