New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2001 :  17:31:07  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
We'll see about the rest. I am not sure I am up to the coding challenge. I am having enough trouble just adding this rich text editor to the calendar. I have done a MOD that includes cell phone/pager and have used it on our company intranet to send text messages. That was just a test, though. I got sidetracked and have not been able to go finish it up.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2001 :  21:47:34  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Ok, I have got the calendar working with the Rich text Editor. I think it still could use some tweaking however. The edit mode is not displaying what's in there though you can change the posting. Can anyone check that out and see what they can do? I will work on it more tomorrow if not.

I also changed some of the querystring to match the rest of the forum. mode=whatever is now method=whatever so there are a lot of changes besides the RTE. Kep in mind that this is NOT 100% finished so don't throw this into production. Editing does not work...yet. I also, as I mentioned before, combined the event_functions.asp with events.asp. They can be broken apart later but for now I want it all together while I work on it since changes need to be made to both files.

Here's what I have done so far: http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/events.zip

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

pnonell
Starting Member

Spain
45 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  13:58:14  Show Profile  Visit pnonell's Homepage  Send pnonell a Yahoo! Message
quote:

OK, for the Private Messages MOD that I released last month..

Try this privatesend.asp file: click here

Sorry I try to put privatesend.asp (above) but when I write in the message, javascript error: Line 389, CtlFont not defined ( or similar cause is in spanish).
Please forget this, I discover If i change
.textedit DIV.document in inc_rte.asp to verdana the PM will crash... Somebody has privatesend_info.asp updated to RTE??

Thanks and our congratulations to the authors.

Pedro Nonell
Snitz forums: www.click2export.com/default.asp

www.reingex.com

Edited by - pnonell on 21 December 2001 14:08:40

Edited by - pnonell on 21 December 2001 14:11:04
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  14:05:31  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Ok folks I think I have it done at last!

http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/events.zip

Please let me know if you spot any problems. If you have the Calendar and RTE working on your site you should only need to upload my version of events.asp. This file os events.asp and event_functions.asp combined into a single file.

Should I start another topic for this or leave it here as an RTE add-on? I did change more than the editor but that was mostly just altering the querystring to comply with the Snitz standard though that was probably unnecessary.

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 21 December 2001 14:05:56
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  18:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Its up to you if you want to start a new topic.

If you do, just make sure people know its an addon to the RTE. . . we dont want people without the RTE trying to install it! That could become a nightmare.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
-------------------------------

Test Site | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  18:58:56  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Perhaps my events.asp could just be included in the download as an optional file for those that use the calendar. That is the only change needed besides all of your RTE files and the calendar code works for both 3.1R4 and 3.3

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  19:29:34  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
has anyone tried installing the RTE on any non 3.3.03 forums? I would be interested to know if they work on 3.1 or 4.0bx

Test Site | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  19:54:08  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I was attempting to set it up on 3.1R4 but after looking at the differences in the code I was getting a huge headache. I am thinking I will just upgrade that forum to 3.3 after Xmas. I didn't see any reason why it wouldn't work but it just seemed to be too big a hassle to do.

Oh, and I do have a site publicly available to demo this at http://www.dbdclan.net

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 21 December 2001 21:48:56
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  22:30:40  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
is it working with the poll mod? I noticed you had it installed.

Test Site | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2001 :  22:56:24  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Ouch! In my hurry to add this I messed up the poll MOD

So uhhhhh no....not yet LOL. I will investigate that later.
Darn good thing I saved my original files.

But I must say it's cool how if you have Flash in your post that the animation is working while you type!

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2001 :  00:23:13  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Yup, and animated gifs

Test Site | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2001 :  00:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
RTE vs 1.1 has been released.

See first post on thred for details!

---------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2001 :  13:31:50  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Oopsi, missed one, details are in the first post. It has been fixed in the zip for future downloads

---------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2001 :  17:46:25  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I've been trying to get this to work on version 3.1R4 but can't quite get it so I am posting what I have in the hopes someone might take a look and see what they can do. This version of post.asp also have the Message Icon MOD and an earlier version of the poll MOD.

http://216.119.101.244/download/post31R4.zip

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 24 December 2001 17:48:44
Go to Top of Page

aston

Andorra
51 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2001 :  22:58:13  Show Profile
I don`t think thi is a good MOD,because I have done a one.

It supports IE5 lower...

AND it is very easy to install..at the same time I have mad a UBB code editor,just like the Text Editor.It works well.

If I have more time I must release....

Fly me to the Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07