Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2001 :  13:24:29  Show Profile
portal mod site down

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

/portal/content/redirect.asp, line 5

I see this error at 121 hosting just about ever other day but I got the guys to upgrade my database to access 2000 since then i have not seen this error. I did read some where on technet about this problem.

SimonT

I so wish I could code in ASP..
Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2001 :  13:35:01  Show Profile
cool site is back up mm just like my site use to be up and down all day.

I am just sharperning my big knife to slice out the code parts I need for my site thank you for letting me use your code I will keep all the copyright parts in tact and also I might run the portal as well on my site thanks for all your help.

quote:

The code for the linksmanager is separated from the other modules. i think there is no problems to separate the code!

All the links manger related code is in the /content/inc_links.asp.
The display of the links is setting up in the /content/linsdisplay.inc

and then is a file called config_portal.asp. there you can setup many features.

i think you should install the portal mod and check out, how i display the content

SimonT

I so wish I could code in ASP..
Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2001 :  13:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
Rick stop your whinning please.

Anyways nice work guys, I will look at it when snitz 4.0 is released.

Go to Top of Page

darkwaldorf
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2001 :  05:59:36  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

95% of the people CAN'T over write thier inc_top.asp, active_users, default.asp, forums.asp, config.asp and topic.asp

Please understand; YOU DON´T HAVE TO OVERWRITE THESE FILES! - just put the lang1030 as an includefile to the portalpages and link to them from YOUR OWN inc_top.

quote:

I give up... Basically they don't care about anyone but themselves. And forcing everyone to convert to the international version.

Yes, we care about the world, thus by releasing an international MOD, not just focusing of the illiterate part of the US population, who think the whole world is their own county and that internationalism is a McDonalds in every city in the world. Please stop being as narrowminded as your president and stop the flaming of other users in these forums!

Dähmliche*****köpfige ammie!

And where did you get the figure 95% from? I still want to know...

Edited by - morpheus73 on 04 November 2001 16:44:55

@morpheus73

I think you have forgot that you are only a guest here on this server
and this server is in US. So, take care what you say about this people. The are not "Dähmliche*****köpfige", when they say they want not something that they will not use.

...und du könntest mal deine Rechtschreibung prüfen " Man schreibt "amis" und nicht "ammie". Ausserdem Eure verhalten fängt an
zu "deutsch" zu sein.(hier ist nicht Mallorca) Damit will ich sagen, ihr glaub das Ihr seid Europa, und wenn das Forum auf deutsch Überstzt dann heiss es Europa?
Wenn Euch nicht passt das Snitz Community English/Us ist mach doch eure "Nazzi" Comunity. Mit solche sprüchen wie morpheus73 ablässt seit ihr hier nicht Willkommen. Wir sind noch Italiener,Ungarn,Bulgaren hier die lieber auf English lesen als in deutsch. Klaro?

Many Regards from,
LA

Darkwaldorf

Edited by - darkwaldorf on 07 November 2001 06:02:59
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2001 :  07:35:58  Show Profile
quote:

...und du könntest mal deine Rechtschreibung prüfen " Man schreibt "amis" und nicht "ammie". Ausserdem Eure verhalten fängt an
zu "deutsch" zu sein.(hier ist nicht Mallorca) Damit will ich sagen, ihr glaub das Ihr seid Europa, und wenn das Forum auf deutsch Überstzt dann heiss es Europa?

...And maybe you should check the membercountry before you sack the germans - this is in my dialect, which is close to german, but certainly not the same. - Also, what has nazism and WWII to do with this discussion?, - totally besides the point and pretty bizarre anyways. And a third point - My greatgrandparents are americans, I´ve lived in both NC (Asheville) and CAL (long beach) for several years and have absolutely nothing against americans - I partly feel like one, - however there are idiots among the american people just like there is amongst all other people, - and you´re obviously one of them!
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2001 :  07:55:16  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Man... Don't start Morpheus up again... We just got him to shut up. It's been quiet the last couple of days.
He just likes to argue with people and be thick headed about things.

Test Site:
http://www.eastpasco.com running on Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000
Need a Snitz MOD? Click Here: http://freeaspcode.net/snitz/
Go to Top of Page

AFord
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2001 :  21:50:54  Show Profile
As will be plain to see, I'm an American, a new user to this forum (although not to using Snitz with MODs), and a professional ASP developer.

Rick7165, you are an embarrassment to us all.

Simply put, you ask them to release the code - it's all right there in the download. It's not like it's in a compiled COM object or in proprietary format. If you WERE a developer of any quality, you would see how exceptionally simple it would be to use the portions of the code that are applicable to you and disregard the rest. But you want someone to do all the work for you....

Yes, there are bugs, as there are in EVERY application. IF bugs are reported, as well as the circumstances under which they occur, they can be addressed by the development team. IF YOU require bugfree code in a version 1 release of ANY product, you're a fool. In an open source project by the nature of the thing, YOU should be both reporting the bugs AND working with the dev team to correct them. That means actually write some code on your own and submit it, knothead.

