Posted - 26 February 2002 :  11:33:22  Show Profile
can someone show me the link to download this, hehe, can;t find it

http://www.physicsforums.com
Go to Top of Page

OrcusOmega
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  11:53:20  Show Profile
Just want to add my name to the list, I am VERY interested in a public version of the gallery!

Bob

Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2002 :  14:00:15  Show Profile
here you go http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp?action=details&ID=42

just look on the top of this page

Edited by - SimonT on 26 February 2002 14:03:21
Go to Top of Page

freddydoes

108 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2002 :  19:03:43  Show Profile
so, this is a personal gallery? i need a public one

http://www.physicsforums.com
Go to Top of Page

hellind

Singapore
123 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2002 :  22:22:45  Show Profile
After the first post, there have been subsequent report of bugs. Where do I get to download this FINAL mod with all bugs reported been fixed.

I'm not very good at debugging ASP

Thx You

Go to Top of Page

spcalkins
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2002 :  16:20:44  Show Profile  Visit spcalkins's Homepage
Hi all,
I would be very interested in the location of a "Final" version also...

Thanks to all,
Scott

Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2002 :  12:40:39  Show Profile
Does anyone have a clean version of this mod? The Version 2 mod that I downloaded has a ton of extra mods installed in the sample files(i.e. birthday mod, etc...) that cause a lot of problems. I have been trying for days now to get this installed, but the directions require you to copy and paste code from a version of pop_profile that is heavily modified and I don't have most of those mods installed.

I'd love to use this mod, but don't think it will work with a clean version of the forum with the instructions in their current state. Maybe it would be better to just create a single file that says "replace this code YYY with this code ZZZ" rather than "also copy out any sections marked ###Photo Mod### out of the attached file" -- when the attached file has been heavily modified.

I don't mean to cast stones, here. It's just that this mod looks so great on the sites where it is installed, but I haven't heard of one other person being able to actually get installed other than the developer and HuwR. Sorry for the negativity, it's just that I've about pulled all my hair out.

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 16:55:52
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2002 :  20:37:38  Show Profile
I have an idea !!

This mod can be modified to be used as the feature provided by ratemyface.com

I think if we do it, it would be very very greattt!!

As far as I remember, big9rfan made a MOD last year for rating a member..

So if we combine these two MODS, we have a full new interesting FUN MOD !!

So what do u think guyz,, wanna go for it !! ??

Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2002 :  01:21:31  Show Profile
Okay...I think I'm almost there....

I have the mod to the point that I can see the gallery in the users profiles and the links to view the gallery and edit the gallery are there. However, I can't upload anything because I haven't created the default directory.

The instructions say that I should go into the Admin section and look at the "File Attachments Mod Control" section to set the default directory and adjust the file sizes that are allowed. However, I don't see that section in my Admin section. As I looked at the mod to figure out why that is, I have come to the conclusion that there should be a link that was created in the admin_home.asp page. However, nowhere in the mod does it indicate that I should edit or replace the admin_home.asp page.

Is this correct? Am I missing something? Please help...I'm soooo close...

BTW...once I'm done, I'd be more than willing to share my files since my version is a pretty plain jane version of the forum.

Thanks!

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 16:56:08
Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2002 :  01:57:28  Show Profile
Okay...sorry to keep prattling on about the mod, but maybe my experiences will help someone else in the same position. In order to be able to access the administration page for the attachments, a link needs to be manually made in the admin_home.asp page. Just find this code:

<LI><a href="javascript:openWindow3('admin_config_order.asp')">Configure Category/Forum Order</a></LI>

and add this line right after it

<LI><a href="admin_fileattachment.asp">File Attachment Adminitration</a></LI>

With this change, I can now see the admin options for the file attachment mod. However, when I attempt to submit any changes to this page (i.e. allowable size, upload directory, etc...), I get a message that the changes were successful, but the changes are not applied. In addition, when I go back into that page, the default settings are back.

Any help??

Thanks!

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 16:57:28
Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2002 :  17:04:05  Show Profile
After going back and reinstalling the Mod Cmmander, the File Upload, and the Photo Gallery mods via the Admin section, I can now attempt an upload. However, I get this message when I try:

quote:
Uploading.... Please wait
/forum/
Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0174 : 80004005'

Invalid Path Character(s)

/forum/UploadEngine.asp, line 400

An invalid '/' or '\' was found in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

My line 400 says:
strFile = Server.MapPath(strCookieURL & strFolder & "/" & faname)

I am now trying to figure out when the Server.MapPath would be incorrect. I have created the folders in the root directory (of both the forum and the web site since the instructions don't specify which) but it still won't go.

Anyone have an idea???

Thanks!

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 16:57:45
Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2002 :  23:59:44  Show Profile
Okay...no turning back now.

I have the mod installed, but there are some problems that probably need to be addressed:

1) There needs to be an addition to the directions about modifying the admin_home.asp page (per my note above).

2) When viewing the photo galleries from the Members page, everything works just fine. The current code, however, has problems when you go to another member's profile and view their gallery. The link is incorrect in the code. I had to hand code it to get it to work.

3) Users with spaces in their username cannot use this mod. The file uploads to the correct folder (i.e. Joe User), but when you try to view the user's gallery, the links all come up as broken. The temptation might be to not allow spaces in usernames, but since Snitz is set up to allow this, it would be good to figure out how to do this.

4) I had to completely recode the gallery thumbnail links. When I got the mod up and running, I could click on each thumbnail, but the OpenWindow function was not being called. Either this needs to be added to the inc_functions.asp page or you could do what I did and just add a small javascript function to the top of the photo gallery page that enables the links to work. Either way, this should be addressed.

5) Added 03/12/02 - Suppose a user uploades a photo and names it "My photo 1" and then uploads the same photo again and calls it "My photo 2" (trust me...it happened already). When that user goes to delete the first instance of the photo, it successfully deletes photo 1, but it leaves a 1x1 pixel placeholder for photo 2 and it leaves the description for photo 2. If you try to delete the photo 2, you get an error stating that the image does not exist in that directory. The user is then stuck with a placeholder for photo 2 and can't get rid of it.

6) Added 03/12/02 - Don't use apostrophe's in the description (i.e. my brother's car) or the upload fails.

I know it sounds like I've been compaining about this mod, but it really is a nice addition -- especially for a site like mine where people like to show off their motorcycles. I thank Az for taking the time to put it together and I would be more than willing to package up my files now that they are running for a less-modified version of the pages.

Sean

Edited by - Retro on 10 May 2002 16:58:32
Go to Top of Page

fgenus
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2002 :  23:23:59  Show Profile
Is there a way to setup photo gallerys for different events as opposed to a specific member?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Azaniah

United Kingdom
1004 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2002 :  09:25:15  Show Profile  Visit Azaniah's Homepage
Not yet...

Planning it in the next release..

Cheers Az

-------
Eagles fly!, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2002 :  19:37:43  Show Profile
After searching for half an hour on Eastpasco.com I finally figured out that this MOD shows an icon on members.asp which will then show you the photo gallery for that member.

Question: is there a page on which all galleries are shown? Like photo_galleries.asp or something? I could not find a link to that anywhere on that site...

Other than it being a PITA to find the links the MOD looks cool.

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07