Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  12:45:16  Show Profile
dssww, - you have to go to the testsite´s to see the v1.0 - and remember it´s only the portalcode. - other mods will be included when they get internationalized... here´s the link to the testsite (ACCESS version) http://heilpaedagogik.121hosts.net/portal/content/demo/content.asp and SQL version here... http://www.poeller.net/portal/content/content.asp?sectionid=0 - hope this will clarify your questions regarding the code these should be stable. The mainsite runs on the old version and is kept for discussions regarding the mod - THAT SITE IS NOT v1.0, but merely a platform for all of us to use during development.

Rick - stop whining and build your own code then (though I thought you did that once already?) - I´ve already explained how you could use the current version with the 3.3 - quite simple... just include the langfile (english) in the portalpages - that´s it. doesn´t demand a whole lot of recoding does it? + 95% V3.3 MODS WILL WORK WITH v4 BETA anyhow.

Tschive - nevermind the bollocks - the system works and it is Kool! v4 is just around the corner and when 4.1 (CSS version) arrives, everyone will update their mods anyhow to work with the CSS. I don´t understand why they are so pissed off, they were actually asked to help out/comment on the mod during alpha/beta stage, but they rejected it because they thought it would be a long time and they wanted to write their own version over at HuwR´s - they have no right to complain afterwards, they could just have chipped in or build a functioning system of their own.

on behalf of the rest of us we thank you for your efforts on this and the fact that you decided to go with internationalization - then the whole world can enjoy this; think of all the people in countries, were they were not given a chance to learn english and children who don´t speak english yet.

Let this discussion be focused on the further development of the portalmod for v4 and let´s hear positive people´s ideas and perspectives...

Morpheus7 - Troelsr@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  13:11:52  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
quote:

Rick - stop whining and build your own code then (though I thought you did that once already?) - I´ve already explained how you could use the current version with the 3.3 - quite simple... just include the langfile (english) in the portalpages - that´s it. doesn´t demand a whole lot of recoding does it? + 95% V3.3 MODS WILL WORK WITH v4 BETA anyhow.

NOT whining.. We did try to fix the Portal, BUT if I remember right you got really pissed off at us. And told us to wait for the next version that is comming out. What a waste of time waiting.

quote:

Tschive - nevermind the bollocks - the system works and it is Kool!

Uncalled for... We haven't called any of you names....

You are only worried about the international version because you live over there.

quote:

+ 95% V3.3 MODS WILL WORK WITH v4 BETA anyhow.

NOW you admitted to it! This is what I'm talking about! Release a version of the portal without the international version So people can STILL use their mods.

quote:

Let this discussion be focused on the further development of the portalmod for v4 and let´s hear positive people´s ideas and perspectives...

OK I agree!!! Here are my Ideas and Perspectives:

1. Fix the Portal Bugs then release
2. Make a international version < This is already done.
3. Make a non international version

I understand what you are saying.. You can drop your portal into any forum version, BUT it over writes many main files and most everyone has a Modded base code forum.

Suggestion:
Just release the portal code so it can be added to anyone's forum without if messing with the base code. SO Everyone can still use their Mods!!!! Snitz hasn't even released Version 4 yet... Come on... what are we to do? rebuild our mods to something that's not even released yet?

Test Site:
http://www.eastpasco.com running on Huw's Code 3.3.10 SQL 2000

Edited by - Rick7165 on 04 November 2001 13:24:30
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  13:35:52  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Morpheus... This is very very simple... You have 50% of it done.

You released the international version of the Portal.

Now release a non international version... So 95% of the people can use the portal and still use their mods.

I will convert to the international version one day... When Snitz releases a Final Version of it and people start writing mods for it... Until then your portal is no good to most of us.

Just make a non international version of the portal so WE ALL can work together to make the Portal Bigger and Better.

Test Site:
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  13:49:28  Show Profile
Is this discussion really helping to get somwhere? I have not used this Portal but may be here are few tips for all:

Developers : Fix The Bugs
Users : Report the Bugs

And

Critics : They help to improve
Competitors : Show the Advantage

GauravBhabu
There is only one miracle...That is LIFE! | It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  13:50:59  Show Profile
I, Personally, like the idea of International version.

