New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

tangoc9999

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  08:25:14  Show Profile  Visit tangoc9999's Homepage  Send tangoc9999 an AOL message  Send tangoc9999 an ICQ Message  Send tangoc9999 a Yahoo! Message
david, what coding would be required to keep access off until the admin approved the member? membership by approval is what i am asking about.

TANGO

Computers run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, they quit running!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2002 :  21:37:31  Show Profile
Well, you could basically don't send an email to the user when they sign up. That way they won't get the activation link. Then when you go to the Members Pending page and click the Activate Account link, it will send an email to them that thier account is activated.

Just to let everyone know, I will update this mod real soon. Some features that will be added is Mass Deleting of pending members or Selected members and paging in the members pending.
Just to let everyone know that this mod will be in the 3.4 version of the Snitz Forums.

- David
Go to Top of Page

tangoc9999

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  08:11:40  Show Profile  Visit tangoc9999's Homepage  Send tangoc9999 an AOL message  Send tangoc9999 an ICQ Message  Send tangoc9999 a Yahoo! Message
so just rework the code for the first email?

TANGO

Computers run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, they quit running!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  11:53:35  Show Profile
Yeah. Don't send the email when they register. After they register just say "Your will be able to use your username and password after it has been approved by the administrators." or something like that. Then in the register.asp file, you would send them an email that thier account was approved and that they can use it, when you activate their account. That's it.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2002 :  10:20:40  Show Profile
can someone please convert this to 3.1 SR4 or tell me what do i need to change for it to wokr

thanks

Go to Top of Page

Chizl
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  13:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Chizl's Homepage
Why not do a real MX email validation?

http://www.geeksatwork.com/geek-code/ValidateEmailMX/

If there is like a catchrest or postmaster that accepts the email, then all email to that domain will be valid, because it is being read by someone. This is the only down fall to MX email validation.

--
/*Chizl*/
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2002 :  23:46:24  Show Profile
Email Validation mod updated.
Please see first post.

Oh and just to let you all know, this mod will be inlcuded in the next version of the Snitz Forums v3.4.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Hopper

192 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2002 :  15:02:10  Show Profile  Send Hopper an ICQ Message
Something that might be nice to add to this mod is the ability to add a list of Email providers that are NOT allowed.. ie: Yahoo.com, Hotmail.com, etc.

One of the things i have noticed with this is that if you have someone whos a problem user, they can create account after account because they can create a new email account on the free mail servers. I thought it would be nice if you could block certain email providers from being able to be used as a valid email. Perhaps add another table for blocked providers? Just an Idea.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2002 :  04:50:45  Show Profile
Mod has bene updated.
A few minor bugs fixed.
Please see first post.

Hopper, that is not a bad idea. Will consider it.

- David
Go to Top of Page

bikedude
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2002 :  16:28:04  Show Profile
There seems to be a bug when activating a user who has an ' in any of the user data. It looks like it's not being escaped properly.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2002 :  01:45:23  Show Profile
Mod has been updated.
Please see first post for details.

bikedude, I know, that has been fixed.

«-------------------------------------------------»
Read the Do's and Don'ts before you post for help
«-------------------------------------------------»
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2002 :  16:51:00  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
quote:

That is by behaviour. You want the user to be locked out of his account when he or the admin changes the email address? If he made a mistake in his email address, he wouldn't be able to get back into his account to correct it.

The email address won't change until the user confirms his email address. So he can continue using his account with the original email address.

- David

I would like to put the users account on hold if they or the admin change the email. Is this possible?

----------------------------------------
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges
Go to Top of Page

esasse
Starting Member

Brazil
49 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2002 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Visit esasse's Homepage  Send esasse an ICQ Message
Is it possible to install this MOD in Version 4b3?

Regards,
Erick

Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2002 :  19:33:33  Show Profile
Davio, maybe a stupid question, but why isn't there an admin_config_features.asp edit necessary to get the E-mail Validation MOD working?
I know it was necessary in an older version as I have it on my own forums, but in the version that's on your own forums that file isn't included in the ZIP so it can't be turned on or off in the Admin section.

I'm surprised nobody else has noticed this unless it's because I just installed in on a site with an SQL 2000 database...

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2002 :  22:47:08  Show Profile
Moved it to the Email Config Frutzle.

«------------------------------------------------------»
Read the Do's and Don'ts before you post for help
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07