On the international relations front, let me appologize for my countryman's bahavior - he is obviously living proof that there are still too many "imposters" running around deploying open source code on their servers without a clue of how it works (my only complaint about the open source community). Wish we had a way to ban them from all text editors and development IDEs, but until then we're stuck listening to their whines....

I use an EXTREMELY modified v3.3.03 Snitz forum on our corporate intranet. To test rick's moronic complaints, I deployed the Portal mod on my test server with less than an hour's work modifying the code to my environment. This included correcting some problems (aka bugs) with single-quotes and other data validation issues. It takes an extremely short amount of time to make the needed changes, configure the portal, and have active users taking advantage of it's features. And yet rick seems to find it difficult - I guess that speaks volumes about his worth as a developer.

Extremely good work, guys! Keep it up and dont let the naysayers ruin an exceptionally good, and FREE, application.

Go to Top of Page

fatum

Belgium
281 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2001 :  22:47:06  Show Profile  Visit fatum's Homepage
quote:

IF bugs are reported, as well as the circumstances under which they occur, they can be addressed by the development team.
This included correcting some problems (aka bugs) with single-quotes and other data validation issues.

Could you share the bugs you found with us ?
Thanks

Fatum
-------------------
To b33r or to pron,
little-gamers.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2001 :  23:41:55  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
LOL You guys crack me up...

You call it whinning... I call it a promise broken. See everyone of you have over looked to the point. They said that they were going to "Fix" the portal mod. So we have all been waiting for it. When they finally get around to fixing it they released if for a "Beta Version" of snitz "Not" released yet.

But No biggy... I've ripped the portal apart... took the language pack out of it. (I'll add the language pack in when It's a offical release (V4) Snitz forum).
This would be like Microsoft's next version of windows not released yet. And I'm trying to find support for it and add-ons... Would or should I write them asking for support or add-ons? I don't think so. I would and have wrote them about fixing things within the OS they have "Released" Now. And they do fix their OS that's out here to the public... Not something that's not released yet.

As for the comment
quote:

On the international relations front, let me appologize for my countryman's bahavior - he is obviously living proof that there are still too many "imposters" running around deploying open source code on their servers without a clue of how it works (my only complaint about the open source community). Wish we had a way to ban them from all text editors and development IDEs, but until then we're stuck listening to their whines....

Well that was uncalled for, But as A true American that I am your comment falls under the:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is about a Portal Mod.. Not about someone or their Country. I've not once ran anyone's country down. And I will not do this because I'm not going to climb down to your childish level.

So AFord run me down.. call me names... do whatever you want... I think it's funny and not going down to your level or anyone elses... This only makes me 100% stronger then you.

Test Site:
EastPasco running on Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000
Need a Snitz MOD? Click Here: Snitz Mod Resource
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2001 :  02:27:10  Show Profile
quote:

But No biggy... I've ripped the portal apart... took the language pack out of it. (I'll add the language pack in when It's a offical release (V4) Snitz forum).

Good, then you have build your own - then you can confirm that we will have no more complaints from you about future releases of this version or V2? - and please stop talking about broken promises - noone ever promised you anything - actually you actively declined from talking part in the DEV of this version, so noone owes you an explanation. - good luck with your own version.
Go to Top of Page

tangoc9999

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2001 :  14:21:23  Show Profile  Visit tangoc9999's Homepage  Send tangoc9999 an AOL message  Send tangoc9999 an ICQ Message  Send tangoc9999 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Please understand; YOU DON´T HAVE TO OVERWRITE THESE FILES! - just put the lang1030 as an includefile to the portalpages and link to them from YOUR OWN inc_top.

i am running Davio's package with mods of 3.3.03 with other mods. im interested in making this work. do you mean include lang1033? the explanation given was vague at best. im not looking for someone to do this for me, just point me a little further so i can mod my files. TIA.

TANGO

Computers run on smoke, when the smoke comes out, they quit running!

Go to Top of Page

Extra Sports
Average Member

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2001 :  18:22:20  Show Profile
tangoc why are u still wasting your time on warez and internet duns site??? mindgamezz has stopped it and since somebody hacked your snitz warez site, you are starting again!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

tangoc9999

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2001 :  19:09:14  Show Profile  Visit tangoc9999's Homepage  Send tangoc9999 an AOL message  Send tangoc9999 an ICQ Message  Send tangoc9999 a Yahoo! Message
ES, either answer the question or keep you off topic comments to yourself.

TANGO

Go to Top of Page

Extra Sports
Average Member

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2001 :  19:36:48  Show Profile
ok, sorry,
I just meant that I think tschieve wouldn't like u to use his portal for warez and illegal stuff!!! but I dont care about it. Its all with snitz and tschieve!!!

Go to Top of Page

tangoc9999

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2001 :  20:09:44  Show Profile  Visit tangoc9999's Homepage  Send tangoc9999 an AOL message  Send tangoc9999 an ICQ Message  Send tangoc9999 a Yahoo! Message
ES, last time i checked, its not illegal to hold discussions for security purposes. do you know what open source means? again you didnt answer my question about the portal.

TANGO

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07