Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  18:20:13  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
OK, here it is. I've been currently using this mod at my forum for 2 months now and it works like a champ. This will stamp the posts and replies within your forum with the actual number of the post/reply.

DEMO:
http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum (look at any topic)

SCREENSHOT:

DOWNLOAD
Click Here

Thanks to work mule for creating this at my request. I told him if he would create it I would package it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty I would rate this a 4, it is a pretty easy mod. ENJOY!

Dayve

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  18:55:45  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
cheers dayve/work mule for creating this cool mod.

all working great, except, following the instructions, it appera underneath a members avatar, not underneath the post.

see here:
http://36-degrees.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/topic2.asp?TOPIC_ID=108&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=news and stuff&Forum_Title=general forum

i would like to get the code that places it below the post, along with the date registered if possible, cheers, stuart.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  18:58:37  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
yeah, my topic.asp is HEAVILY modified so I tried to find an original layout of snitz. you can place the code wherever you want for the actual Post # of ##, do you need help with that??

Other than that it looks like you got the mod running without a hitch, good for you.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  19:46:47  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
ill need the code for member registered date please.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  20:01:02  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

ill need the code for member registered date please.

that was not part of this mod, this was strictly post stamping but I will tell you how to do it. where did you want to display that info??

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 10 August 2001 20:01:39
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  20:46:44  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
i want to put this info, and the post stamp, underneath the body of the topic/post, like in your screenshot above.
cheers, stuart.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2001 :  21:34:19  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
that would require a major restructure, I did mine piece by piece and it would be hard to pinpoint everything but how about you look at my topic.asp file yourself??

Click Here

hope that helps a bit, just look at the code closely...

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  07:05:09  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
cheers dayve, i shall take a close look! hopfully i can pull out the stuff i want!

Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  21:02:37  Show Profile
i got it working but why is it saying post # 0 of 200 ?

umm is it suppose be like that or did i messed up?

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  21:15:50  Show Profile
Did you do step 4?

4. Run dbpoststampupdate.asp (this will take awhile on bigger
databases, please be patient)
-this runs a routine to populate the fields with the number of
posts already existing in database

The Work Mule Forums
The Writer Community
Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  22:23:07  Show Profile
oops now i look stupid
they showing now thanks a lot and lot thanks goes to both you guys for this mod i went to his page long time ago and i liked it and wanted add it on my friend forum also.. looking foward for more great mods from you guys

rai -

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  22:38:45  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
oh yes, step 4, the crucial step to run against an existing database.. glad you like Raichelle... work mule did a great job, out of all my mods, my members like this one.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

MDGamezz

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2001 :  22:21:08  Show Profile  Send MDGamezz an AOL message  Send MDGamezz an ICQ Message
Thanks for the Mod dayve / work mule.
I've been waiting for you to package this up and it was worth the wait.
Also
Thanks for posting your topic.asp. Having it I was able to implement as you have it (at the bottom of the message).

MDGamezz

Edited by - mdgamezz on 12 August 2001 22:21:41
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2001 :  22:56:09  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

Thanks for the Mod dayve / work mule.
I've been waiting for you to package this up and it was worth the wait.
Also
Thanks for posting your topic.asp. Having it I was able to implement as you have it (at the bottom of the message).

MDGamezz

Edited by - mdgamezz on 12 August 2001 22:21:41

took a look at your forum, looks good with the different colors. I see you even used the glowing moderator tweak...a tear almost rolled from my eye

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 12 August 2001 22:57:38
Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2001 :  10:47:10  Show Profile
the last visit refuse to work for me i wonder why i already had the others i had from ricard topic.txt ummm am going try and see if the glowing text for moderators name might work but i was hoping that everyone can use the glowing text on there message. like users can type in [glow]text[/glow] i hope someone working on this mod umm dayve i heard you tried to work on that long time ago and i was wondering if you had any luck.. i saw some others before like the flash and others i search around but have not notice any mod like that..

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2001 :  12:26:40  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

the last visit refuse to work for me i wonder why i already had the others i had from ricard topic.txt ummm am going try and see if the glowing text for moderators name might work but i was hoping that everyone can use the glowing text on there message. like users can type in [glow]text[/glow] i hope someone working on this mod umm dayve i heard you tried to work on that long time ago and i was wondering if you had any luck.. i saw some others before like the flash and others i search around but have not notice any mod like that..

you confused me, I hope you didn't replace your topic.asp with mine because it more than likely will not work for you. that was merely for reference but for the tweak for the glow tags, yes that has already been posted in this category, just poke around a bit, I will post a link here if I find it but it was just like 4 days ago or so...

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 13 August 2001 12:27:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07