Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  07:15:11  Show Profile
I managed to get the DB side of things working. When I got the code from Rick125's (I think that was the name) forum. The DB side was working for them, but was not meant for the public, but I got it going that far.

What you may need to do Pouyan, is try some of the things you want others to do, that are basic functions in the Newsletter. Give it a try, you never know, it may surprise you and be easy to do.

Intrepidone, did a great clean up job on the Newsletter, and added the function of the HTML side of things. If you want to get the rich text side of things working, then that could be another enhancement to the Newsletter Mod.

quote:
Originally posted by Intrepidone

I was not the one who created the NewsLetter MOD. I forget who did it, but Classicmotorcycling cleaned up the code alot. I just did the HTML part, added the NewsLetter members count.

I will see what I can do for the rest of the code

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  09:43:43  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
Is the Newsletter MOD updated to work with v3.4?
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  16:08:29  Show Profile
I have not tried it with 3.4, but can not see any reason as to why it wouldn't. Given that most of the Newsletter was independant of Snitz.

quote:
Originally posted by alex042

Is the Newsletter MOD updated to work with v3.4?

Try it a see.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  16:23:37  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
It will not work "out of the box" on a 3.4 forum. Check out the include files for starters. Some of them no longer exist.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

leblanc9425

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2002 :  06:03:03  Show Profile  Visit leblanc9425's Homepage
Does anybody have a version of the Newsletter Mod that is updated for a 3.4 forum? I've tried to modify the includes but I am still getting errors. I've looked for a download on SnitzBitz and SnitzExchange and others but have been unsuccessful in finding a download.

Dave

www.Slug-Lines.com
Snitz Version 3.4.07
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2002 :  12:56:44  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
I am working out a couple of bugs in it for 3.4 as we speak. It is 99.9% done. I will post it up when it is stable.

Cheers,
Wes
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  03:16:38  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I am working out a couple of bugs in it for 3.4 as we speak. It is 99.9% done. I will post it up when it is stable.

Is it setup for multiple newsletter publications?

Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2002 :  03:56:05  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
It has no new features just all the bug fixes and completly ported to 3.4.x

Wes
Go to Top of Page

DarrenLuxton

184 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  05:29:08  Show Profile
just a question guys?

Where can i download this thing from?

i've been looing everywere, and the version i used to run on my old forums was excellent.
Go to Top of Page

grbicking
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  13:08:29  Show Profile  Visit grbicking's Homepage  Send grbicking an AOL message
Looking to download the code also, any ideas where it could be.
Go to Top of Page

pknaz

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  13:48:14  Show Profile  Visit pknaz's Homepage  Send pknaz an AOL message  Send pknaz an ICQ Message  Send pknaz a Yahoo! Message
dido
Go to Top of Page

gibbedhead
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2002 :  23:18:03  Show Profile  Visit gibbedhead's Homepage
You can get the latest copy by 'burthold' @ serverhacker.com

http://www.serverhacker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=324

Check the thread for some bug fixes...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07