Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  13:58:57  Show Profile
quote:

I desperately want this MOD but i am afraid to edit all the files as it take huge amount of time.

Actually this is not a very hard task at all with a program like Cute FTP.

1. I simply uploaded the MODEL-admin_config_colors.asp and renamed it as admin_congig_colors.asp (and I am heavily mod'ed)
2. The MODEL_config.asp was cleared coded so I just cut and pasted to my config.asp
3. I opened ALL my source *.ASP files in Cute FTP at one time
3. I did a "find and replace" with the first suggested replacement(s) and cute FTP did all the asp files at once.
4. I did the second "find and replace" with the next suggested replacement(s) and I was done!

BTW I tried this mod several time until I figured out how to use Cute FTP to do it and it was pretty tedious.

Hope this helps,
Shep

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  13:59:46  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
mfindlay

I have done a find/replace on all files the results are here http://home.domaindlx.com/bonkers/portal_mod/content/content.asp?sectionid=6
and
http://user.7host.com/bonkers/content/content.asp?sectionid=6

should a colorstripe.gif appear where it says
Most Popular Links
Top 5 Newest Resources
If it should what could i have missed?

bonkers
Go to Top of Page

RobX
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  14:04:35  Show Profile
(UPDATE)

Hello Mark,

Well...
1) now it seems that I got the HeadCells showing the colorstripe.gif but not the CategoryCells.
2) also in my admin_colors page I can see the colorstripe.gif for the HeadCells and for the CategoryCells but I can NOT see the colors for other cells. I just see a green empty table all along the right side.

:-)

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  14:23:46  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

I seem to be missing a gif called icon_color.gif

Is it supposed to be included in the mod - or is it supposed to already be on the system. Anyway I don't have it can someone make it availabel to me?

Thanks,
Shep

That is a gif file from another mod, the popup color mod. That mod pops up a color chart when you click on the gif image. I did not write that mod, but you can download it from this forum. If you don't want to bother with that mod, you can just create a blank/transparent gif file (make it 16x16 pixels or so) and name it icon_color.gif.

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  14:31:05  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

mfindlay

I have done a find/replace on all files the results are here http://home.domaindlx.com/bonkers/portal_mod/content/content.asp?sectionid=6
and

Most Popular Links
Top 5 Newest Resources

bonkers

Since there are any number of add-on mods out there, you will need to go into the mod's source code and determine how to best adjust the source to include the background= into their cell headers etc. For the most part the Snitz forum source code is consistent in the way it codes the headers etc., but for each individual mod out there you will need to do a little analysis to incorporate the background=. If you can't find the location where this should be done you might want to contact the mod (is it the Links Manager mod?) author and ask for some direction.

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  14:33:01  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

(UPDATE)

Hello Mark,

Well...
1) now it seems that I got the HeadCells showing the colorstripe.gif but not the CategoryCells.
2) also in my admin_colors page I can see the colorstripe.gif for the HeadCells and for the CategoryCells but I can NOT see the colors for other cells. I just see a green empty table all along the right side.

:-)

I looked at your admin_config_colors.asp and found the problem. It lacks the definition of the last column to display all the colors. Except for the 2 image cell displays, all the other cells have not yet been defined.

This is a little confusing I know, so let me backtrack a bit. A while back I updated my own admin_config_colors.asp to display all of the currently used colors in an additional display column so that I could always see what the currently used color setting looked like. I posted this updated form in a separate posting on Snitz.

When I wrote the background cell images mod I used this updated form. So you will need to use this updated form as well if you want to see the colors used for each setting.

The good news is that all that needs to happen is to COPY my form from the admin_config_colors.asp and REPLACE your current form with mine.

Note1: You may not have the popup color mod installed on your system and therefore may not have the icon_color.gif file. If this is the case, just create a blank/transparent gif file (try about 16 x 16 pixels) and name it icon_color.gif and you should be all set.

Note2: In my system I placed all images in an "images" directory so if you have all your images in your main forum directory, do a REPLACE ALL of "images\" to just "\" to eliminate the "images" prefix.

Edited by - mfindlay on 09 July 2001 16:59:13
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  15:25:03  Show Profile
I Dont see the 2 Variables in the Forum Variable Information !!

HElp plzzz

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  15:52:23  Show Profile
Hey it seems we need to have that color Mod as well with this. THis is what I see in my admin_config_color.asp

help me out guyz

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  16:07:35  Show Profile
As you can see in the picture, i am trying to implement this code inside the Portal Mod. !

mfindlay, help me out to make this run dude. plz !

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  17:02:14  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

I desperately want this MOD but i am afraid to edit all the files as it take huge amount of time.

Folks have found this confusing since it is actually part of the color popup mod. If you do not have the color popup mod installed, you can simply delete the icon_color.gif (which will also delete the associated hyperlink) from the form.

I have updated the docs in the download as well for any future users.

Edited by - mfindlay on 10 July 2001 17:04:00
Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  17:05:24  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

I Dont see the 2 Variables in the Forum Variable Information !!

HElp plzzz

Have you run the "check installation" from the main admin features panel? This updates the forum variables.

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2001 :  20:12:37  Show Profile
I did and it didn't work still. I got frustrated and gave up and deleted everything.

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2001 :  10:00:40  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:

quote:

mfindlay

and

Most Popular Links
Top 5 Newest Resources

bonkers

Since there are any number of add-on mods out there, you will need to go into the mod's source code and determine how to best adjust the source to include the background= into their cell headers etc. For the most part the Snitz forum source code is consistent in the way it codes the headers etc., but for each individual mod out there you will need to do a little analysis to incorporate the background=. If you can't find the location where this should be done you might want to contact the mod (is it the Links Manager mod?) author and ask for some direction.

Thank you
I have just d/loaded the new Alpha 02 portal mod code and intend to install this again. see if i can make a better job of it.
I think i will re d/load your mod again.
If all goes well i`m going to have a shot at your supersearch mod
see you later

bonkers
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07