Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  19:08:11  Show Profile
Add me to the soup, I'd love it for my site as well.

Paul

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  19:23:18  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
heh.. soryy... busy with work and maintaining my site.. but if Reinsnitz wants a final working copy of the code, I can do some work this weekend, as this might be the last public mod that I'll be coding in a while ^^;;

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  19:35:55  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Thanks man :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  05:05:46  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
I'd also like to have the final version! WHY AINT THE E-mail notification of topics working here anymore!?

Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  13:50:05  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Okay.. done... the final revision of slash mod, and my final mod also.. if someone wants to take upon the task of beef up this mod you can go ahead.. althought i think this might soon be part of the official snitz release.. here's the link :

http://animedj.com/hacks/slashMod_2.10.zip

Note that people that are using now slash mod need to run first the setup link to apply a new patch that would add 2 new values to the MODS table. People just installing now the MOD the just need to run the admin section.

Also in slash.asp I added a strCustomSQL variable, here goes any special SQL that you would like to run like showing just a specific forum or category or ignore certain categories like I do in my site.. also the new 2 options are allow to show images (self-explanatory) and use forum code ( which if it isn't check then the message would be HTML encode).

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  15:27:03  Show Profile
Thanks for the MOD animedj

I could not get your last version of this MOD to work, but this version works perfectly, except it would not create the entries in my Access db, I had to manually do that.

Thanks again
Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  23:10:21  Show Profile
YEEHAW!

This one finally worked for me!

GRACIAS
GRACIAS
GRACIAS

paul

Go to Top of Page

gimpism
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  23:35:55  Show Profile
getting an error after going to the new ver..

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'
This key is already associated with an element of this collection
/forum/mods/slash.asp, line 19

this happened after going to the new version, previous to this only had images not working, but what is odd is that everything looks ok on the slash_admin page.
I wish I weren't so asp and db dumb :)

Edited by - gimpism on 26 February 2001 23:44:07

Edited by - gimpism on 27 February 2001 09:36:59
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  12:55:00  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

Okay.. done... the final revision of slash mod, and my final mod also.. if someone wants to take upon the task of beef up this mod you can go ahead.. althought i think this might soon be part of the official snitz release.. here's the link :

http://animedj.com/hacks/slashMod_2.10.zip

Note that people that are using now slash mod need to run first the setup link to apply a new patch that would add 2 new values to the MODS table. People just installing now the MOD the just need to run the admin section.

Also in slash.asp I added a strCustomSQL variable, here goes any special SQL that you would like to run like showing just a specific forum or category or ignore certain categories like I do in my site.. also the new 2 options are allow to show images (self-explanatory) and use forum code ( which if it isn't check then the message would be HTML encode).

---
Johann Reyes

Hey... are those the ONLY files needed to set up Slash Mod!? Cause in the Read Me, it says "New Files" and lists the ones in this zip-file.... arn't there any other files to be included?

cheers
/CHEETAH

Go to Top of Page

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  14:13:09  Show Profile
quote:

Hey... are those the ONLY files needed to set up Slash Mod!? Cause in the Read Me, it says "New Files" and lists the ones in this zip-file.... arn't there any other files to be included?

cheers
/CHEETAH

I used only the files included in the zip to make mine work. (assuming you have mod commander to administer after setup)

admin_slash.zip to set up the db
slash.zip to use as the page to display the topics. I copied this to the main directory of the site..be sure to have the config, and inc_functions as include files in this page, where it's going to display. Then it worked great for me.

paul

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  15:36:19  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

quote:

cheers
/CHEETAH

I used only the files included in the zip to make mine work. (assuming you have mod commander to administer after setup)

admin_slash.zip to set up the db
slash.zip to use as the page to display the topics. I copied this to the main directory of the site..be sure to have the config, and inc_functions as include files in this page, where it's going to display. Then it worked great for me.

paul

strange... I cant get it work! I've never seen files ending with.mod... hmm...

Go to Top of Page

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  13:21:59  Show Profile
quote:

strange... I cant get it work! I've never seen files ending with.mod... hmm...

For the Mod Commander, I assume, ... make sure they are in a folder called Mods under your Forum folder, then run the admin_slash file.

Paul

Edited by - nwduffer on 28 February 2001 13:23:25
Go to Top of Page

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  14:02:36  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
Sorry for the late reply... well as the readme file says, this mod uses mod commander, and the .mod file that you see in your zip is the filethat mod commander needs to reconigze slash mod as a mod. all files need to be unzipped in a MODS directory inside your forums directory and in the page that you are going to add slash.asp you also need to include inc_functions.asp and config.asp from your forums directory. That pretty much it is the installation for this mod.

---
Johann Reyes
Go to Top of Page

gimpism
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2001 :  09:33:44  Show Profile
okee... that error I was getting was because of duplicate entries in the database.
The only oddity now is that images show fine [ img][/img ] is processing ok,
but the [ url][/url ] doesnt seem to be processed. Allow forum code is enable in admin.
(sorry for all the edits :) )
what portion actually controls this? oh and thanks for the sweet mod animedj :)

Edited by - gimpism on 01 March 2001 09:34:31

Edited by - gimpism on 01 March 2001 09:34:50

Edited by - gimpism on 01 March 2001 09:36:07
Go to Top of Page

BogieMan

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  14:55:25  Show Profile  Visit BogieMan's Homepage
What does the SlashMod do?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07