Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  17:24:05  Show Profile
It rocks. Take a look at my front page at

www.tribforcemail.com and see how it pulls out the latest topics from my forum and displays them on the front page.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  12:32:22  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
allows you to basicaly do a "Most Recent Topics" display on a page of your web site... showing the last posts made.

generates interest in your content.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  13:28:27  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
And with a little more of imagination, this can be use in other stuff too, as for example in this test layout [ http://animedj.com/home ] I'm using the a modified slash mod 3 times at the same time to show top discussions, news, and a commentary for the splash of the week.. so basically with some creativity and programming skillz, one can acomplish a little more than for what it was designed ^^

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com
Go to Top of Page

thewarrior
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  15:11:51  Show Profile  Visit thewarrior's Homepage  Send thewarrior an AOL message
animedj,

Great MOD. I like the Mod Commander and how it implements changes. I use that and mod_dbsetup for just about everything now.

I am looking at trying to use this as a basis for a quick and easy way to allow only certain users to post news to a home page. Is there some easy way to modify the current code to be able to select items from a specific category only (in which case I'll be able to designate who posts to the home/news page), or should I dive in and start rebuilding this to do what I would need? Just want to check with this MOD's guru before I go getting myself into creating a MOD and really increasing my responsibility level from 0... (hee hee!)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Todd Martin
Jack-of-all-trades...
Master-of-none...
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  15:21:19  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
yeah.. in the slash.asp there is a variable called strCustomSQL, you just need to add your custom SQL there.. for example, I want to show only post from forum 'news' which forumID is 9, with this I'll replace the current line :

strCustomSQL = " "

with

strCustomSQL = strTablePrefix & "and FORUM.FORUM_ID = 9"

and that would do the trick.

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com

Edited by - animedj on 09 March 2001 09:32:49
Go to Top of Page

jhill
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  18:31:23  Show Profile
Are there any tricks to getting Slash 2.10 to work with SQL Server? I manually created the rows in the FORUM_MODS table but the mod doesn't appear to be connecting to the DB.

Any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

thewarrior
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  03:05:14  Show Profile  Visit thewarrior's Homepage  Send thewarrior an AOL message
Can't get the strCustomSQL variable to work correctly... Help? I tried what you wrote (mine happens to by FORUM_ID = 18...)

it is at http://www.warriorweb.com/mcgctrial/. Click on the Mssg. Board graphic to get to the board... The home page is supposed to bring up the slash.asp code...

ARGH!

Todd Martin
Jack-of-all-trades...
Master-of-none...
Go to Top of Page

thewarrior
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  03:24:07  Show Profile  Visit thewarrior's Homepage  Send thewarrior an AOL message
Ok, so I am a dork and forgot the word "and"... Oopsy!

So now that I got past that part, the part that stumps me now is that it works great on the Admin page, but not at all on my main page. I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'
This key is already associated with an element of this collection.
/mcgctrial/forum/mods/slash.asp line 30

Argh! Everytime something goes right, Murphy whacks my computer! Maybe it being up until 3 and 4 o' clock in the morning that is frying my head...

Any help is appreciated...
Thanks!

while not objRec.EOF
objDict.Add objRec.Fields.Item("m_code").Value, objRec.Fields.Item("m_value").Value
objRec.moveNext
wend

Todd Martin
Jack-of-all-trades...
Master-of-none...
Go to Top of Page

gimpism
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  11:59:24  Show Profile
check your database, its nost likely dupicate fields in there :)

Go to Top of Page

thewarrior
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  15:54:32  Show Profile  Visit thewarrior's Homepage  Send thewarrior an AOL message
Thanks, gimpism. I had been moving the database back and forth so much that I forgot I had changed a few things... Again, that's what I get for frying my brain until 3:00 in the morning!

Todd Martin
Jack-of-all-trades...
Master-of-none...
Go to Top of Page

mutts
Starting Member

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  03:19:46  Show Profile  Send mutts an ICQ Message
Hi guys,

I keep getting this error when trying to use the slash 2.10 mod
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

This key is already associated with an element of this collection

/slash.asp, line 30

any ideas ?

Regards
Chris
Go to Top of Page

gimpism
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  13:59:15  Show Profile
there are duplicate fields in you database- clean 'em out and you should be set

Go to Top of Page

concep86

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  14:32:35  Show Profile  Visit concep86's Homepage
I ran the setup for the mod. i can see it in Admin, but when I change the values and click upudate nothing seems to happen. nothing shows up on the page.

I am running Sql 7.0 sr4

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong.

Thanks

Concepc86

Concep86
Webmaster
http://www.coneciones.com
http://www.amercoll.edu
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  00:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi...

Could someone give a basic explanation on what this mod does and how...

Is it similar to the COntent management mod?

Thanks for your time,

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  10:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi,
I've looked at this entire thread and at the text file in the zip of the mod, and I cannot find any information on exactly HOW this mod works... I have a small idea of what it does, but not how it does it -- can anyone help with a brief description?

I've been looking at the slash_admin.asp page (I use SQL 7) Should I set up the DB in advance of running the slash_admin.asp page (I don't use the mod commander) or do I do it after?

Finally, I'm using a modifed version of sr2 -- any "gotchas"? (I know about the cookies)

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07