GauravBhabu
There is only one miracle...That is LIFE! | It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  14:14:08  Show Profile
quote:

Nevermind the bollocks

Doesn´t really describe a person but is more like saying "nevermind the trouble" - you should know, you´re the one coming from an english speaking country?

Live over there? - well a lot of us live "over here", if you´re talking about what you call the "old world" - europe, - actually there is about 320 million of us just in the EC countries, which is about 50 million more than you americans - so I think we have a say too. - And we do want internationalism. + I´m sure a lot of americans would too, don´t forget that a lot of your citizens speak other languages too.

Portal mod 1.0 is being developed for v4, - people can adapt to 3.3 if they want to, but we´re going to continue focusing on v4 as the platform.

Yes, it´s true we asked you to wait for the next version, but you declined and embarged on your own project, because, and I quote you by saying, this version was a bunch of garbage. - We are not professionals and have other things in our lives to tend too also, that have priorities above snitz, such as jobs, children and friends - these will and should always come first. - then the snitz mods will be released when we have sparetime for that. Now you´re pissed at us because we release something. - strange.

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  14:32:49  Show Profile
sorry kovan

rick7165
quote:

1. Fix the Portal Bugs then release
2. Make a international version < This is already done.
3. Make a non international version

i think this is a way to go. thank you.

whitch bug of the 1.0 code need to be fixed?

quote:
Suggestion:
Just release the portal code so it can be added to anyone's forum without if messing with the base code. SO Everyone can still use their Mods!!!! Snitz hasn't even released Version 4 yet... Come on... what are we to do? rebuild our mods to something that's not even released yet?

that's exactly what i have done in the version 1.0. remember, the versions before was declared as ALPHA code!

In the zip file are some files of the forums with modified code:
inc_top.asp with active_users and navigation
default.asp, forums.asp and topic.asp with inserted tables and manu.

if you overvrite this files with the original files, you have exactly the "pure snitz code"

tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss

Edited by - tschive on 04 November 2001 14:35:27
Go to Top of Page

kovan

134 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  14:33:00  Show Profile
this is getting boring

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  15:57:14  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
quote:

this is getting boring

Yea.. they just don't get it....

95% of the people CAN'T over write thier inc_top.asp, active_users, default.asp, forums.asp, config.asp and topic.asp

I give up... Basically they don't care about anyone but themselves. And forcing everyone to convert to the international version.

Test Site:
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  16:34:13  Show Profile
quote:

95% of the people CAN'T over write thier inc_top.asp, active_users, default.asp, forums.asp, config.asp and topic.asp

Please understand; YOU DON´T HAVE TO OVERWRITE THESE FILES! - just put the lang1030 as an includefile to the portalpages and link to them from YOUR OWN inc_top.

quote:

I give up... Basically they don't care about anyone but themselves. And forcing everyone to convert to the international version.

Yes, we care about the world, thus by releasing an international MOD, not just focusing of the illiterate part of the US population, who think the whole world is their own county and that internationalism is a McDonalds in every city in the world. Please stop being as narrowminded as your president and stop the flaming of other users in these forums!

Dähmliche*****köpfige ammie!

And where did you get the figure 95% from? I still want to know...

Edited by - morpheus73 on 04 November 2001 16:44:55
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  17:00:51  Show Profile
Making all the Mods Compatible is not all that BIG.

GauravBhabu
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  17:17:35  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
quote:

Yes, we care about the world, thus by releasing an international MOD, not just focusing of the illiterate part of the US population, who think the whole world is their own county and that internationalism is a McDonalds in every city in the world. Please stop being as narrowminded as your president and stop the flaming of other users in these forums!

Dähmliche*****köpfige ammie!

And where did you get the figure 95% from? I still want to know...
Edited by - morpheus73 on 04 November 2001 16:44:55

Oh... Now I understand... Thanks for pointing this out. That Us AMERICANS are "illiterate" and think the world is ours and our "President" is "Narrowminded"

Test Site:
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  18:00:14  Show Profile
From Portal to President. What a discussion?

GauravBhabu
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  18:11:01  Show Profile
quote:

From Portal to President. What a discussion?

- you´re absolutely right, G - I decline to take part in this discussion any further.

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2001 :  18:42:34  Show Profile
quote:

- you´re absolutely right, G - I decline to take part in this discussion any further.

And with this decision you spared yourself a lot of Time to Think about Development.

GauravBhabu
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07