Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2002 :  14:13:07  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
quote:

You shouldn't be getting those errors. There are 2 versions of the Newletter MOD, hoff_s original one (which would give you those erros) and hoff_s that Classicmotorcycling fixed up. Go here and this should be the good one

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 27 January 2002 21:32:39

I am still having this error too! I've downloaded the files from the link above but the table is still not getting created.

Is this something that I can manually do in Access?

If so could somebody list the out the fields and their types?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2002 :  17:44:47  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
quote:

quote:

You shouldn't be getting those errors. There are 2 versions of the Newletter MOD, hoff_s original one (which would give you those erros) and hoff_s that Classicmotorcycling fixed up. Go here and this should be the good one

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 27 January 2002 21:32:39

I am still having this error too! I've downloaded the files from the link above but the table is still not getting created.

Is this something that I can manually do in Access?

If so could somebody list the out the fields and their types?

Thanks

I fixed my problem. I had to change the connection string in my config.asp file to an Access 2000 database.

Now it works!

Go to Top of Page

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2002 :  17:37:45  Show Profile
quote:

Howdy,

I have now added the updated Newsletter Mod to Free AspCode.net Snitz Modifications/Addons for downloading.

This will allow users to subscribe to the Newsletter and took away a few of the bugs that was in the previous version.

I hope this helps a few people out..

Regards,

Webmaster @ Classic Motorycling Australia
Classic Motorcycling Australia

I could really use this MOD. Anyone got a download link that actually works?

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2002 :  22:44:10  Show Profile
Wixxered,

Try in this spot. I have set-up a folder at Yahoo: You should get it here.

Regards,

Go to Top of Page

Wixxerd
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2002 :  17:30:52  Show Profile
Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

samyot

Canada
242 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2002 :  16:10:38  Show Profile  Visit samyot's Homepage  Send samyot a Yahoo! Message
Hi,

Just wondering why the members count on the nladmin.asp page is of the forum and not a count of the newsletters members. The count for the forum members is completely useless on this page and I would like to replace that with the total count of users registered to the newsletter, can anybody tell me how to do this?

Sylvain Amyot
FORUM:http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index_support.html
HOME:http://www.mytechsupport.ca
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2002 :  05:20:30  Show Profile
When I, along with Classicmotorcycling cleaned up this MOD a little, I did not find anything within the MOD itself to give a member count for how many people joined the NewsLetter.

Since I am asp illiterate I just added in the Forum Members count hoping that I could someway have/or add members who joined the NewsLetter to. It was going to read something like this,

ie: 15 of your 75 Forum Members have joined the NewsLetter

Until someone else can do something to add a db entry, not sure what you can do. (maybe I will see if I can do it)

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

samyot

Canada
242 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2002 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Visit samyot's Homepage  Send samyot a Yahoo! Message
The members.asp page uses "rs.RecordCount" to get the total members count, since the nladmin.asp is selecting all the records for that table, it should be possible to add a count using the same method but I could not get it to work. I am sure someone here with more ASP knowledge that me can wip this up in no time!

Sylvain Amyot
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2002 :  22:26:07  Show Profile
I will take a look at rs.RecordCount, but for now I did throw together something that does work.

Very easy to add, in nladmin.asp replace Line #28 and #29 (shown below)
Response.Write  "<center><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>There are currently <b>" & Users & "</b> " & strForumTitle & " members.</center>" & vbNewLine  
%>
with this new code here
set countrs = my_conn.execute("SELECT ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "MAILLIST")
mlist = 0
do until countrs.eof
mlist = mlist + 1
countrs.movenext
Loop
set countrs = nothing

strTotalMaillist = mlist

Response.Write "<center><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """><b>" & strTotalMaillist & "</b> people have subscribed to the " & strForumTitle & " NewsLetter. You have a total of <b>" & Users & "</b> Forum Members.</center>" & vbNewLine
%>

This will show the total # of Users who have joined the NewsLetter and the total number of your Forum Members.

Let me know if this new code works ok for you.

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 13 March 2002 23:14:06
Go to Top of Page

samyot

Canada
242 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2002 :  08:16:11  Show Profile  Visit samyot's Homepage  Send samyot a Yahoo! Message
You're a genius!

Worked like a charm. This is exactly what I wanted!

Thanks for your help Intrepidone!

Sylvain Amyot
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2002 :  18:13:54  Show Profile
Glad it worked for you

I can't take the credit for it though because I wanted the same thing as you and noticed the Guestbook shows how many people have signed it, so I went into guestbook.asp, figured out how it was done and basically copied the code and just changed it to work with the NewsLetter MOD.

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2002 :  14:47:52  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Hey great MOD!

Just a couple of things I found:

1. You hard coded Australia into the footer information.

2. "WHERE Active=Yes" was no fun on the SQL database. Won't "WHERE Active=1" work with Access?

3. There was no support for ASPMail. It was easy enough for me to add but a lot of folks out there and I mean A LOT use ASPMail and will have problems with it.

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2002 :  17:33:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
OK, I found a few more problems. The file nlunsubcomfirm.inc has variables that don't match the other pages (iUpdates,asURL,mEmail) and that part of the Newsletter MOD(confirmation email) doesn't seem to work. Does this file work for anyone else "as is"?

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org
Go to Top of Page

Arne2

Denmark
51 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2002 :  04:54:04  Show Profile

Hi,
Very nice work and everything seems to work like it should. Very easy to impliment and I like the idea of having it in its own asp files. I wish others would do that as well - as far as possible. It only took 5 minutes to get it up and running.

Arne
Proxomitron Forum 2001
http://asp.flaaten.dk/pforum/
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2002 :  15:16:23  Show Profile
@tomic,

I do not know which version you are using, but when I first got the code from http://www.eastpasco.com there was some issues with the db code of it. I fixed that which Hoff_s the original writer noted somewhere.

I was using different stuff when I put the "Australia" in the nlEmail_list.asp file. I can take out the Australia, but I like advertising Australia. (*grin*) As fo the other stuff goes, I hadn't looked in to those, but are now working on a bit of an update for the newsletter which I should have in a week or so.

The update will have a test e-mail sent to the admin's email so you the admin can view the newsletter with out sending to the entire list. The newsletter will be able to be sent with either plain text, html or WYSIWYG HTML. When a user subscribes it will send the user a confrimation to say they joined which will be configurable on what the message will say.

It will have support for the following mail formats;

CDONTS e-mail component, the W3 JMail component, or Persists AspEmail

I am not sure if it will work properly with SQL as I do not run it for my forums, but you can test it if you like. All the files will be independent again to a certain part. So this should fix some of the issues you raised and will let you know when I finish it.

Regards,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07