Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

DRMäX
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2002 :  00:56:12  Show Profile
hi

i tried all the links, but now download for the newsletter mod is working. can someone send me a working link or the files?

thanks

DRMäX

Go to Top of Page

wim
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2002 :  02:34:43  Show Profile
A working link would be nice....

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2002 :  07:19:06  Show Profile
I beleive this would be the spot to get the code from:

Snitz Exchange
or
Snitz Exchange Listings

quote:

A working link would be nice....

Regards,

Webmaster @ Classic Motorycling Australia
Classic Motorcycling Australia
Go to Top of Page

Pouyan

91 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2002 :  23:18:34  Show Profile
great mod !!!
one question...
Once this mod is installed, is every forum member already a newsletter member also? or are they going to have to subscribe or unsubscribe from or to the newsletter separately?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2002 :  01:16:45  Show Profile
Pouyan,

I am afraid not. It is better if your users subscribe on their own any way, or they may consider it SPAM. Just a thought.

quote:

great mod !!!
one question...
Once this mod is installed, is every forum member already a newsletter member also? or are they going to have to subscribe or unsubscribe from or to the newsletter separately?

Thank you

Regards,

Go to Top of Page

Pouyan

91 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2002 :  01:32:56  Show Profile
Thank you for your quick response...

Yeah you are right I guess they might consider it SPAM. Do you know if anyone has tried adding a newsletter sign up that is checked by default to the register page ?
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2002 :  01:48:24  Show Profile
Thats fine, getting back quickly..

quote:

Thank you for your quick response...

Yeah you are right I guess they might consider it SPAM. Do you know if anyone has tried adding a newsletter sign up that is checked by default to the register page ?

I was going to have a go at adding the sign-up at registration to it myself, but never got around to it.

I may have to try again as I just changed roles in my normal day to day job and have been given more time away from the office (the joys of a promotion).

Cheers,

David
Go to Top of Page

Pouyan

91 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2002 :  02:01:41  Show Profile
niceeeee David ! Congrats on ur promotion...
u better get this done quick then keep me updated.

thanx++
Go to Top of Page

RedDevil
Starting Member

Denmark
28 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  02:16:01  Show Profile  Visit RedDevil's Homepage  Send RedDevil an ICQ Message
Can anyone give me a direct link where I can download this Updated Newsletter mod??

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  04:16:39  Show Profile
RedDevil,

Try here dude: http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp?action=details&ID=38

quote:

Can anyone give me a direct link where I can download this Updated Newsletter mod??

I hope it helps..

Regards,

Go to Top of Page

RedDevil
Starting Member

Denmark
28 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  06:15:59  Show Profile  Visit RedDevil's Homepage  Send RedDevil an ICQ Message
Thx m8!

Go to Top of Page

Pouyan

91 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  02:02:21  Show Profile
I have never done a newsletter thing, i have a bunch of questions about newsletters and html.

what exactly does the html feature do ?! It lets you write out some html to do nice newsletter designs instead of boring plain text ?! then wouldn't an advanced editor be useful ?!

Also how do you include images in html newsletters ? Same way we put images in the forum, just write the source for the image ? then would all e-mail clients be able to view those images ? How about ppl that use outlook express to download their e-mail, and they're not connected to the internet when they're viewing the e-mail ?! Also do we have to start each html newsletter with "<html>" or is that automatically done once you select the html option ?!

Also, subscription/unsubscription confirmation e-mail along with the option to turn it on/off for admin would be a nice addition to this great mod ONE MORE thing, I wish it would show "total newsletter subscribers" instead of total forum members in newsletter admin page
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  20:27:18  Show Profile
The HTML portion was just integrated so you have the option of sending HTML format and not plain text mail. I just tried to add something easy but effective. You probably could add an advanced editor.

It's been so long since I did this MOD I forget about the images. I'll have to check but I think you can add an image the same way as you do in the forum.

I tested this on Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Mail and Eudora and they all worked fine. If you use Outlook Express and view your email off-line the images won't show (the last I remember), but with being a NewsLetter MOD and the fact that it could send hundreds of mails to clients, I wanted to keep the size of the newsletter down (kb) If all images were embedded in the source it would be much larger therefore taking alot longer to send to clients (thats if it did not time out)

You DO NOT have to start each NewsLetter with HTML, this is all written in the code. You type what you want in the text boxes and the rest is done for you.

I am sure there is a subscription/unsubscription confirmation e-mail that is sent to the user (not the Admin) I do have the code that also sends the Admin an email when someone subscribes, but I'll have to dig it up.

The Code that shows Total NewsLetter subscribers, I posted on the First page, second last post of this Topic.

I hope this helps

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 19 August 2002 20:29:57
Go to Top of Page

Pouyan

91 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  22:30:24  Show Profile
Thanks for your response...

quote:
You probably could add an advanced editor.

How ?!
quote:
It's been so long since I did this MOD I forget about the images. I'll have to check but I think you can add an image the same way as you do in the forum.

Could you get back to me on that?
quote:
I tested this on Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Mail and Eudora and they all worked fine. If you use Outlook Express and view your email off-line the images won't show

In that case, it is probably wise not to use images right ? Since images might be messed up on all the clients that view the newsletter offline.
quote:
I am sure there is a subscription/unsubscription confirmation e-mail that is sent to the user (not the Admin)

It does not ! It leads the user to a confirmation page once they subscribe or unsubscribe, it does not send them a welcome e-mail.
quote:
I do have the code that also sends the Admin an email when someone subscribes, but I'll have to dig it up.

That would be nice !
quote:
The Code that shows Total NewsLetter subscribers, I posted on the First page, second last post of this Topic.

I added it to my nladmin page and it works like a charm, thank you!

I don't know if you are planning to release a new version anytime soon or not with all the bugs fixed and new features added, but if you are planning to do a new version please consider newsletter archive feature to keep all past newsletters This is a great mod...thank you.

Edited by - Pouyan on 19 August 2002 22:32:55
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  06:01:41  Show Profile
I was not the one who created the NewsLetter MOD. I forget who did it, but Classicmotorcycling cleaned up the code alot. I just did the HTML part, added the NewsLetter members count.

I will see what I can do for the rest of the code

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07