New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2002 :  15:35:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I installed the one you linked to in this topic after someone said the initial link was dead. Those 3 variables just don't seem related to anything else in the application.

It works fine in SQL Server if you change the WHERE Active=Yes to WHERE Active=1. That's all I had to do to make it work.

I can't wait to see the new version.

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2002 :  07:18:03  Show Profile
Hey Classic

If you go back to the first page of this Topic at the bottom of the page I added some code to show how many people have subscribed to the NewsLetter.

Maybe add this in if you are going to do an updated MOD

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2002 :  14:48:25  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I found another issue and have a resolution. I was testing thiis out and saw that my apostrophes(') were converted to question marks(?).

To fix this open nlEmail_List.asp and find:

strSubject = Request.Form("txtSubject")
strBody = Request.Form("txtBody")

Immediately below that add

strBody = Replace(strBody, "'","& #39;")

So now it looks like:

strSubject = Request.Form("txtSubject")
strBody = Request.Form("txtBody")
strBody = Replace(strBody, "'","& #39;")

This method if not exact code should take care of nlEmail_List_html.asp too.

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 11 April 2002 15:20:01
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  11:58:36  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Hi.

I changed the code to show how many people have subscribed, and how many members there are, but one thing...

I have 27 members, and 27 people have subscribed, but the 27 people subscribed aren't all members, so is there any way of saying...

27 people have subscribed, of which, 22 are members, and 5 are guests

???

Cheers!

Oli

MortiOli Site | MortiOli Forum
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  20:17:39  Show Profile
mortioli,

I was trying to do the same thing as you and got lost in it. I think the only way you can do this is to compare the email addresses of the people who have subscribed to the Newletter, with the email addresses in the FORUM_MEMBERS table.

Even this would not be 100% as some forum members may use different email adds for each.

I was going to start working on this but have been overwhelemed with work. If I do get something going I will post it here.

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2002 :  20:56:59  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Be careful when you try to send this. I DTS'd a few hundred email addresses in and tried to send a newsletter but time after time it timed out after only a few dozen were sent and that was just the text newsletter.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  13:43:07  Show Profile
@tomic,

I did have the code changed on mine to BCC everyone but only for ASPEMAIL. The problem with it now is it trys to send a NewsLetter to each person one at a time, using BCC would not do this so there should be no time outs.

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  17:03:05  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Thanks for the tip! I will give that a shot and see what I can do with it.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

tduffy

146 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2002 :  20:20:17  Show Profile
what I was wondering, i don't want to have people sign up for the news letter, i just want to send it to everyone under admin_emaillist.asp is that possible? I'm no good at coding and can't figure it out.

Go to Top of Page

vmark
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2002 :  18:16:53  Show Profile
Could you please let me know where the code can be found. freeaspcode.net seems to have gone through a major change in April and the original link at the start of this topic doesn't lead to anything related to Snitz. This newsletter mod sounds like just what I need.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

tduffy

146 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2002 :  21:22:24  Show Profile
quote:

Could you please let me know where the code can be found. freeaspcode.net seems to have gone through a major change in April and the original link at the start of this topic doesn't lead to anything related to Snitz. This newsletter mod sounds like just what I need.

Thanks

http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp

Go to Top of Page

vmark
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2002 :  04:59:23  Show Profile
Thanks tduffy

I've got the code, haven't tried it yet

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2002 :  19:26:09  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I don't know if everyone using ASPMail would have this happen, but after I tried the BCC method this worked better than before but still timed out after about 400 were sent

Looks like I need a newletter service since we expect to be sending out about 5,000 at a time.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  00:21:45  Show Profile
I didn't know about the Yahoo Briefcase thing. That's pretty cool. I know there were other similiar "free" services offered by other companies, but some of those are now gone.

Anyways, I set one up and was ready to make a folder public when I noticed this:

Public (everyone can access this folder.)
Note: The free service on Yahoo! Briefcase does not allow public sharing of files/full-size images.

In order to share items, you have to know the yahoo usernames of people you want to share the files with. Oh well, still a good service to use with friends.

Go to Top of Page

wizboy
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2002 :  01:17:35  Show Profile  Send wizboy an ICQ Message
im interested in this MOD, but instead of people having to signup for it, is there a way make it where any member is already there, so anyone who signs up I can send out mailings?

thanks

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07